Oath Keepers believed Donald Trump would turn them into personal militia (Read 426 times)

rhayder

The Oath Keepers will tell a jury they really believed Donald Trump would turn them into his own, personal militia on Jan. 6

Lawyers for Elmer Stewart Rhodes will tell jurors the far-right group believed President Trump would federalize them.

They will argue at their Sept. 28 seditious conspiracy trial that this, not sedition, was their lawful reason to be at the Capitol on Jan. 6.

They'll also claim the Insurrection Act is so vaguely written, Trump legally could have used it to make them a federal militia.

Their fantasy mission? To "Stop the Steal," "Defend the President," and "Defeat the Deep State," according to since-deleted rhetoric from their website. A defiant Trump would officially be their commander in chief.

https://www.businessinsider.com/oath-keepers-to-tell-jury-they-believed-trump-would-federalize-them-2022-6

MassConfusion

I somewhat doubt the whole premise of that particular article.  First off they are supposed to be a group of former law enforcement and constitutionalists.  Take that with a grain of salt.

Now Mr Rhodes on the other hand is a kind of unknown.  There have been many rumors floating around the interzones that he was an FBI asset.  You know how that goes in general, shades of Gretchen Whitmer.  I have heard some of his interviews and some of the people's reactions to him, I would not trust him as far as i could throw him.  He has never been called for questioning in the jan 6 thing and if he was i dont think he was asked anything of import, maybe just a debriefing. 

I also put little to no stock in anything Q Anon related.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
 “The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.” ― Mark Twain

macsak

cool story, bro...

The Oath Keepers will tell a jury they really believed Donald Trump would turn them into his own, personal militia on Jan. 6

Lawyers for Elmer Stewart Rhodes will tell jurors the far-right group believed President Trump would federalize them.

They will argue at their Sept. 28 seditious conspiracy trial that this, not sedition, was their lawful reason to be at the Capitol on Jan. 6.

They'll also claim the Insurrection Act is so vaguely written, Trump legally could have used it to make them a federal militia.

Their fantasy mission? To "Stop the Steal," "Defend the President," and "Defeat the Deep State," according to since-deleted rhetoric from their website. A defiant Trump would officially be their commander in chief.

https://www.businessinsider.com/oath-keepers-to-tell-jury-they-believed-trump-would-federalize-them-2022-6

changemyoil66

I "believe" i can win the Megabucks

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Flapp_Jackson

Watched a video I posted a few days ago in which an 18 yr old killed his 4 yr old sister because he believed he was protecting her.

Unless there's a proclamation, executive order, other document signed by Trump, or a recorded conversation with Trump saying would do something for them, what someone "believed" is immaterial.  It's not Trump's fault that some people are delusional. 
Truth, when not sought after, rarely comes to light.  -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

I need some new conspiracy theories. All my old ones turned out to be true.

Hamburger Helper only works if the hamburger really wants to be helped.

robtmc

changemyoil66

I also "believed" that there were hot milfs wanting to f*ck me within 1 mile. 

aletheuo137

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

macsak

cool story, bro...

I thought only Democrats were delusional? These people are the new face of the Republican party and the new representatives of the 2A movement.

rhayder

Does this describe you?

Antigovernment groups are part of the antidemocratic hard right movement. They believe the federal government is tyrannical and they traffic in conspiracy theories about an illegitimate government of leftist elites seeking a “New World Order.” In the past this movement was referred to as the “Patriot” movement by adherents and critics.

aletheuo137

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Flapp_Jackson

Does this describe you?

Antigovernment groups are part of the antidemocratic hard right movement. They believe the federal government is tyrannical and they traffic in conspiracy theories about an illegitimate government of leftist elites seeking a “New World Order.” In the past this movement was referred to as the “Patriot” movement by adherents and critics.

You're the delusional one.

Biden came out this week pushing the "Liberal World Order."  I guess it's not a conspiracy theory anymore, huh?

The Liberals don't care about us.  They just want the world to be remade in the image they have in their idealistic heads.  And they don't care how many have to suffer to get there.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/mcenany-slams-biden-officials-remark-liberal-world-order-admitting-intentional
Truth, when not sought after, rarely comes to light.  -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

I need some new conspiracy theories. All my old ones turned out to be true.

Hamburger Helper only works if the hamburger really wants to be helped.

hvybarrels

Does this describe you?

Does this describe you?

"Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it."
-Joseph Stalin

mrgaf

Does this describe you?

Me thinks this describes him as well……

« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 02:29:44 PM by mrgaf »
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman