33.3%
Forced
3.7%
Total Members Voted

Abortion (Read 102268 times)

oldfart

Re: Abortion
« Reply #460 on: October 23, 2020, 10:28:49 AM »
I formulate my opinions from personal experience and.common sense.
About 20 years ago a woman became pregnant with a girl.
The girl had a defective chromosome structure.
The doctors said the girl might be retarded and have medical problems.
The doctors offered to abort the baby.
The parents said no.
Today, that girl is an aspiring french pastry chef in college who has already created treats enjoyed by some notable local tv celebs and a few lucky members of our local gun community.
=================
I kind of got tired of seeing this thread going on and on so I'm going to elaborate on this TRUE story I posted.
The girl I wrote about is my daughter.
When the doctor offered us the abortion option she was the size of a peanut in mommy's opu.
In fact, we nick-named her "Peanut" because that's what she looked like in the sonogram.

Her chromosome defect doesn't seem to have caused any problems at all.
She is a tall, smart, hard working and good looking girl in college today.

How tragic would it have been if we decided to terminate her?
(tart she created completely from scratch including the shells and chocolate flourish)

What, Me Worry?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #461 on: October 23, 2020, 10:36:08 AM »
=================
I kind of got tired of seeing this thread going on and on so I'm going to elaborate on this TRUE story I posted.
When the doctor offered us the abortion option she was the size of a peanut in mommy's opu.
In fact, we nick-named her "Peanut" because that's what she looked like in the sonogram.

(tart she created completely from scratch including the shells and chocolate flourish)

Your story is not rare.

People like OmniGun think they have a right to decide which children can live or die as long as there's some list of "issues" that give them the abortion option regardless of the length of pregnancy.  If a test determines 3 weeks before the due date that the child has developmental abnormalities, they want to abort -- no restrictions.  Basically, they are selfish and do not want to be burdened with a special needs child.  They can pretend it's in the child's interest -- saving them from a lifetime of difficulties.  Somehow they think the child would prefer death over a difficult life.  How is that not playing god?

It's been said that having abortions can lead to miscarriages in healthy women.  So, if OG's GF decides to abort 1,2 or more times, then decides they are ready to have kids, their choices may prevent her from getting pregnant or carrying to full term.

Consequences.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

omnigun

« Reply #462 on: October 23, 2020, 10:46:44 AM »
=================

I support you decision, I don't want to tell you what to do.  I am advocating choice not mandatory abortions. If someone wants to make that decision power to them but if someone doesn't they should have that right too.

omnigun

« Reply #463 on: October 23, 2020, 10:51:55 AM »
Your story is not rare.

People like OmniGun think they have a right to decide which children can live or die as long as there's some list of "issues" that give them the abortion option regardless of the length of pregnancy.  If a test determines 3 weeks before the due date that the child has developmental abnormalities, they want to abort -- no restrictions.  Basically, they are selfish and do not want to be burdened with a special needs child.  They can pretend it's in the child's interest -- saving them from a lifetime of difficulties.  Somehow they think the child would prefer death over a difficult life.  How is that not playing god?

It's been said that having abortions can lead to miscarriages in healthy women.  So, if OG's GF decides to abort 1,2 or more times, then decides they are ready to have kids, their choices may prevent her from getting pregnant or carrying to full term.

Consequences.

No people like me says the person who is in that situation has the right to decide.  No one else can or should make that decision for them.  Its theirs and their alone.  If you do a test and it shows issues it should be your right to decide what to do.  No reasonable restrictions. (aka you cant abort right before its born...).  Why must you insert your opinions or assumptions or reasoning on others?  Its their choice.  They have to live with what choice they make.   If it means they can't have kids in the future or for some religious beliefs or anything, that's on them. 

On a side note: People play "god" all the time, why is this bad? 

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #464 on: October 23, 2020, 11:10:58 AM »
I support you decision, I don't want to tell you what to do.  I am advocating choice not mandatory abortions. If someone wants to make that decision power to them but if someone doesn't they should have that right too.

You're advocating for unrestricted abortion, not "choice".  Stop sugar-coating it.

-- Melvin Udall

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #465 on: October 23, 2020, 11:13:05 AM »
No people like me says the person who is in that situation has the right to decide.  No one else can or should make that decision for them.  Its theirs and their alone.  If you do a test and it shows issues it should be your right to decide what to do.  No reasonable restrictions. (aka you cant abort right before its born...).  Why must you insert your opinions or assumptions or reasoning on others?  Its their choice.  They have to live with what choice they make.   If it means they can't have kids in the future or for some religious beliefs or anything, that's on them. 

On a side note: People play "god" all the time, why is this bad?

You have unrestricted rights to kill a child.

The child has no rights.

We got it.

AGAIN.

Yes, people play god all the time.

When we catch them, we charge them with murder.
-- Melvin Udall

oldfart

« Reply #466 on: October 23, 2020, 11:14:11 AM »
======
what would you have done if the peanut were yours?
What, Me Worry?

omnigun

« Reply #467 on: October 23, 2020, 11:22:57 AM »
======
what would you have done if the peanut were yours?

I am not sure, in all honesty I probably wouldn't take the chance you did.  I hope I am never in the situation you found yourself in and have I have great respect for you and your decision.  You took a chance knowing the stakes and were blessed.  You are a better person than me probably lol.

I just feel that no one has the right to tell someone else what to do. 
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 11:29:30 AM by omnigun »

omnigun

« Reply #468 on: October 23, 2020, 11:23:56 AM »
You're advocating for unrestricted abortion, not "choice".  Stop sugar-coating it.

What?  It is a choice?  You can choose not to have an abortion and place all the restrictions you want on yourself. 

omnigun

« Reply #469 on: October 23, 2020, 11:25:40 AM »
You have unrestricted rights to kill a child.

The child has no rights.

We got it.

AGAIN.

Yes, people play god all the time.

When we catch them, we charge them with murder.

The judge or jury deciding the outcome of the defendant, is this "god"
The executioner of the convicted criminal, are they "god"
A soldier at war killing someone, are they "god"
The doctor saving someones life over another, are they "god"

They are just choices people make that effect others.   People do it all the time.  They are all not charged with murder.

macsak

« Reply #470 on: October 23, 2020, 12:13:46 PM »
I am not sure, in all honesty I probably wouldn't take the chance you did.  I hope I am never in the situation you found yourself in and have I have great respect for you and your decision.  You took a chance knowing the stakes and were blessed. You are a better person than me probably lol.

I just feel that no one has the right to tell someone else what to do.

why the "probably" and "lol"?

omnigun

« Reply #471 on: October 23, 2020, 12:50:21 PM »
why the "probably" and "lol"?

Cause I don't know the guy personally.  Can't evaluate the rest of his life.  And I injected humor into the convo.

drck1000

« Reply #472 on: October 23, 2020, 12:51:14 PM »
Cause I don't know the guy personally.  Can't evaluate the rest of his life.  And I injected humor into the convo.
Get to know him. He can take you to the range and teach you to actually shoot your collection.  :thumbsup:

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #473 on: October 23, 2020, 01:51:37 PM »
Get to know him. He can take you to the range and teach you to actually shoot your collection.  :thumbsup:

Never take anyone to the range who doesn't value human life.   :thumbsup:
-- Melvin Udall

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #474 on: October 23, 2020, 09:26:30 PM »
=================

I don't know, I think we are going to have to taste test those pastries, just to be sure.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #475 on: October 23, 2020, 09:32:55 PM »
We are talking about genetic defects here.  Not what color hair they have or are they white enough like the Nazis.  I'm talking about are they missing organs.  Things we shouldn't force the poor child to be born to live with.  Things we shouldn't force the parents to live with.  Things we shouldn't force society to live with.

So say you were to be born with only 1 lung which would limit your athletic abilities and give you breathing problems later. Would you not want the decision to be born or not? Would you rather someone else determine what your life would be worth based on how much difficulty you may have in life? I think I would rather be the one who decides whether my life is to difficult to keep on living.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #476 on: October 23, 2020, 09:33:58 PM »
Sure.  You just have to find and remove the Gay gene ....

If we can stop the Human Immunodeficiency Virus by changing our genes, maybe we can fix COVID and all the other SARS variants, too!   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I don't think he knows how any of this works.   :wacko:

The man credited with discovering HIV stated that a healthy immune system can defeat HIV on its own.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #477 on: October 23, 2020, 09:41:01 PM »
The man credited with discovering HIV stated that a healthy immune system can defeat HIV on its own.

So?

My cat purrs.

:wacko:

-- Melvin Udall

omnigun

« Reply #478 on: October 23, 2020, 09:43:04 PM »
Sure.  You just have to find and remove the Gay gene ....

If we can stop the Human Immunodeficiency Virus by changing our genes, maybe we can fix COVID and all the other SARS variants, too!   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I don't think he knows how any of this works.   :wacko:

I think a certain flap is really the ignorant one.  Inb4 he finds some way to twist this to that he isnt wrong.  Cause flap is never wrong....

A genetic mutation known as CCR5-delta 32 is responsible for the two types of HIV resistance that exist. CCR5-delta 32 hampers HIV's ability to infiltrate immune cells.

https://www.nature.com/scitable/blog/viruses101/hiv_resistant_mutation/#:~:text=A%20genetic%20mutation%20known%20as,ability%20to%20infiltrate%20immune%20cells.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #479 on: October 23, 2020, 09:46:13 PM »
I think a certain flap is really the ignorant one.  Inb4 he finds some way to twist this to that he isnt wrong.  Cause flap is never wrong....

A genetic mutation known as CCR5-delta 32 is responsible for the two types of HIV resistance that exist. CCR5-delta 32 hampers HIV's ability to infiltrate immune cells.

https://www.nature.com/scitable/blog/viruses101/hiv_resistant_mutation/#:~:text=A%20genetic%20mutation%20known%20as,ability%20to%20infiltrate%20immune%20cells.

So, why is that not a routine procedure for HIV prevention for the general population?
-- Melvin Udall