Hawaii County Police. (Read 6353 times)

groveler

Hawaii County Police.
« on: May 04, 2020, 09:22:12 AM »
Yesterday there was an accident by my home.
I was drawn to check on it as we heard the crash.
When I got up there there were two fat cops.
One was trying to subdue an obviously drunk, hurt, screaming person,
struggling in the road.  The other cop looked really confused.
I did the usual slow down to upcoming traffic and they slowed.
as the confused cop wasn't doing it.
This is a 55 MPH road with car parts all over the place.
I asked the confused cop  if he had flares
and I offered to place them for him, so he could do cop shit.
I've done this before, help,  but not interfere,
OR do stupid.
The cop ordered me to leave the scene.
Presumably he thought someone had guns.
So I went back to my home.
EFF them.
As I left I recognized people that had slowed down
in response to my signals returning to the accident site.
BI is not Oahu, but we must have the same kind of idiot cops.
The same ones that deny us our gun rights.
Because only the cops can protect us.

That is the point of this post, What a joke!

changemyoil66

Re: Hawaii County Police.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 10:01:09 AM »
To be fair, the cop told you to leave because he doesn't want to put  you in danger. You mentioned he was confused and the intoxicated person was subdued (combative) and maybe he thought there was a gun.  All signs of not wanting to put you (civilian) in danger.

groveler

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 10:48:10 AM »
To be fair, the cop told you to leave because he doesn't want to put  you in danger. You mentioned he was confused and the intoxicated person was subdued (combative) and maybe he thought there was a gun.  All signs of not wanting to put you (civilian) in danger.
I was successfully slowing traffic for my neighbors safety.
I never crossed the Fog line.
It was entertaining to watch the cops FU.
I was in the military for a few years,
although my AFSC was not Military
police,  I got a lot of training from them
as I was classified as "world wide mobile",
and required to be "world wide mobile" all
the time. I kept a duffel bag/ sea bag in my car at
all times.
Of course cops think everybody are idiots.
They don't interact with the people that pay
their wages very much.
That is why cops are so dangerous.

robtmc

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 12:56:36 PM »
From what I have seen over a decade or so, BI cops are at best clumsy amateurs.   Had some bust some construction worker across my street years back.  I went to the end of my driveway to see what was up.   One clown in plain clothes tried to give me stink eye for watching.   I ignored him to his evident displeasure.

Saw a minor accident on Kuakini/Queen K and watched as no fewer than six cops showed up in their 4Runners.   Wondered if that would have been a great time to go do some drag racing with all the cops on the west side enjoying a social hour at the crash.

Of course we have the Gomes case where they went full shooting range on the dumb guy twice and never hit him.   He was never shooting back, but had evidently been designated a free fire zone when spotted.

That said, my interaction with the firearms ladies at the Kona substation have been pleasant, much better than the adversarial scene in Honolulu.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 02:58:44 PM by robtmc »

Inspector

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 02:38:00 AM »
From what I have seen over a decade or so, BI cops are at best clumsy amateurs.   Had some bust some construction worker across my street years back.  I went to the end of my driveway to see what was up.   One clown in plain clothes tried to give me stink eye for watching.   I ignored him to his evident displeasure.

Saw a minor accident on Kuakini/Queen K and watched as no fewer than six cops showed up in their 4Runners.   Wondered if that would have been a great time to go do some drag racing with all the cops on the west side enjoying a social hour at the crash.

Of course we have the Gomes case where they went full shooting range on the dumb guy twice and never hit him.   He was never shooting back, but had evidently been designated a free fire zone when spotted.

That said, my interaction with the firearms ladies at the Kona substation have been pleasant, much better than the adversarial scene in Honolulu.
The first full day my wife and I moved to the BI we were being shown homes for rent on the Hilo side by a real estate agent who was a very small very old lady. As we pulled out onto the main highway near Fern Forest, this little old lady pulled a full illegal u-turn right in front of an oncoming cop. He hit his lights and siren and pulled her over. We pulled in behind the cop and watched what happened next. He walked up to her car and must have said something that pissed her off because she swung the door open and flew out of her car so fast it took me a second or two to realize what was happening. Here was this around 5’ tall little old lady putting her finger in the face of this cop who was close to 6’ tall. After a minute or so, he actually backed down, got in his car and left. When we arrived at the next house I asked her what she said to him. All she said is she knows his mother.  :rofl:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

groveler

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2020, 07:01:33 AM »
The first full day my wife and I moved to the BI we were being shown homes for rent on the Hilo side by a real estate agent who was a very small very old lady. As we pulled out onto the main highway near Fern Forest, this little old lady pulled a full illegal u-turn right in front of an oncoming cop. He hit his lights and siren and pulled her over. We pulled in behind the cop and watched what happened next. He walked up to her car and must have said something that pissed her off because she swung the door open and flew out of her car so fast it took me a second or two to realize what was happening. Here was this around 5’ tall little old lady putting her finger in the face of this cop who was close to 6’ tall. After a minute or so, he actually backed down, got in his car and left. When we arrived at the next house I asked her what she said to him. All she said is she knows his mother.  :rofl:
That is why I like the Big Island!
Auntie will kick your butt!
We are more afraid of Auntie
than some stupid fat cop.
BTW
Auntie probably has an
un-registered rifle behind
the door.
Aunties don't register guns to fat cops.
Aloha.

RSN172

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2020, 07:44:36 AM »
Plus Auntie kno wea yowa house stay.

groveler

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2020, 08:21:12 AM »
Plus Auntie kno wea yowa house stay.
Definitely Auntie knows where I stay.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2020, 09:43:43 PM »
I was successfully slowing traffic for my neighbors safety.
I never crossed the Fog line.
It was entertaining to watch the cops FU.
I was in the military for a few years,
although my AFSC was not Military
police,  I got a lot of training from them
as I was classified as "world wide mobile",
and required to be "world wide mobile" all
the time. I kept a duffel bag/ sea bag in my car at
all times.
Of course cops think everybody are idiots.
They don't interact with the people that pay
their wages very much.
That is why cops are so dangerous.

In my experience you will run into some who are just dicks for no perceivable reasons and then once who will treat you like a relative.

From what you explained so far I don't think it is fair to judge his actions too harshly. As changemyoil pointed out there could be a safety issue and did not want you to get hurt but there are also other potential reasons. Sometimes having an audience will make a suspect more problematic and asking you to leave may be a step towards getting the person to calm down. The cop may also not have any idea whose side you are on, are you a good samaritan just trying to help or are you the suspect's friend trying to distract them? There is a lot of dynamic to a situation like that.

changemyoil66

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2020, 08:57:09 AM »
Cop was probably thinking he doesn't want to end up on youtube.  I'm sure that's 1 key phrase for roll call.  "dont end up on youtube"

groveler

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2020, 09:34:59 AM »
In my experience you will run into some who are just dicks for no perceivable reasons and then once who will treat you like a relative.

From what you explained so far I don't think it is fair to judge his actions too harshly. As changemyoil pointed out there could be a safety issue and did not want you to get hurt but there are also other potential reasons. Sometimes having an audience will make a suspect more problematic and asking you to leave may be a step towards getting the person to calm down. The cop may also not have any idea whose side you are on, are you a good samaritan just trying to help or are you the suspect's friend trying to distract them? There is a lot of dynamic to a situation like that.
Many years ago I came across a particularly nasty head on accident.
In a very rural area.
The Cailfornia Highway patrol cop asked me to put out some flares,
I agreed, he told me how he wanted it done and handed me
a lot of them and pointed to his open trunk and said take more if I needed more.
He then went to do his cop stuff.
I put out flares according to his instruction.
As more cops, fire, and medical showed up I left.
I left with a lot of flares courtesy of the state of CA.
Pretty sure all people in the accident were dead.
cops let me through before they closed the road.
I guess times change.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2020, 09:43:02 PM »
Many years ago I came across a particularly nasty head on accident.
In a very rural area.
The Cailfornia Highway patrol cop asked me to put out some flares,
I agreed, he told me how he wanted it done and handed me
a lot of them and pointed to his open trunk and said take more if I needed more.
He then went to do his cop stuff.
I put out flares according to his instruction.
As more cops, fire, and medical showed up I left.
I left with a lot of flares courtesy of the state of CA.
Pretty sure all people in the accident were dead.
cops let me through before they closed the road.
I guess times change.

I think cops do need to be reminded to treat people well because many people may only ever interact with a cop once or twice in their life and if they get the cop with the bad attitude they won't know cops any different.

Heavies

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2020, 08:11:40 PM »
I think cops do need to be reminded to treat people well because many people may only ever interact with a cop once or twice in their life and if they get the cop with the bad attitude they won't know cops any different.

In my observation, police officers these days don't view themselves as citizens anymore.  Maybe has something to do with department political party nonsense?  When I was growing up, police seemed to have a more community trust and presence.  Now days, I don't see it at all, except for staged photo ops and fake political propaganda pieces.    I personally know some officers, and they are very good people, but the bigger picture and perception is otherwise.

I am in no way anti LE by any means, however, IMHO, the police forces needs to get away from the political leanings, obvious enforcement of these leanings, and the constant inconsistent application of the law, and get back to being servants and protectors of the community.  Not lapdogs of the politicians..     

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2020, 09:56:15 PM »
In my observation, police officers these days don't view themselves as citizens anymore.  Maybe has something to do with department political party nonsense?  When I was growing up, police seemed to have a more community trust and presence.  Now days, I don't see it at all, except for staged photo ops and fake political propaganda pieces. I personally know some officers, and they are very good people, but the bigger picture and perception is otherwise.

I am in no way anti LE by any means, however, IMHO, the police forces needs to get away from the political leanings, obvious enforcement of these leanings, and the constant inconsistent application of the law, and get back to being servants and protectors of the community.  Not lapdogs of the politicians..   

I think there are elements you see with certain types of groups. Take the military for example, they are citizens yet there is still a sort of us and them that can be seen between them and civilians. I think you see something like this in police and probably some other professions as well. The police chiefs seem to get political but in my dealings with cops, the regular beat officers don't seem very political in their work to me.

Perception is a hard animal to manage and social media is kind of changing it faster than ever before. Not sure how that may play into officer's demeanor itself.

tillamook

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2020, 12:17:58 PM »
Remember that guy that was wanted for murder or shooting in Kona last year?  He escaped the Kona cops in his Escalade.  He was identified later in a gas station in Hawi.   The cops showed up and proceeded to shoot at him missing both him and his Escalade as he drove away.   Down range of that gun fight was downtown Hawi and the gas station with customers still in it.  Luckily no one hit. 

He drove the wrong way on the belt road and headed to the waipio valley dead end.  He turned around and drove back towards the cops and evaded them again.

Then he lost control and crashed in Hawi and then evaded the police on foot and then gave him self up or got captured a few days later.

mean time we were ordered to shelter in place (without means of defense of course) while the police "dealt with it"

If you cant hit a stationary Escalade at 10-20 yards..........

But then again I doubt they pay enough to hire quality officers.   

Just the incorrect firearm information coming out of the firearm division is enough to know the quality of the department. 

RSN172

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2020, 12:47:09 PM »
It is a known fact that the police dept prefers to hire those of slightly below to very slightly above average intelligence.  If you score too high, like 120 IQ, you are not going to get hired.

changemyoil66

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2020, 12:56:46 PM »
It is a known fact that the police dept prefers to hire those of slightly below to very slightly above average intelligence.  If you score too high, like 120 IQ, you are not going to get hired.

^^^This because if they did have the ability to think, not 1 cop would enforce a red flag law and others like it against law abiding citizens.  They would also speak out againts their boss (the chief) for denying ALL CCW permits.  Don't even get me started on issuing of tickets and arrest to people exercising their 1a right.

Example: If an order is given to confiscate firearms, 1st question is "is the person a law abiding citizen".  2nd question would be "did they have their fair trial".  If 1st is yes and 2nd answer is no, then the cops would tell their supervisor no they cannot confiscate any firearms.

groveler

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2020, 03:46:40 PM »
^^^This because if they did have the ability to think, not 1 cop would enforce a red flag law and others like it against law abiding citizens.  They would also speak out againts their boss (the chief) for denying ALL CCW permits.  Don't even get me started on issuing of tickets and arrest to people exercising their 1a right.

Example: If an order is given to confiscate firearms, 1st question is "is the person a law abiding citizen".  2nd question would be "did they have their fair trial".  If 1st is yes and 2nd answer is no, then the cops would tell their supervisor no they cannot confiscate any firearms.
Something I learned
when taking Police science classes,
is the  terms
" I didn't see anything".
" I didn't understand, could you please repeat".
" I don't recall".

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2020, 08:57:46 PM »

Any actual evidence of this?

From people I know, Honolulu Police don't have applicants take an IQ test.

bass monkey

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2020, 10:59:13 PM »

Recent case,  a retired ranger,  now a LEO got fired days after telling his fellow colleges not to enforce unconstitutional covid19 laws