The Rapback legal action Thread (Read 140347 times)

MEENGIRL

Re: The Rapback legal action Thread
« Reply #260 on: June 21, 2018, 01:51:01 PM »
How is the lawsuit going? I haven't seen any updates of where in the process currently.

London808

« Reply #261 on: June 21, 2018, 08:30:36 PM »
Dear Chief Ballard

On June 7th 2018, I Applied for a permit to acquire a pistol at the Firearms department for the Honolulu Police Department located at 801 South Beretania street. Honolulu, HI 96813.  I returned on June 21st to pick up my permit and was notified that my permit would not be issued.

As I am not a prohibited person as defined by state or federal laws nor am I a prohibited person based on medical reasoning. I am writing to enquirer as to the grounds on which my permit was denied. As the sole person responsible for approving or denying permit applications I I look forward to your prompt response.

Sincerely,

Andrew Namiki Roberts
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

OpenCarryHawaii

« Reply #262 on: July 09, 2018, 07:08:43 PM »
It's been two weeks, no reply yet?
In God we trust.
Legalize the Constitution!

6716J

« Reply #263 on: November 06, 2018, 09:44:11 AM »
Dear Chief Ballard

On June 7th 2018, I Applied for a permit to acquire a pistol at the Firearms department for the Honolulu Police Department located at 801 South Beretania street. Honolulu, HI 96813.  I returned on June 21st to pick up my permit and was notified that my permit would not be issued.

As I am not a prohibited person as defined by state or federal laws nor am I a prohibited person based on medical reasoning. I am writing to enquirer as to the grounds on which my permit was denied. As the sole person responsible for approving or denying permit applications I I look forward to your prompt response.

Sincerely,

Andrew Namiki Roberts

Any responses yet?
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

London808

« Reply #264 on: November 06, 2018, 12:14:14 PM »
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

6716J

« Reply #265 on: November 06, 2018, 09:26:01 PM »
No
Well damn

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6716J

« Reply #266 on: September 27, 2019, 09:05:18 AM »
How is the lawsuit going? I haven't seen any updates of where in the process currently.

Any new progress on this? Inquiring minds want to know

PalisadesKid

« Reply #267 on: September 27, 2019, 09:12:41 AM »

zippz

« Reply #268 on: September 27, 2019, 10:16:52 AM »
The FBI has agreed to settle the FOIA request and will give us the emails between the State and FBI in segments over the next several months.  We'll have an update sometime next month.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

6716J

« Reply #269 on: December 09, 2019, 09:19:46 AM »
Has the fact that HCJDC only charges $30 for a background check but HPD still charging $43.25?
HRS 134-3 (e)  No fee shall be charged for the registration of a firearm under this section, except for a fee chargeable by and payable to the registering county for persons registering a firearm under subsection (a), in an amount equal to the fee charged by the Hawaii criminal justice data center pursuant to section 846-2.7.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawaii Criminal Justice Data Center
Attn: CHRC Unit
465 S. King Street, Room 102
Honolulu, HI 96813

Please include the name, date of birth, and social security number (optional) of the person you are interested in. There is a $30 fee (U.S. funds) for each record check processed by the CHRC Unit. Payment must be made by money order or cashier’s check and made payable to “State of Hawaii”. Results should be mailed to you within 7-10 days.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And still much mahalos for the work you do

6716J

« Reply #270 on: September 28, 2020, 03:51:57 PM »
The FBI has agreed to settle the FOIA request and will give us the emails between the State and FBI in segments over the next several months.  We'll have an update sometime next month.

Any movement at all on this?

zippz

« Reply #271 on: October 11, 2020, 03:50:10 PM »
Any movement at all on this?

Our Freedom of Information Act request from the FBI is still pending due to COVID.  The documents they gave us is 99% redacted, basically blank paper, which makes it useless, we're trying to get them to unredact it.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #272 on: October 11, 2020, 03:53:32 PM »
Our Freedom of Information Act request from the FBI is still pending due to COVID.  The documents they gave us is 99% redacted, basically blank paper, which makes it useless, we're trying to get them to unredact it.

You mean, the Freedom of Information Act doesn't actually require them to provide .... you know ... "Information?"

I'm shocked!!

Never is the government more concerned about "privacy" than when someone is asking about malfeasance.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

punaperson

« Reply #273 on: October 13, 2020, 08:17:13 PM »
Let me guess... the next batch, released in 3-6 months will be 98% redacted... then in another 3-6 months 97% redacted... the "hundred bottles of beer on the wall" Freedom of Information act according the the premier law enforcement in the United States.  :crazy: