Which expandable baton did you guys buy? And what size for everyday carry? (Read 1840 times)

glockfanboy808

Which expandable baton did you guys buy? And what size for everyday carry?

hvybarrels

Still haven't made it down to SEC to try them out.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

hvybarrels

“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

Flapp_Jackson

This one looks cheap. Wonder how long it would last

https://www.amazon.com/Jaxenor-Three%E2%80%91Section-Extendable-Folding-Poles/dp/B0C4HRQQZQ/ref=sr_1_48?crid=1Y5LBLII6Q6BW&keywords=telescopic+stick&qid=1687047987&sprefix=telescopic+stick%2Caps%2C226&sr=8-48

"High density plastic" isn't something I'd carry unless the diameter was at least 3/4" with some real weight on the business end (steel ball, etc.).

I have a walking stick that's 1" diameter plastic (polypropylene) with a heavy wooden knob on top that could do some real damage.

https://www.coldsteel.com/irish-blackthorn-walking-stick/
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

RSN172

Although I have had a 21 and 26 inch steel baton for years, I don’t carry it. Too heavy and not very concealable even when collapsed.

Flapp_Jackson

The ASP Agent Infinity Air-weight 30cm concealment baton has the push-cap retraction feature.

It only weighs 6.4 oz.

30cm = 11.8 inches, so that's a potential issue.

40cm is 7.3 oz and the 50cm is 8.3 oz.

Those would be 15.7 and 19.7 inches long respectively.

https://www.asp-usa.com/collections/agent/products/agent-concealable-baton-30?variant=39893584644

« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 03:23:14 PM by Flapp_Jackson »
-- Melvin Udall

glockfanboy808

Deciding between friction lock or button lock up. Friction lock is simple, but button lock up is definitely more convenient, but more chance of mechanical failure?

Flapp_Jackson

Deciding between friction lock or button lock up. Friction lock is simple, but button lock up is definitely more convenient, but more chance of mechanical failure?

i think the Talon types would be my preference.  Easier to deploy and retract means less chance you don't do something right in a tight spot.

JMO

-- Melvin Udall

glockfanboy808

The nex Walker batons seem durable as well

changemyoil66

DCT supports the cause and just sold out on their last one. I rather spend my $ at a store that supports the cause.

But im sure SEC has plenty in stock.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

glockfanboy808

DCT supports the cause and just sold out on their last one. I rather spend my $ at a store that supports the cause.

Which brands did he carry?

macsak

changemyoil66

Which brands did he carry?
Idk

hvybarrels

I keep forgetting that place exists

RSN172

I keep forgetting that place exists
Biggest problem, like almost all the gun stores on Oahu, lack of parking.

eyeeatingfish

I am not sure I would EDC a baton. It is simple to use but also kind of heavy and I have heard of them even bending before. I mean I wouldn't want to be hit by one but it wouldn't be my go to. Limited effectiveness once an attacker grabs onto you and it goes to the ground

Those pocket whips on the other hand... those are no joke!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 01:01:16 AM by eyeeatingfish »

n1lok29gr

Wife has the ASP T50 cm air weight push button and seems to like it.  I have the ASP T60 cm air weight push button and carry in my Kitanica shorts back pocket.  Sticks up just enough to grab quickly and conceals under a shirt with no problem.  Do not get the gen 1 grip cap (rounded edge), I purchased two and both were defective.  Get the gen 2 (angled sides) if you do add this tail cap.