Making Orwell proud (Read 6517 times)

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Making Orwell proud
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2021, 08:50:18 PM »
Revelation 13:16-17
King James Version
16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

That's just a myth written by people well over a century or two ago. 

Pure coincidence that it's coming to fruition.   :popcorn:

[/sarcasm]
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2021, 09:00:02 PM »
Until you are...

The FBI's  Carnivore, as well as the follow-on systems, have no problem grabbing and storing massive amounts of information on a target.  In fact, one of the problems people raised about it is that fact they were gathering "metadata" on people without search warrants.  Once a warrant was obtained, they had a boatload of communications ALREADY GATHERED and ready to be analyzed and filtered. 

It's like sending a robot into your house to record voices and take pictures.  As long as humans aren't browsing the conversations and pictures, it's okay.  Once they have grounds for a search warrant, they now don't need to worry that they are collecting only data after that point.  They can now go get the recordings and pics already gathered and see if there's any evidence against you. 

And, of course the FBI would never use that information against anyone without a proper warrant, would they?  (Let's talk the FISA warrants against Carter Paige).
-- Melvin Udall

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2021, 09:33:08 PM »
The FBI's  Carnivore, as well as the follow-on systems, have no problem grabbing and storing massive amounts of information on a target.  In fact, one of the problems people raised about it is that fact they were gathering "metadata" on people without search warrants.  Once a warrant was obtained, they had a boatload of communications ALREADY GATHERED and ready to be analyzed and filtered. 

It's like sending a robot into your house to record voices and take pictures.  As long as humans aren't browsing the conversations and pictures, it's okay.  Once they have grounds for a search warrant, they now don't need to worry that they are collecting only data after that point.  They can now go get the recordings and pics already gathered and see if there's any evidence against you. 

And, of course the FBI would never use that information against anyone without a proper warrant, would they?  (Let's talk the FISA warrants against Carter Paige).

I think people don't realize how small metadata is. They may think that the government can't listen to every phone call or record every phone call and they are right, but they don't need to. Simple text data like date, time, GPD coordinates, calls made, length of call, smart device advertiser number, ip address, etc etc are all small enough to easily gather and store it for everyone man woman and child in America.

Then once you fall our of grace and the focus is on you they already have boatloads.

Inspector

« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2021, 01:23:39 AM »

This sounds suspiciously like what Amazon is doing with Alexa. Sure you can request from Amazon the data Alexa is collecting on you. Just don’t be surprised what they are capturing and keeping. And of course the FBI knows where this data is stored as well.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2021, 11:51:16 AM »
This sounds suspiciously like what Amazon is doing with Alexa. Sure you can request from Amazon the data Alexa is collecting on you. Just don’t be surprised what they are capturing and keeping. And of course the FBI knows where this data is stored as well.

Very true. I am less concerned when a private business does it but if the government knows the business does it then they are only a search warrant away from getting it.

Amazon takes the audio and converts it to text and stores it. IIRC they say they only record what happens about 30 seconds after someone say "Alexa". I refuse to get any of those smart listening devices.

omnigun

« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2021, 11:57:15 AM »
Revelation 13:16-17
King James Version
16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

What does this even mean or relevance. 

omnigun

« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2021, 11:59:46 AM »
It is already going on in china via "social credit scores"  look it up.

Never underestimate what tyrannical government may or may not do.

True,  but our government isn't that.   We should work in reality with realistic fears and issues.

And Chinas social scores is definitely far from perfect.  They are not monitoring every single person.  They are also not "chipping" everyone. 

omnigun

« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2021, 12:04:58 PM »
Until you are...

Nothing can stop them or anyone with enough interest.  This applies to almost anything realistically.  Hackers, Murders, etc.  You can't stop your friends from having phones, streets from having cameras.  Look at how long and full of holes kyle rittenhouse trial is and everyone had phones and cameras....

Privacy is important but we have to be realistic in our thoughts.  What your level of life comfort is.   Even if you got rid of all electronics and lived in the middle of nowhere with no humans in 100 miles.  Its still not private.  With enough effort satellites,  drones and other spy equipment can still breach your privacy. 

Do what makes you feel comfortable,  encrypt everything,  put tape on webcams,  VPN,  dumbphones.  Whatever floats your boat.  But to think you will ever be truely private is a fantasy.

ren

« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2021, 12:13:20 PM »
Revelation 20:4
Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

Deeds Not Words

changemyoil66

« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2021, 01:58:25 PM »
Very true. I am less concerned when a private business does it but if the government knows the business does it then they are only a search warrant away from getting it.

Amazon takes the audio and converts it to text and stores it. IIRC they say they only record what happens about 30 seconds after someone say "Alexa". I refuse to get any of those smart listening devices.
Watch Snowden (film).

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

omnigun

« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2021, 02:27:12 PM »
Revelation 20:4
Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

Sounds like crazy talk.  Blind worship and unrealistic possibilities.  Not sure how related to this topic.

Heavies

« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2021, 02:32:02 PM »
Sounds like crazy talk.

Is anyone saying that you need to join a religion? Someone forcing you? Did these posts somehow offend you, even though no one even mentioned you?   

Saying things others believe is “crazy talk” is pretty rude.

Even if you choose not to believe in God or any other form of religion, I myself, don’t judge. You know why?  Because I have manners and respect.

You should pick some of that kind of thing up. It will help you in life.

omnigun

« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2021, 02:37:51 PM »
Is anyone saying that you need to join a religion? Someone forcing you? Did these posts somehow offend you, even though no one even mentioned you?   

Even if you choose not to believe in God or any other form of religion, I myself, don’t judge. You know why?  Because I have manners and respect.

It was more about trying to figure out how its related to the current thread.  The words themselves don't really make sense.  In the context of this thread and in general.  I am not saying that person shouldn't believe in whatever he wants but if he posts something like that on a public thread people may comment on the content.  Same would be said if I or someone posted a biden or hitler quote.

People tend to judge regardless,  there is quite a bit of judgement about "liberals" or biden here.  I personally don't think religion is a protected class.  Nothing is.  That's one of the founding principles behind the 1st amendment. Especially when this forum is about conversations and commenting on someone's post. 
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 02:44:11 PM by omnigun »

drck1000

« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2021, 02:41:08 PM »

:thumbsup:

Easy to be brash when behind a keyboard.  There are generations out there that don't know what it's like to lip off and have to face consequences for that. 

omnigun

« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2021, 02:43:35 PM »
:thumbsup:

Easy to be brash when behind a keyboard.  There are generations out there that don't know what it's like to lip off and have to face consequences for that.

I've been the same in real life too.   I voice my opinion when warranted including calling out scientific issues with religion.  And many topics including gun issues.  And even liberal ideas.  There have been pluses and minuses for such.   

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2021, 02:59:19 PM »

It was more about trying to figure out how its related to the current thread.  The words themselves don't really make sense. 

There's no logic in calling something "crazy talk," before claiming it was merely an attempt to figure out what it means.  That's total BS.

Calling it "crazy talk" is an opinion -- a judgmental insult.  If one doesn't know what it means, why would one post an opinion of it rather than ask for clarification first?

The post was an insult, pure and simple, because it's based on scripture.

I must have missed the part where that respondent asked, "Please explain how that quote from the Bible is related to the topic."
-- Melvin Udall

Inspector

« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2021, 03:04:18 PM »

Personally I think it shows a total lack of respect. But that is just my opinion. This is not the first time nor will it probably be the last that he shows a lack of respect toward the religious folks here. It is well documented how he treats those who believe in God. JMHO
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

omnigun

« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2021, 03:04:46 PM »
There's no logic in calling something "crazy talk," before claiming it was merely an attempt to figure out what it means.  That's total BS.

Calling it "crazy talk" is an opinion -- a judgmental insult.  If one doesn't know what it means, why would one post an opinion of it rather than ask for clarification first?

The post was an insult, pure and simple, because it's based on scripture.

I must have missed the part where that respondent asked, "Please explain how that quote from the Bible is related to the topic."

It's on the same page

What does this even mean or relevance.

And yes I call out religion.  Just like many here call out other topics.  It's not unique.  Imagine if someone started to post other decisive topics like pro Biden or anti gun.   

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2021, 03:09:22 PM »
More BS.

Sounds like crazy talk.  Blind worship and unrealistic possibilities.  Not sure how related to this topic.
                      ^^^                                                      ^^^                                                                      ^^^
            Insult / opinion                                More opinion & insults                                              Not a question
-- Melvin Udall

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2021, 04:08:50 PM »
Nothing can stop them or anyone with enough interest.  This applies to almost anything realistically.  Hackers, Murders, etc.  You can't stop your friends from having phones, streets from having cameras.  Look at how long and full of holes kyle rittenhouse trial is and everyone had phones and cameras....

Privacy is important but we have to be realistic in our thoughts.  What your level of life comfort is.   Even if you got rid of all electronics and lived in the middle of nowhere with no humans in 100 miles.  Its still not private.  With enough effort satellites,  drones and other spy equipment can still breach your privacy. 

Do what makes you feel comfortable,  encrypt everything,  put tape on webcams,  VPN,  dumbphones.  Whatever floats your boat.  But to think you will ever be truely private is a fantasy.

You can make the government work for the information instead of putting devices capable of monitoring you in your pocket and home. I don't have an Alexa or any of those types of devices in my house for a reason. (I never do anything illegal)