Third Trial of Christopher Deedy Will Not Take Place (Read 1410 times)

DocMercy

Third Trial of Christopher Deedy Will Not Take Place
« on: November 15, 2021, 05:48:54 PM »
After a decade, the Honolulu prosecutor has finally decided to call it quits on the self-defense trial of federal agent, Christopher Deedy.

https://www.khon2.com/local-news/prosecutor-expected-to-make-announcement-about-3rd-christopher-deedy-trial/

First trial ended in a hung jury, the second trial found Deedy not guilty of murder, but hung on lesser charges. A Federal judge may have convinced prosecutor Steve Alm to not push it further, forcing him to stop gnawing on Deedy's leg. Imagine if one of us had to exercise our right to self-defense? The court system would crush us, and impoverish us of our life savings.

RSN172

Re: Third Trial of Christopher Deedy Will Not Take Place
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2021, 06:03:51 PM »
After a decade, the Honolulu prosecutor has finally decided to call it quits on the self-defense trial of federal agent, Christopher Deedy.

https://www.khon2.com/local-news/prosecutor-expected-to-make-announcement-about-3rd-christopher-deedy-trial/

First trial ended in a hung jury, the second trial found Deedy not guilty of murder, but hung on lesser charges. A Federal judge may have convinced prosecutor Steve Alm to not push it further, forcing him to stop gnawing on Deedy's leg. Imagine if one of us had to exercise our right to self-defense? The court system would crush us, and impoverish us of our life savings.
Not if you have USCCA insurance.  They recently changed their $ limit for legal defense to no limit. Previously it was anywhere from $250k to $1m depending on what level of coverage you bought.  Now all levels are no limit for legal defense.

macsak

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2021, 06:59:15 PM »

DocMercy

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2021, 07:54:45 AM »
Not if you have USCCA insurance.  They recently changed their $ limit for legal defense to no limit. Previously it was anywhere from $250k to $1m depending on what level of coverage you bought.  Now all levels are no limit for legal defense.

USCCA is probably great insurance if you maintain it for life. Quitting does not seem to be easy, according to BBB.

https://www.bbb.org/us/wi/west-bend/profile/gun-safety/us-concealed-carry-association-0694-1000008667/complaints
08/10/2021
Company has continued to take money out of my checking account via debit card. Even after getting a new debit card account and Cancelling my subscription they still managed to retrieve $698.10 I have notified my bank immediately and to my prevail the transaction was to late to retrieve. My question is this, how does a company manage to find out pertinent information on a brand new debit card that was NOT provided to them? I asked their customer service three times during the conversation and I received NO answer and no real solution other than a lesser membership fee, totally ignorant to the problem that I was having.

Does anyone know of a self-defense case in the state of Hawaii where the defendant relied on USCCA and successfully won the case?

RSN172

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2021, 09:05:52 AM »
Seems like all the complaints, less than 20 in the past 3 years were settled satisfactorily. I bought mine because I carry on the mainland.  As far as USCCA defending someone in Hawaii, no need because you are not allowed to defend yourself here.

changemyoil66

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2021, 09:43:51 AM »
USCCA is probably great insurance if you maintain it for life. Quitting does not seem to be easy, according to BBB.

https://www.bbb.org/us/wi/west-bend/profile/gun-safety/us-concealed-carry-association-0694-1000008667/complaints

I would say take this with a grain of salt.  24 Hour Fitness has been known to do this all the time. And Comcast.

changemyoil66

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2021, 09:45:31 AM »
I will have to re-read my USCCA policy. Last time I checked about 3 years ago, it only covered use of firearms. Compared to the Carry Guard at the time, which covered anything used for self defense. So u pick up a stapler or hammer, with Carry Guard, g2g.

The relevance is because tasers will be legal come Jan 1st and I want to know if it's covered. I did get the email about the defense sub limit being changed.

DocMercy

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2021, 09:58:31 AM »
As far as USCCA defending someone in Hawaii, no need because you are not allowed to defend yourself here.

In the pdf file where Delta Defense describes what their policy covers, there do not seem to be exclusions for self-defense in the home, where you, as the homeowner, are defending yourself or family members from the possibility of grave bodily harm from the invader. No CCW permit is required to activate this coverage.

https://www.deltadefense.com/public/self-defense-liability-policy.pdf

Outside of the home, you may be put into a situation where you are attacked in a place where you happen to be legally holding a loaded weapon, i.e., shooting range or public hunting area. Please consult an attorney to determine the extent of your rights.

Everyone should read page 5 of the insurance policy, as it has exclusions for awards a "victim" may win in a civil court should you be found guilty as the shooter, even if you were found not guilty in a criminal court.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2021, 01:22:53 PM »
I will have to re-read my USCCA policy. Last time I checked about 3 years ago, it only covered use of firearms. Compared to the Carry Guard at the time, which covered anything used for self defense. So u pick up a stapler or hammer, with Carry Guard, g2g.

The relevance is because tasers will be legal come Jan 1st and I want to know if it's covered. I did get the email about the defense sub limit being changed.

I think you have that reversed.  I had Carry Guard until they wouldn't renew my policy.  They only covered DUG (Defensive Use of Gun) cases.  Since then, they changed and now cover any weapon used for self defense.  AFAIK, USCCA was covering "any weapon" the whole time.

This is from the USCCA website.  The 3 columns are their Gold, Platinum and Elite plans (L to R -- Least cost to Highest cost).

https://www.deltadefense.com/offers/6182a255c3c68/join-the-uscca-today?tID=617c4a0b558d9&utm_source=eim&utm_medium=ds+vanity+link+firearm+review&utm_campaign=pew+pew+media&utm_content=membership&utm_purpose=direct+sales
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2021, 01:50:06 PM »
Thanks for the correction.