RUGER LCP MAX .380 ACP 13-SHOOTER PISTOL (Read 601 times)

Inspector

RUGER LCP MAX .380 ACP 13-SHOOTER PISTOL
« on: November 18, 2021, 03:49:35 AM »
RUGER LCP MAX .380 ACP 13-SHOOTER PISTOL

https://americanhandgunner.com/discover/ruger-lcp-max-380-acp-13-shooter-pistol/

I bought one of these a couple of months ago. And let me tell you it is a great shooter. And pocket carry is so comfortable that I forget I have it with me most of the time. It prints so little in ones pocket. And when it does you cannot tell it is a firearm. It looks like a wallet or a phone. It comes with a generic nylon holster that fits it well. I’ll be doing a write up on this in my Holster Experience thread probably next month.

I highly recommend this pistol for deep pocket carry and as a backup to a larger EDC pistol.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

Neesh

Re: RUGER LCP MAX .380 ACP 13-SHOOTER PISTOL
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2021, 07:25:24 PM »
Interested

DocMercy

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2021, 01:56:58 PM »
Inspector, how would you rate this in terms of recoil and slide pull force? For my wife, I tried finding a woman's review of the gun, as these two considerations rank higher than gun lethality.

macsak

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 02:06:18 PM »
Inspector, how would you rate this in terms of recoil and slide pull force? For my wife, I tried finding a woman's review of the gun, as these two considerations rank higher than gun lethality.

there is no such thing as "gun lethality"...

Inspector

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2021, 02:46:52 PM »
Let’s take recoil first. There is very little recoil with this pistol. However, there is a lot of muzzle flip. With that said the gun is very small and light. So even with the muzzle flip it is very easy and quick to get back onto the target. For me it is so quick I can literally pull the trigger almost as fast as I can with good controllability. When I practice with it at my home range I practice with the target 7’-9’ and I dump the entire 13 rounds into it as fast as possible. It is pretty easy to keep all 13 rounds (12+1) in the head of a person silhouette target. I brought it with me on my trip to CA and I let my brother and nephew both shoot it. They pretty much said the same thing. These are inexperienced shooters. BTW we were not allowed to fire any faster than a round a second in CA. Plus I had to bring the 10 round mag that comes with the gun due to CA restrictions. But they were amazed at how quickly they could get back on target for a follow-up shot.

Now for the slide pull. I have arthritis and I am finding it harder and harder to rack the slides on some of my guns. But this gun is comparatively easy to a standard 9mm pistol. But, there’s more! There is a really clever feature on the slide of this gun. At the back of the slide there are two slight projections (one on each side) at the rear of the slide. This makes it so much easier to grip the slide for me.

I also added a hogue rubber sleeve from a Sig P365 on it because I have large hands and it helps fill up my hands.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!