Action Shooting Range Time (Read 3957 times)

Spongeworthy

Action Shooting Range Time
« on: November 19, 2021, 07:20:20 PM »
Aloha!

Just got hooked on action shooting. Shot my first match on Nov. 6. Been doing hours and hours of dry fire, but I need to get some range time. Can someone recommend someplace I can draw from a holster and rapid-fire?
Just received my Dillon press, all I need are some small pistol primers. Any advice?

Mahalo

macsak

Re: Action Shooting Range Time
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2021, 07:28:20 PM »
Aloha!

Just got hooked on action shooting. Shot my first match on Nov. 6. Been doing hours and hours of dry fire, but I need to get some range time. Can someone recommend someplace I can draw from a holster and rapid-fire?
Just received my Dillon press, all I need are some small pistol primers. Any advice?

Mahalo

https://2ahawaii.com/index.php?topic=43541.0
note- safety briefs are at 8 am and 9 am ONLY
you need to attend a brief to enter the bay for open shoot
rapid fire allowed as long as you are aiming
holster draw allowed as long as you are checked out by staff if you are new (no serpa or iwb or shoulder holsters)
only uncase and case at the line when instructed- do not walk up to the sign up table with a holstered firearm, you may not like the response...

you can pm me if you have any further questions...

macsak

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2021, 07:29:23 PM »
https://2ahawaii.com/index.php?topic=43541.0
note- safety briefs are at 8 am and 9 am ONLY
you need to attend a brief to enter the bay for open shoot
rapid fire allowed as long as you are aiming
holster draw allowed as long as you are checked out by staff if you are new (no serpa or iwb or shoulder holsters)
only uncase and case at the line when instructed- do not walk up to the sign up table with a holstered firearm, you may not like the response...

you can pm me if you have any further questions...

oh, and no movement is allowed

for SPP, good luck
hope you have good friends or are lucky
you can get on a waiting list at SEC

zippz

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2021, 07:41:22 PM »
808 Gun Club range
Xring range
Schofield Rod & Gun Club CR range days(military)
MCBH Kaneohe open shoot thursday (military)
HDF Open shoot
LIFE/HRA Open shoot
Hawaii Tactical Division open shoot

https://hifico.org/events/
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

DocMercy

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2021, 03:14:22 PM »
I have a follow-up question for the outdoor ranges. Does an individual need to bring their own target stands? I know that if you can befriend another person at the HDF open shoot, they may allow you to shoot at their target sheets, provided you supply your own ammo & weapon, and pay the entry fee.
Now, if your charisma is off the charts, you might even be given the opportunity to fire a gun you do not currently own.
:stopjack:

macsak

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2021, 04:32:22 PM »
www.khsc.info has the dimensions for the rifle and handgun range frames
many of us just use 1x2 wood and staple cardboard or use clamps to attach

at HDF we have stands and some 1x2 and cardboard, but we appreciate if you have cardboard or 1x2s
you can stick up the sticky kine targets or staple/spray glue targets you print on printer paper
you can find free targets on google
no humanoid or other living creature type targets, please

I have a follow-up question for the outdoor ranges. Does an individual need to bring their own target stands? I know that if you can befriend another person at the HDF open shoot, they may allow you to shoot at their target sheets, provided you supply your own ammo & weapon, and pay the entry fee.
Now, if your charisma is off the charts, you might even be given the opportunity to fire a gun you do not currently own.

DocMercy

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2021, 11:10:32 AM »
no humanoid or other living creature type targets, please

You mean I cannot use a picture of a cockroach covered by bullseye circles?

CLM - Cockroach Lives Matter  >:D

changemyoil66

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2021, 10:32:05 AM »
You mean I cannot use a picture of a cockroach covered by bullseye circles?

CLM - Cockroach Lives Matter  >:D

No need go range for this one, just tape to your wall at home and practice throwing the rubbah slippah at it.

macsak

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2021, 02:06:54 PM »

WTF?Shane

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2021, 04:49:14 PM »

drck1000

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2021, 09:02:46 PM »

QUIETShooter

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2021, 09:33:14 PM »
tear off the head(s)

One day at rifle side there was this guy (looks military) that brought his target frame and it had a figure of a Taliban fighter or similar on it.

The RSO told him he cannot use that target.  The guy was confused, not sure why and meanwhile some well-meaning shooters were offering him their bulls-eye targets to use.

So the shooters were offering the bulls-eye targets while the RSO is saying he cannot use his target while he is confused because he thinks it's something like his frame dimensions were wrong not knowing it was the target itself.

Pretty hilarious as I watched it unfold. :rofl:

Then the Head RSO came and said "Tear off the head".  And that's what he did and all was well in the world.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

drck1000

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2021, 09:35:29 PM »
One day at rifle side there was this guy (looks military) that brought his target frame and it had a figure of a Taliban fighter or similar on it.

The RSO told him he cannot use that target.  The guy was confused, not sure why and meanwhile some well-meaning shooters were offering him their bulls-eye targets to use.

So the shooters were offering the bulls-eye targets while the RSO is saying he cannot use his target while he is confused because he thinks it's something like his frame dimensions were wrong not knowing it was the target itself.

Pretty hilarious as I watched it unfold. :rofl:

Then the Head RSO came and said "Tear off the head".  And that's what he did and all was well in the world.
#noheads

aieahound

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2022, 03:50:59 PM »
That was some seamless comic transitions.
Bravo.  :rofl:

ren

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2022, 10:37:06 PM »
Deeds Not Words

DocMercy

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2022, 07:32:20 AM »

Me tinks a robot head could be substituted if it did not look humanoid. Maybe R2D2 or something similar. Gotta look a little different so Disney doesn't sue you.