last Glock I'd ever sell (Read 4118 times)

stangzilla

last Glock I'd ever sell
« on: November 24, 2021, 12:31:30 PM »
Glock makes all other semiauto pistols obsolete...... except 1911's  ;)

changemyoil66

Re: last Glock I'd ever sell
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 12:38:27 PM »
When I was looking for a 45acp pistol, the Glock21 did hit all the requirements on paper, the main one it didn't do much was the 10rd mag limit due to our law.  But in the end, choose a 1911 for the feel, nostalgia, and wanting something different (non-striker fire).

It beat other 45 ACP's out of the water. The HK45 was too much like the VP9, the MK23 too expensive, feel of the USP felt awkward. I hate the way FN pistols feel.

Got a Glock K-bar at least.

ren

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2021, 04:28:03 PM »
I welcome all colors of firearms and not anti-Glock, pro 1911
I roll my eyes when these shooters refer to the 2nd stage as a "wall" just like when people refer to bullets as "heads: :crazy:.....
Deeds Not Words

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2021, 06:03:24 PM »
IMO, never factor in the state's mag limit when choosing a pistol.  All makers I've dealt with manufacture 10rd factory mags for states like CA and HI.  No need to pay for blocking if they are in stock.

If the pistol is what you want, it shoots well, is reliable, and within your means, don't leave the final decision up to number of rounds.

Some pistols hold 10 rds standard, some more, and some less.  If you think it's a priority, buy extra mags and keep them close to the pistol for reloads.

I think the more rounds, the better, in most cases.  But, none of the more popular guns will be more than 1-2 rds fewer than 10, and none will be more than 10 unless you travel out of state with "kits".

YMMV.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

macsak

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2021, 08:44:31 PM »
I roll my eyes when these shooters refer to the 2nd stage as a "wall" just like when people refer to bullets as "heads: :crazy:.....

clips

changemyoil66

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2021, 10:19:31 PM »
Did u see the new tiktok. Guys show themselves loading a full mag into a pistol and release slide. Then point it at their boto and pull trigger only to hit the wall.

Many are gucci guns too. RDS, serations, etc...Had 1 1911 do it.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

changemyoil66

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2021, 10:20:10 PM »
IMO, never factor in the state's mag limit when choosing a pistol.  All makers I've dealt with manufacture 10rd factory mags for states like CA and HI.  No need to pay for blocking if they are in stock.

If the pistol is what you want, it shoots well, is reliable, and within your means, don't leave the final decision up to number of rounds.

Some pistols hold 10 rds standard, some more, and some less.  If you think it's a priority, buy extra mags and keep them close to the pistol for reloads.

I think the more rounds, the better, in most cases.  But, none of the more popular guns will be more than 1-2 rds fewer than 10, and none will be more than 10 unless you travel out of state with "kits".

YMMV.
Enter belt fed pistol market.

stangzilla

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2021, 06:17:31 AM »
Last Glock I would sell is my G19 bc it's the only Glock I have  ;)
If I were to get another Glock it would be the 43x bc it's slim, shorter barrel, holds 10 rds of 9mm. Would be better to conceal than the 19
If I were to get a third Glock it would be the G20 bc it's 10mm

aletheuo137

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2021, 08:40:43 AM »
If I were to get another Glock it would be the 43x bc it's slim, shorter barrel, holds 10 rds of 9mm. Would be better to conceal than the 19
Mac doesn't own any Glocks!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

ren

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2021, 08:50:11 AM »
Did u see the new tiktok. Guys show themselves loading a full mag into a pistol and release slide. Then point it at their boto and pull trigger only to hit the wall.

"Wall" sayers are LAPRs....
Deeds Not Words

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2021, 12:12:47 PM »

I tried for several minutes to figure out how this relates to the topic.

O0
-- Melvin Udall

aletheuo137

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2021, 12:50:36 PM »

O0
Last Glock he would sell or shoot off?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2021, 01:01:57 PM »
Last Glock he would sell or shoot off?

So, we've advanced from "Rock out with your Glock out," to

"Get your rocks off -- shoot your c--k off?"

:crazy:

I was more curious how he wound up looking at guy's d--ks at all -- not that there's anything wrong with that!   :rofl:
-- Melvin Udall

aletheuo137

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2021, 03:55:28 PM »
So, we've advanced from "Rock out with your Glock out," to

"Get your rocks off -- shoot your c--k off?"

:crazy:

I was more curious how he wound up looking at guy's d--ks at all -- not that there's anything wrong with that!   :rofl:
Wandering that myself, just guessing at this point!

DocMercy

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2021, 10:59:08 AM »

As Hickok45 states, "I'm no smarter than anyone else", which to me means that unless Chuck Schumer is knocking on your door asking you to get rid of your Glocks, tell him that you are not going to get rid of anything that has a useful application. A 10mm handgun can be used for hunting, so it stays. They're also hard to find in HI, so that is the second reason I would keep a Glock 40. The Glock 19 is the first handgun I ever purchased, which means it serves as a training and maintenance pistol. Until we start to accumulate over a dozen handguns (of any make), there is no good reason to thin any collection.
Now, Hickok45 is an aberration among gun owners, since he has over a dozen shotguns, none of which is a Beretta 1301 (tactical or competition). His video on the last shotgun he'd ever sell is incomplete for that reason. So is the mostly metric Glock video, as he left out some classic Glocks.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2021, 01:23:06 PM »
His video on the last shotgun he'd ever sell is incomplete for that reason. So is the mostly metric Glock video, as he left out some classic Glocks.

If I recall, the video started out with something like:  These are not all the Glocks I have.  These are the ones that made the final cut.

I know he's a total Glock admirer, so I can only imagine how many more were excluded in order to make the video a reasonable length.

I think when it comes to Glocks, they all have similar ergonomics and shooting characteristics.  It would be just as useful to divide them by caliber, size and ammo capacity, then make your choice based on prioritizing those categories.
-- Melvin Udall

stangzilla

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2021, 02:03:55 PM »
And can also shoot 40cal out of the 10mm Glocks
And 357 sig too

Some say better to change to 40 barrel

changemyoil66

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2021, 03:02:25 PM »

O0
He posted about the "wall". Hes refering to the take up on the trigger right?

Which ia why i brought up the tik tok vids of what people are doing.

drck1000

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2021, 11:57:09 AM »
I'm not attached to any of my guns, even though I am one who appreciates many of the pros of Glocks.  Not quite HK fanboi level, but I would say I am a fan of Glocks.  I envision holding onto the Glocks I currently own until they get so beat up that they stop functioning properly/reliably, but I don't think I'll get there in my lifetime. 

If I were to get another Glock, I would get a full size version in 40 and 45.  Due to the current ammo situation, don't see that happening any time soon.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2021, 01:46:25 PM »
I'm not attached to any of my guns, even though I am one who appreciates many of the pros of Glocks.  Not quite HK fanboi level, but I would say I am a fan of Glocks.  I envision holding onto the Glocks I currently own until they get so beat up that they stop functioning properly/reliably, but I don't think I'll get there in my lifetime. 

If I were to get another Glock, I would get a full size version in 40 and 45.  Due to the current ammo situation, don't see that happening any time soon.

I bought Glocks because they were (1) popular, (2) affordable, and (3) reliable.

After trying to change my grip style to accommodate Glocks, I decided to stick with Sig Sauer.  Their style accommodates my grip better.

I did find that using the included back straps for my Glocks made a world of difference.  They helped move the large joint of my trigger finger more toward the rear of the trigger guard, which corrected my problem of pushing the Glocks to the left when I fired.

Can't say enough about ergonomics.  You want a gun to be a part of your hand, not something you have to position perfectly to be accurate.

Some want a 1911 grip and angle, others prefer something else.  In the end, it's all up to what feels right to you.
-- Melvin Udall