last Glock I'd ever sell (Read 4113 times)

drck1000

Re: last Glock I'd ever sell
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2021, 09:29:35 AM »
SNIP

Some want a 1911 grip and angle, others prefer something else.  In the end, it's all up to what feels right to you.
Yeah, overall what works best for the individual is what (at least I hope) drives choices.  That said, I've seen so many instances where folks shoot Gun A or Caliber B super well, but just have a mental block of "I just prefer the looks of Gun B" or "I just like fotay caliber because I like da snappy recoil". 

That said, there's a certain level of confidence in one's equipment that is very important.  The mental aspect is very important for shooting.  That said, it's still a mechanical device where the biggest variable is not the gun itself.  At least IMO. 

changemyoil66

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2021, 10:15:15 AM »
Yeah, overall what works best for the individual is what (at least I hope) drives choices.  That said, I've seen so many instances where folks shoot Gun A or Caliber B super well, but just have a mental block of "I just prefer the looks of Gun B" or "I just like fotay caliber because I like da snappy recoil". 

That said, there's a certain level of confidence in one's equipment that is very important.  The mental aspect is very important for shooting.  That said, it's still a mechanical device where the biggest variable is not the gun itself.  At least IMO.

I had the same issue when I used to shoot at indoor range all the time, that was until I found out about the HDF open shoots/skill builders. I was way better indoors than when shooting outdoors.  I was told the saying "home field advantage".  So 100% mental.

drck1000

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2021, 10:36:43 AM »
I had the same issue when I used to shoot at indoor range all the time, that was until I found out about the HDF open shoots/skill builders. I was way better indoors than when shooting outdoors.  I was told the saying "home field advantage".  So 100% mental.
No folks with Tourette's watching and putting pressure on you. . . still 100% mental. . .  :crazy:  :rofl:

changemyoil66

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2021, 12:25:44 PM »
No folks with Tourette's watching and putting pressure on you. . . still 100% mental. . .  :crazy:  :rofl:

Worst, he narc's on you when you're cheating.  If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.   :rofl:

drck1000

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2021, 12:48:46 PM »
Worst, he narc's on you when you're cheating.  If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.   :rofl:
;D

No cheating in a fight.  Fight like a man?  Fight like a man who wants to live at all costs. . .

But seriously, if you're cheating just to win a prize for the day, and you get caught, then good for you. . .  :rofl:

aletheuo137

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2021, 12:58:18 PM »
;D

No cheating in a fight.  Fight like a man?  Fight like a man who wants to live at all costs. . .

But seriously, if you're cheating just to win a prize for the day, and you get caught, then good for you. . .  :rofl:
Fight Like a Man!!!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Inspector

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2021, 09:22:49 AM »
I only own one Glock. Bought it in 1992. While I like mine and shoot it quite well, it is far from my favorite gun. I will never sell mine because I have a lot of confidence in it and in my abilities with it. For that reason alone I am attached to it.

As great a relationship I have with my Glock, I will probably never buy another. The newer Glocks don’t seem to fit my hand as well as my Gen 2. In order to make my Glock work well for me I have modified almost every aspect of it one way or another. It is now older technology that is too large and too heavy for my current needs.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

aieahound

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2021, 01:23:33 PM »
Glock 17. Gen 2.
Gifting it to my daughter when she passes hunter ed or handgun safety.
She already safely handles a gun.
I don’t really like it. She shoots it like an ace.
Yup. Different strokes I guess.

changemyoil66

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2021, 01:36:01 PM »
Glock 17. Gen 2.
Gifting it to my daughter when she passes hunter ed or handgun safety.
She already safely handles a gun.
I don’t really like it. She shoots it like an ace.
Yup. Different strokes I guess.

Hope she doesn't ruin it an Gucci it out.  Not a Gen1, but still holds some nostalgia.

drck1000

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2021, 03:42:32 PM »
Hope she doesn't ruin it an Gucci it out.  Not a Gen1, but still holds some nostalgia.
That feels like a personal attack. . .  :(

:rofl: