get a Taser on January 2022 (Read 1244 times)

ren

Deeds Not Words

garandtumb

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2021, 09:35:19 AM »
« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 11:35:46 AM by garandtumb »

Flapp_Jackson

Re: get a Taser on January 2022
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2021, 01:50:43 PM »
Is there a taser that shoots 3 times?

It's called the X3 -- go figure!   :rofl:

TASER Unveils Advanced Multi-Shot Stun Gun

https://www.policemag.com/344849/taser-unveils-advanced-multi-shot-stun-gun

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

RSN172

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2021, 02:52:55 PM »
$1800 for the X3? Yikes!  I'll wait to see what SCOTUS says about carrying outside the home. Most law abiding people don’t carry a weapon, which is a big mistake.  If someone came up to me asking for money, my immediate response would be to shoot them in the face with my Mace gun, while my other hand would be reaching for the fixed blade on my belt.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2021, 03:09:13 PM »
$1800 for the X3? Yikes!  I'll wait to see what SCOTUS says about carrying outside the home. Most law abiding people don’t carry a weapon, which is a big mistake.  If someone came up to me asking for money, my immediate response would be to shoot them in the face with my Mace gun, while my other hand would be reaching for the fixed blade on my belt.

Since the X3 is targeted to the tax-funded law enforcement market, you're paying for them anyway!   :geekdanc: :shaka:

Once the gov't market buys enough, the civilian market ought to see reduced prices. 
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2021, 04:00:56 PM »
The taser pulse (single shot) msrp is $400. They had 30% for black friday. Just for perspective against the x3.

Taser also makes a 2 shot. Then there are the more expensive models they make starting at $1k.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2021, 04:32:36 PM »
The benefit of multi-shot is you have the ability to hit the same target again if they yank one or both probes out, or if one misses or hits thick clothing.  I'm curious if the current if multiplied, too.  That could sting if you get hit all three times!!    :shake: :shake: :shake:

For civilians, the tactic is supposed to be to tase and then LEAVE THE GUN while you flee and call for help.  You'd be losing 2 shots with the X3.  If you need to hit another target, you pretty much need another taser if you're not still holding the first one.

Situations will vary.  If you can get the bad guys to line up shoulder to shoulder, and there are no more than 3 of them, the X3 is GTG.   :geekdanc:
-- Melvin Udall

DocMercy

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2021, 12:53:51 PM »
The hitch, as usual, is the red tape.

https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/session2021/bills/HB891_.HTM

6c (10)  That at least one principal or member of the applying [Electric Gun Seller] entity has completed an electric gun safety or training course, offered by the county, or approved by the county, that focuses on:

(A)  The safe use and handling of electric guns;

(B)  Current information about the effects, dangers, risks, and limitations of electric guns; and

(C)  Education on the current state laws on electric guns; and . . . .

I'll be checking the usual suspects (who are already licensed gun dealers) for more information.

What will it take for Amazon to unblock ordering of Tasers by Hawaii residents?

§134-F  The sale or transfer of electric guns.  (a)  A licensee shall post the license to sell or distribute electric guns, or a certified copy thereof, in a location readily visible to customers at each designated place of business.  For internet sales by a licensee, the license number shall be prominently displayed and an electronic copy of the license shall be readily accessible to the customer.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PN6MHHQ