I purchased at stripped lower through LGS to be registered as a pistol.
Shared my plans. AR pistol, BOLT-Action, & Detachable 10 Round Magazine.
All parties were on board.
I’m safe as the bolt action disqualifies it as an “assault pistol”
"Assault pistol" means a semiautomatic pistol that accepts a detachable magazine and has two or more of the following characteristics:
(1) An ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;
(2) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward hand grip, or silencer;
(3) A shroud that is attached to or partially or completely encircles the barrel and permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the second hand without being burned;
(4) A manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded;
(5) A centerfire pistol with an overall length of twelve inches or more; or
(6) It is a semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm;
but does not include a firearm with a barrel sixteen or more inches in length, an antique pistol as defined in this section, or a curio or relic as those terms are used in 18 United States Code section 921(a)(13) or 27 Code of Federal Regulations section 478.11.
I was safe…SO I THOUGHT.
LGS informs me that HPD contacted him & informed him that if I wished to continue with the pistol registration that the magazine HAS to be WELDED, no matter the action is. “Because the upper can be easily changed.” Also the welding has to be done by a type 7 gunsmith and a ATF form must be filed. ALL HAS TO BE DONE PRIOR TO ME BEING ABLE TO START MY PTA.
Bah Humbug 🤦🏾♂️