Hearing HB2464 No duty to retreat 2-24-22 2pm JHA (Read 986 times)

zippz

Hearing HB2464 No duty to retreat 2-24-22 2pm JHA
« on: February 22, 2022, 05:09:21 PM »
SUPPORT HB2464 No duty to retreat.  Simply removes the duty to retreat when using deadly force for self-defense.
This bill is simple, you no longer have to try to retreat, or contemplating if you can retreat safely, prior to using deadly force when facing a threat.  This allows people to react faster and make better defensive decisions, and helps to protect the victims from criminal and civil liability.   This is usually thought of when using guns, but can help when using a knife, stick, or jiu jitsu and other techniques when defending yourself.  Please support this bill.

Please submit your SUPPORTING testimony on the capitol webpage.  hearing is on Thursday Feb 24th at 2pm in Judiciary (JHA)
https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/measure_indiv.aspx?billtype=HB&billnumber=2464&year=2022
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 07:05:32 PM by zippz »
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Direjackalope

Re: Hearing 2-24-22 2pm JHA SUPPORT HB2464 No duty to retreat
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 05:34:31 PM »
What’s the deadline to submit?

RSN172

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2022, 06:45:35 PM »
I hope the legislature sees that the duty to retreat is a stupid law. I know that if someone was trying to kill or beat my ass, what the law says would be the least of my worries.

robtmc

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2022, 07:04:46 PM »
Done, FWIW with the useless democrats that do not GAS what many of us think.

zippz

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2022, 07:06:17 PM »
What’s the deadline to submit?
Preferably before 2pm tomorrow.

Also do a live testimony if possible.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

changemyoil66

Re: Hearing HB2464 No duty to retreat 2-24-22 2pm JHA
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2022, 09:27:22 AM »
Synopsis (Correct or add as needed)

HB2464 SYG

1) The MDA/ET rep was on the zoom .His profile states he lives in NY, so not even local. But anyways he thinks that HI has CCW and OC. Which he was corrected on because no one can "shoot first and ask questions later".  Even after being corrected, he stated 1 can OC a rifle. He also mentioned Kyle Rittenhouse and Aubrey Murphy. Again none apply because of no OC/CCW and he was called out on these examples. Basically, looked like a moron for not knowing our laws when he is supposed to. So cookie cutter testimony.
2) Lopressi again stated he supports MDA/ET and but yet loves this bill. In fact he was the sponsor, so it's his bill. He seems like he's turning to more pro self defense due to his 2 encounters. Some reps wanted to ask the AG questions, but they were not on this bill. Even though they were online for many of the prior bills.  They did ask HPD some questions, but got no answer because HPD said they will have their legal team look into it.
3) Testimonies against this bill stated it's a gun bill. This is why it was important to let the reps know that no one has been issued a CCW/OC in decades, so it is not a gun bill. Cookie cutter statements from MDA/ET.

changemyoil66

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2022, 05:22:56 PM »
Bill passes to next vote.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

macsak

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2022, 07:38:23 PM »
Bill passes to next vote.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

house floor vote