Rant: Big Island range and SB3298 disgust (Read 1432 times)

robtmc

Rant: Big Island range and SB3298 disgust
« on: April 07, 2022, 07:41:39 PM »
Personal note:  am in the planning stages of leaving Hawaii island due to political climate and nowhere to shoot at a formal range.  At my age, shooting is one of my remaining hobbies.  A decent bench and clean area to position shoot, etc.

Oahu has KHSC, BI has squat unless you got land.  A garbage dump where locals shoot up old refrigerators does not come close.

Anyway, at my age I do not have a lot of years left to go shooting, and am beyond pissed off waiting for the BI range that was planned for over ten years ago.

Would not have moved here from Oahu had I known the range would be easily derailed by mainland resort owners and Oahu liberals.  Could have moved to Arizona when it was a lot more cheap.  Not that anyone on the BI cares where I landed.

So, now SB3298 comes along, I send support testimonials etc.  Then, I read it, and all it seems to be is funding for more damn talk and planning.  No range building, more $$ for talk.  Planning was already done over a decade ago.

No doubt this will be shut down if it gets beyond the plans.  Same-same as last time.  The same Oahu liberals are watching, no doubt, plenty of Bloomturd money in hand.

I am at the end of my rope with this state.   Wanted and planned to die on this island, but wanted to enjoy my declining years shooting.

Inspector was way ahead of me, looks like Hawaii Island is a dead end for firearms hobbyists that want a proper place to shoot.

Rant off/
« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 07:53:43 PM by robtmc »

hvybarrels

Re: Rant: Big Island range and SB3298 disgust
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2022, 09:47:31 PM »
If you can just hold on for a little bit longer things are about to get much much worse  :thumbsup:
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

changemyoil66

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2022, 09:52:28 PM »
I get it. Even with a scotus win for open carry, i expect so many hoops that only the dedicated carry. Look what they did with tasers, took 3 months and another lawsuit/inquiry by Beck.

Then the BS bill they had that no can carry a taser on the bus and other places. So expect way worst if scotus wins.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

RSN172

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2022, 11:05:33 PM »
When you get real old, like 80 or 90, then AAC kick in. Ainokea Anymo Carry

Platinum808

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2022, 05:54:46 AM »
I don’t know why the range is so important to you shooting at Kokohead you can only shoot 100 yards that get boring real quick! I go hunting and like to have freedom of walking around with my weapon to see real world use
« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 03:35:16 PM by Platinum808 »
Oh ignorant youth, the world is not a joyous place. The time has come for you to dispense with the frivolous pleasures of childhood and get down to honest toil until you are sixty-five. Then and only then can you relax and collect your social security and live happily until the time of your death!

-Hunter S. Thompson

QUIETShooter

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2022, 06:04:57 AM »
Personal note:  am in the planning stages of leaving Hawaii island due to political climate and nowhere to shoot at a formal range.  At my age, shooting is one of my remaining hobbies.  A decent bench and clean area to position shoot, etc.

Oahu has KHSC, BI has squat unless you got land.  A garbage dump where locals shoot up old refrigerators does not come close.

Anyway, at my age I do not have a lot of years left to go shooting, and am beyond pissed off waiting for the BI range that was planned for over ten years ago.

Would not have moved here from Oahu had I known the range would be easily derailed by mainland resort owners and Oahu liberals.  Could have moved to Arizona when it was a lot more cheap.  Not that anyone on the BI cares where I landed.

So, now SB3298 comes along, I send support testimonials etc.  Then, I read it, and all it seems to be is funding for more damn talk and planning.  No range building, more $$ for talk.  Planning was already done over a decade ago.

No doubt this will be shut down if it gets beyond the plans.  Same-same as last time.  The same Oahu liberals are watching, no doubt, plenty of Bloomturd money in hand.

I am at the end of my rope with this state.   Wanted and planned to die on this island, but wanted to enjoy my declining years shooting.

Inspector was way ahead of me, looks like Hawaii Island is a dead end for firearms hobbyists that want a proper place to shoot.

Rant off/

I agree with all of your rant.  It's worse for you because there is no formal place to shoot on the BI.  At least here we have a place albeit with so much restrictions but better than nothing.

Who knows how long KHSC will be around.  I'm getting up there in age but am more worried about my eyes condition.  Hope I can shoot for a while longer before my eyes give up.

Yeah, like CMO mentioned, the atmosphere and attitude with the communist leaders here in Hawaii makes it hard to be optimistic even with a positive SCOTUS ruling, because the libtards here will only figure out ways to clog up the decisions.

I always hope that this anti-2a attitude changes in Hawaii.  Maybe it will in the future but I'll sadly be long gone I think.

And if it gets worse then being long gone is better than to live through that bullsh*t.

Best Wishes for whatever you decide to do. 
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

groveler

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2022, 02:59:41 PM »
By my count there are four maybe a few more BI guys here.
You can shoot here, but no formal ranges.  I'm not too sure
we really want a formal range.   A place where the government
can identify who is shooting,
to some degree what they shoot,
and how often.
But then again I don't view shooting as a social event.
I'm a bit of a Curmudgeon when it comes to personal Freedoms.

I hope you are blessed and find your place where you can practice
to your hearts content.
 :wave:

robtmc

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2022, 03:29:13 PM »
I'm not too sure we really want a formal range.

You overstate my interest in a purpose built range. 

I want a place that is not a dumping ground for Hawaiians to bring trash to shoot up and leave.
A place I can go prone if I wish on dirt not strewn with decades of shotgun and 7.62x39 cases.
Do not desire range officers, but do not want to wonder if the locals will honor a cease fire call.
A range my wife can shoot and not be hassled by the DLNR for no hunting license or blaze orange.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 03:36:42 PM by robtmc »

RSN172

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2022, 05:51:59 PM »
All you have to do is move from Kona to a Puna subdivision where lot sizes are 3 acres or bigger. That means none of the subdivisions off Hwy 130 or Fern Acres and Eden Roc.

groveler

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2022, 07:08:33 PM »
You overstate my interest in a purpose built range. 

I want a place that is not a dumping ground for Hawaiians to bring trash to shoot up and leave.
A place I can go prone if I wish on dirt not strewn with decades of shotgun and 7.62x39 cases.
Do not desire range officers, but do not want to wonder if the locals will honor a cease fire call.
A range my wife can shoot and not be hassled by the DLNR for no hunting license or blaze orange.
I REALLY appreciate your concerns.
Perhaps AZ is a better place.
The BI is what it is and we aren't going to change it
into something it is not and never will be,
despite all the Government dictates.
 :shaka: