Storage and workplace (Read 361 times)

6716J

Storage and workplace
« on: April 15, 2022, 02:11:23 PM »
If you're looking for a good workspace and storage unit for the babies, this one looks super nice.

Rifle, handgun and ammo in it own side
Tools and workbench on other. Both independent locks. I'd change out and put tubular locks in, buts me.

$1500 Home Depot Pearl City

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

DocMercy

Re: Storage and workplace
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2022, 05:38:03 PM »
This looks like the model. SKU is 1003103121.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-80-in-W-x-24-in-D-Heavy-Duty-10-Drawer-3-Piece-Combo-Rolling-Tool-Chest-Top-Cabinet-and-Side-Locker-in-Matte-Black-HOTC8010BB1S/304589169

It looks like they'll deliver this for $80, but it may come in more than one box. Read some of the 1-star reviews. Not sure the casters will support 3000 lbs (total). Most wheels from China tend to buckle eventually. I owned one shelving system where a wheel assembly was bent when a 250 lb Krell Amp was put on a shelf.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Storage and workplace
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2022, 06:44:44 PM »
If you're in the market for a workbench/storage unit from HD, check up near the front where they usually have all the seasonal stuff:  Halloween and Christmas decor, AC's, etc.  If they received a bunch of workbench or storage units recently, they'll have about 6 or more assembled for you to look at.

If you look closely, you'll find at least a couple with a ding, scratch or bend where it doesn't belong.  Talk to a manager and offer to buy one that's damaged, but not where it's obvious -- like on the rear or underneath the unit.

I managed to get a nice discount off the already lowered sale price for a rolling workbench with drawers similar to one I already have -- only the new one was deeper front to back.   :thumbsup:

The sale price was $299.99 + tax, marked down from $399.99.  I got it for another $50 off IIRC.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2022, 07:13:42 PM by Flapp_Jackson »
Truth, when not sought after, rarely comes to light.  -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

I need some new conspiracy theories. All my old ones turned out to be true.

Hamburger Helper only works if the hamburger really wants to be helped.