HB2075 CD1 Call both your House and Senate rep before 5/2/22 (Read 826 times)

changemyoil66

HB2075 CD1 Call both your House and Senate rep before 5/2/22
« on: April 29, 2022, 12:25:30 PM »
https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/session2022/bills/HB2075_CD1_.htm?fbclid=IwAR0Jm0lWjtGC6lP0-7MuPgWtpuzpt_IFNC963NahpYA_KpJlttImaAjR6sk

They want to bring back the bringing in the firearm for registration for all purchases/transfers not done by a FFL. So out of state purchase, private sale, inheritance, etc...

A judge already ruled HI cannot do this and yet here is the bill that ignores a judges ruling.

Also read the bill. They use militia as an example, but leave out the ages for a militia (18), because you must be 21 to buy a gun in Hawaii.

They also stated the militia was mainly white men.

They used 30,000 annual gun violence deaths is the reason for this, but isn't 2/3 of these deaths suicide per FBI/CDC stats? (Correct if I'm wrong).

hvybarrels

Re: HB2075 CD1 Call both your House and Senate rep before 5/2/22
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2022, 01:55:32 PM »
It's like a sniveling spoiled child throwing a temper tantrum and trying to rationalize away the consequences of their bad behavior with random words.
Democrats haven't been this angry since we took away their slaves.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2022, 02:20:41 PM »
https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/session2022/bills/HB2075_CD1_.htm?fbclid=IwAR0Jm0lWjtGC6lP0-7MuPgWtpuzpt_IFNC963NahpYA_KpJlttImaAjR6sk

They want to bring back the bringing in the firearm for registration for all purchases/transfers not done by a FFL. So out of state purchase, private sale, inheritance, etc...

A judge already ruled HI cannot do this and yet here is the bill that ignores a judges ruling.

Also read the bill. They use militia as an example, but leave out the ages for a militia (18), because you must be 21 to buy a gun in Hawaii.

They also stated the militia was mainly white men.

They used 30,000 annual gun violence deaths is the reason for this, but isn't 2/3 of these deaths suicide per FBI/CDC stats? (Correct if I'm wrong).

Arguing statistics is unproductive.  People have been conditioned for decades to believe that metrics are always the best method to determine what problems exist and whether or not implemented solutions are having a positive effect.  The problem with using metrics to define and track a political issue is too many significant metrics are ignored while pushing an agenda that's bolstered by other metrics.

Your comment/question is a good example of how the numbers are not honestly applied to the discussion & analysis. 

Here's all we need to know:  Correlation does not equal causation.  Hawaii has a lot of variables to account for other than strict laws.  Isolation from other states due to our location in the Pacific is a big one.  Culture is another.  Hawaii did not evolve under the US Constitution the way other states did.  For a couple hundred years, the US protected gun ownership via the Constitution, and Hawaii was never a part of that history.

Hawaii loves to tout how unique we are compared to the mainland.  "That won't work here, because Hawaii is unique!"  Yet, when it comes to gun laws and the "impact" they have on crime, suddenly they have no problem comparing pineapples to oranges.

According to the "findings" in the Bill, Hawaii has the lowest rate of firearm deaths in the US -- fewer than 50 per year giving us a rate of 3.4/100,000.

in 2018, we saw 147 meth deaths in Hawaii, way more than any other state per capita -- nearly 3 times the national average.  That's also nearly 3 times the number of "gun deaths" here.

Seems like more should be done to fix the REAL drug problem here instead of making more gun laws WHEN THEY ALREADY CLAIM THE TOP SPOT for least number of gun deaths.

There's no gun problem here if you look at the stats, yet we are making more laws to combat gun ownership.  Makes zero logical sense.  Take that time to research and enact laws that fix real problems.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 02:50:19 PM by Flapp_Jackson »
Truth, when not sought after, rarely comes to light.  -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

I need some new conspiracy theories. All my old ones turned out to be true.

Hamburger Helper only works if the hamburger really wants to be helped.

hvybarrels

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2022, 02:45:43 PM »
Called in to both my Sen and Rep.

Wasn't sure what the 48 hour warning is for so I did both as the original post suggested.

changemyoil66

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2022, 04:04:17 PM »
Called in to both my Sen and Rep.

Wasn't sure what the 48 hour warning is for so I did both as the original post suggested.
They have to give at least 48hrs notice b4 the floor vote.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

changemyoil66

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2022, 11:34:10 AM »
It passed the final reading. Only Favella (ewa beach) voted no.

changemyoil66

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2022, 12:24:41 PM »
Now on Ige's desk.  Email him if can. But even with a veto, they have more than 2/3 vote to override him.

hvybarrels

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2022, 01:18:07 PM »
A bill with racist language. How embarrassing

changemyoil66

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2022, 03:44:44 PM »
Ige signed the bill, which ignores a judges ruling.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Isaac

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2022, 08:38:14 PM »
Do politicians even listen to their constituents these days? It's starting to look like high school just doing things to get noticed by the people they admire.

hvybarrels

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2022, 12:36:20 AM »
Do politicians even listen to their constituents these days? It's starting to look like high school just doing things to get noticed by the people they admire.

Apparently they don't listen to the courts either.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2022, 09:13:53 AM »
Most politicians believe they are above the law.

They believe they are in a category reserved for gods.

Notice I used a lower case for the word god.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

RSN172

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2022, 09:29:00 AM »
If politicians make a law that has already been declared unconstitutional by the courts, I don't see any reason to obey.

hvybarrels

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2022, 10:46:52 AM »
Ige cited a curious example while he signed that law.

The guy who shot 4 people at Thomas Square Park last week with an illegal gun and 20 round mag less than a block away from the police station ON CAMERA is no apparently walking the streets again.

What exactly is our motivation to follow the law if nobody is going to enforce it?