Sig P320 Addiction - Experiences and Recommendations (Read 3786 times)

Theycallmeekolu

Re: Sig P320 Addiction - Experiences and Recommendations
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2022, 01:10:18 PM »
What threaded barrel and comp you guys recommend for the p320 x5?

drck1000

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2022, 02:56:22 PM »
My first P320. It’s the X-Full RXP. Also have the tungsten weighted grip module (TXG).

The trigger is “different”. Will shoot it and see. For now, just different than any pistol trigger I currently own. Seems even different from the P320 versions I’ve shot previously, like the X-5 Legion.

The pic of the Romeo comes out a lot larger than it is via naked eye.

rpoL98

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2022, 09:33:18 PM »
i've got a handful of the P320 FCU's.  gravitated towards the AXG frames.  with the 4.7" and 3.9" barrel/slides,  I bought the Trijicon suppressor-heights sights, just haven't gotten around to swapping them in.  I like the Apex curved trigger (personal preference) and I use the Armory Craft +10% trigger return spring.  I tried the Apex trigger bar, didn't like it.   I've got another Sig slide waiting to be FDE cerakoted.  Debating on whether to send an unused AXG frame out to be cerakoted Troy Coyote Tan (H-268), for closest-match to the Sig coyote tan.  so yeah, drinking that Sig P320 Kool-Aid  no P365's, yet.

updated pic with suppressor-height sights:

I also tried the Armory Craft Sport take-down lever, mainly to make it easier to rotate, but then Sig redesigned their OEM TD lever with a new groove ramp, it's now easy to rotate, no longer a need for the thick AC TD lever sticking out the side (want slimmer profile), just to get tool-less take-down.  and not a fan of gas pedals.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 03:20:55 PM by rpoL98 »

drck1000

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2022, 08:52:26 AM »
i've got a handful of the P320 FCU's.  gravitated towards the AXG frames.  with the 4.7" and 3.9" barrel/slides,  I bought the Trijicon suppressor-heights sights, just haven't gotten around to swapping them in.  I like the Apex curved trigger (personal preference) and I use the Armory Craft +10% trigger return spring.  I tried the Apex trigger bar, didn't like it.   I've got another Sig slide waiting to be FDE cerakoted.  Debating on whether to send an unused AXG frame out to be cerakoted Troy Coyote Tan (H-268), for closest-match to the Sig coyote tan.  so yeah, drinking that Sig P320 Kool-Aid  no P365's, yet.

SNIP

I also tried the Armory Craft Sport take-down lever, mainly to make it easier to rotate, but then Sig redesigned their OEM TD lever with a new groove ramp, it's now easy to rotate, no longer a need for the thick AC TD lever sticking out the side (want slimmer profile), just to get tool-less take-down.  and not a fan of gas pedals.
Nice!  I was reading up on the AXG frames.  I saw SEC had a few in stock, at least last week. 

I was also looking into trigger options, just mostly just to see what's out there and what folks are using.  I haven't shot my first P320 yet, and plan is to shoot it in stock/basic condition for a while.  I have the GoGun gas pedal take down lever, that's about it.  I haven't shot with it yet.  I've heard really good things about them from friends that have them.  I have found that it limits holster options.  On one hand, anything that helps improve is worth a try.  However, I also prefer to have commonality between guns.  Glocks have an option to have a ramp stippled/formed into the frame, but I don't have that mod on any of my current guns. 

changemyoil66

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2022, 09:30:00 AM »
Nice!  I was reading up on the AXG frames.  I saw SEC had a few in stock, at least last week. 

I was also looking into trigger options, just mostly just to see what's out there and what folks are using.  I haven't shot my first P320 yet, and plan is to shoot it in stock/basic condition for a while.  I have the GoGun gas pedal take down lever, that's about it.  I haven't shot with it yet.  I've heard really good things about them from friends that have them.  I have found that it limits holster options.  On one hand, anything that helps improve is worth a try.  However, I also prefer to have commonality between guns.  Glocks have an option to have a ramp stippled/formed into the frame, but I don't have that mod on any of my current guns.

I found that I enjoy the flat trigger over the curved one. It's much less "mushy" and the take up seems less. Same with the P365 curved triggers vs the ones on the 365X, XL, Spectre, etc...

drck1000

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2022, 09:49:52 AM »
I found that I enjoy the flat trigger over the curved one. It's much less "mushy" and the take up seems less. Same with the P365 curved triggers vs the ones on the 365X, XL, Spectre, etc...
So you find that flat triggers solve the mushy and takeup?   ???

changemyoil66

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2022, 01:05:10 PM »
So you find that flat triggers solve the mushy and takeup?   ???

They're still mushy, but not as mushy as the gen 1 curved ones. Both 320 and 365.  TBH, I prefer the glock trigger over either flat or curved.

drck1000

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2022, 01:15:43 PM »
They're still mushy, but not as mushy as the gen 1 curved ones. Both 320 and 365.  TBH, I prefer the glock trigger over either flat or curved.
I suspected what you meant.  Was just giving you crap.  I still haven't shot the P320, but the trigger just seems "different". 

I personally like flat faced triggers, at least the ones I have on my 19s.  Where the break is when the bar is vertical.  Those have an index point.  Funny because for my bolt actions I prefer the TT pro curved.  Or at least it will be quite painful to switch.

The triggers on the 43x and 48 are also different.  Not like my stock 17s triggers.  I am leaning toward going with Apex triggers on at least one of the slim body, and maybe a different one, but can't remember the name.   

drck1000

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2022, 09:11:21 AM »
Shot the P320 X-Full with Romeo over the weekend and I am VERY impressed.  Out of the box, the Romeo was spot on, at least for the 5 mags or so I shot at 10-15 yards.  There were a couple of YT goobers who were trashing the same gun with Romeo combo, but I didn't experience any issues with the dot or "lack of inherent accuracy". 

Based on dry fire, my thoughts on the X series stock trigger was that it was interesting.  After shooting about 50 rounds, nothing negative to note.  Reset and break seemed fine.  Just different than I'm used to.  I was trying to index the trigger on the little nub at the bottom of the flat faced trigger and that seemed to work well.  Grouping using CMO's fruit metric was less than a plum for slow fire and around Fuji apply in "quicker" draw and follow-up shots. 

Similar to the 43x, plan is to shoot this gun a lot over the next many months, including getting back into USPSA matches, but in Carry Optics.  Need to pick up more mags, but have the rest of the gear ready. 

One aspect that I want to look into more for the P320 (as well as the 43x) is to stipple the underside of the trigger guard.  My Gucci Glocks have undercut and stippling that helps with how I grip pistols.  Other than that, really liking the P320 so far.  Want to shoot the X-Full size by side with say a Glock 17 or 34.  Don't envision switching away from Glock any time soon, but can certainly envision more P320 variants in my collection before too long. . 

changemyoil66

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2022, 09:40:57 AM »
Shot the P320 X-Full with Romeo over the weekend and I am VERY impressed.  Out of the box, the Romeo was spot on, at least for the 5 mags or so I shot at 10-15 yards.  There were a couple of YT goobers who were trashing the same gun with Romeo combo, but I didn't experience any issues with the dot or "lack of inherent accuracy". 

Based on dry fire, my thoughts on the X series stock trigger was that it was interesting.  After shooting about 50 rounds, nothing negative to note.  Reset and break seemed fine.  Just different than I'm used to.  I was trying to index the trigger on the little nub at the bottom of the flat faced trigger and that seemed to work well.  Grouping using CMO's fruit metric was less than a plum for slow fire and around Fuji apply in "quicker" draw and follow-up shots. 

Similar to the 43x, plan is to shoot this gun a lot over the next many months, including getting back into USPSA matches, but in Carry Optics.  Need to pick up more mags, but have the rest of the gear ready. 

One aspect that I want to look into more for the P320 (as well as the 43x) is to stipple the underside of the trigger guard.  My Gucci Glocks have undercut and stippling that helps with how I grip pistols.  Other than that, really liking the P320 so far.  Want to shoot the X-Full size by side with say a Glock 17 or 34.  Don't envision switching away from Glock any time soon, but can certainly envision more P320 variants in my collection before too long. .

Romeo 1?

This is the RDS I was originally looking at, but chose to go Holosun because the Romeo1 is plastic. For a carry gun, I don't want a plastic optic. But if you're going to use it just for matches, then it's a very good and affordable optic.

You left out at what distance the plum and fuji apple were at. Focus.

drck1000

« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2022, 10:31:21 AM »
Romeo 1?

This is the RDS I was originally looking at, but chose to go Holosun because the Romeo1 is plastic. For a carry gun, I don't want a plastic optic. But if you're going to use it just for matches, then it's a very good and affordable optic.

You left out at what distance the plum and fuji apple were at. Focus.
Romeo 1 Pro.  Think it's aluminum housing.  But yeah, primarily for matches and general range shooting.  I am considering a DeltaPoint, as well as potentially the ACRO on the P320 since Aimpoint makes a mount for the P320.  Don't envision carrying the P320 X-Full, but who knows.  Maybe an X-Carry in the future. . .

Distance was 10 & 15 yards.   

changemyoil66

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2022, 11:23:13 AM »
Romeo 1 Pro.  Think it's aluminum housing.  But yeah, primarily for matches and general range shooting.  I am considering a DeltaPoint, as well as potentially the ACRO on the P320 since Aimpoint makes a mount for the P320.  Don't envision carrying the P320 X-Full, but who knows.  Maybe an X-Carry in the future. . .

Distance was 10 & 15 yards.   

I know a guy who CC a P320 Legion (that graphite one) when at work. AIWB.

drck1000

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2022, 11:55:02 AM »
I know a guy who CC a P320 Legion (that graphite one) when at work. AIWB.
Yeah, understand can.  I have carried my Glock 17 AIWB.  I know many who prefer a full size handgun for balance of capability with concealability.  However, also need to understand the person's context. 

changemyoil66

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2022, 01:07:26 PM »
.  However, also need to understand the person's context.

He cannot afford to buy another gun.

drck1000

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2022, 01:14:32 PM »
:facepalm:

Weather conditions and what they wear.  Their build, personal preference, etc.  But yes, I can certainly appreciate those whose gun funds are more challenged. . .

I know more than a few who choose to carry full sized pistols, including a Glock 34/35. 

macsak

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2022, 02:36:29 PM »

at least he owns a gun
and ammo
and body armor...

drck1000

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2022, 12:32:55 PM »
Shot the P320 X-Full more over the weekend. Let a few shooting friends try and all were impressed.  I am very much impressed with the gun.  I will try the tungsten grip module next, and considering some stippling on select areas of the grip.  Overall, I am very much liking the gun.  See a lot of positives with the gun and platform/system.  The mag price and having to get a bunch of support gear is a downer as well, but the P320 is very much growing on me.  Can't say I'm addicted, but envision having the P320 on a lot more trips to ranges days. 

randay

« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2022, 04:41:59 PM »
P320 xten anyone? Ive been wanting a 10mm for hunting. Does anyone know if we can drop in a standard p320 fcu into the new xten parts?

Also I think its gotta be 6", hopefully that is an option soon.

changemyoil66

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2022, 12:10:09 PM »
Shot the P320 X-Full more over the weekend. Let a few shooting friends try and all were impressed.  I am very much impressed with the gun.  I will try the tungsten grip module next, and considering some stippling on select areas of the grip.  Overall, I am very much liking the gun.  See a lot of positives with the gun and platform/system.  The mag price and having to get a bunch of support gear is a downer as well, but the P320 is very much growing on me.  Can't say I'm addicted, but envision having the P320 on a lot more trips to ranges days.

Your 320 is sweet. I was able to have rounds touching at 5 yards. Which I don't think I've done that with the VP9 or CZ P10C.  Besides the tungsten grip helping with follow up shots (recoil), would it also effect accuracy for slow fire?

*Edit

It kind of makes me want to get 1. But I already bought enough guns this year and really have no need for it.  I mean, I could retire the VP9. But then those 5 holsters went to waste.

I also told myself my next handgun, I will RDS and it will be a GLock or clone (Shadow Systems MR920) and Gucci it.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 12:51:36 PM by changemyoil66 »

drck1000

« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2022, 02:36:57 PM »
Your 320 is sweet. I was able to have rounds touching at 5 yards. Which I don't think I've done that with the VP9 or CZ P10C.  Besides the tungsten grip helping with follow up shots (recoil), would it also effect accuracy for slow fire?

*Edit

It kind of makes me want to get 1. But I already bought enough guns this year and really have no need for it.  I mean, I could retire the VP9. But then those 5 holsters went to waste.

I also told myself my next handgun, I will RDS and it will be a GLock or clone (Shadow Systems MR920) and Gucci it.
When you shot it, I had the standard X-Full frame/grip module on it.  I've since put the TXG and shot another 50 rounds or so.  I like it.  Can't say that it affects accuracy, though I can definitely see a benefit in say competition. 

I wanted a P320 for a long time.  The support gear needed (mags, holsters, etc) had me holding off, as well as came full circle from one gun/platform, to all sorts of different guns, to back to shooting more with one (or less) platforms. 

The more I shoot the P320 X-Full, the more I like it.  Shoots pretty well out of the box and lots of options available.  Pricing is decent as well.  Not as much aftermarket options as Glock.  Still don't envision going away from Glock, but think has potential. . .