Post your Plinkers!!!!!(warning!big pics) (Read 5446 times)

tonsofguns

Post your Plinkers!!!!!(warning!big pics)
« on: June 12, 2010, 03:25:19 PM »
Well here's mine, a Marlin model 600 with a Simmons 3-9x32 A/O and 18 round tube. The Bipod is borrowed from my 700 and the sling is off a duffle bag. The cheek rest and palm swell are both "custom engineered" from pvc and electrical tape. I dropped the trigger down to about 3 to 3.5 lbs. ( soon to go lower), added an over travel screw, polished and bedded the action, and floated the barrel. All in all I spent about 6-8 hours throughout the week on this project. My 5 round groups at 25 yards dropped to about dime size so I'm satisfied for now (still looking for the tacticoolness, tho ;D ).

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sheepdog
  • Referrals: 17
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
Re: Post your Plinkers!!!!!(warning!big pics)
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 08:50:25 PM »
I like it :)

What were your groups before the bubba-ing?
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Buying from Amazon? Click through here

tonsofguns

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 08:40:16 AM »
All over the paper! The trigger was so stiff you could pick up the rifle by the trigger and hold it and it wouldn't fire. I still wanna get it down to about 2 lbs. But its decent for now.

Tom_G

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 10:02:45 AM »
I've never seen a Marlin Model 600 before... it looks amazingly similar to my Marlin Model 60, though.  :)

I bet the bedding is what really made it shine.  Mine shoots well enough, sometimes.  I think that the front screw gets loose, and that's when my groups open up to "buckshot."  If I keep it tight, I can walk down the 50 yard rail on the silhouete side, just laying down target after target (benchrest, of course).
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

tonsofguns

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 05:07:38 PM »
 ;DHehehe busted. Your right it is a model 60, only with a "gold" trigger and an 18 round tube. Marlin produced these for Big 5 a few decades ago as a special run, calling them model 600. I don't know how it got to the islands though.

Hey am I the only one with a 22 and a camera :D

Heavies

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 10:36:10 AM »
I'm wanting to build one.  Got the stock so far, but still looking for a little funds and a nice Savage MKII FV. My intention is to build a trainer for long range practice and maybe get my wife to come to the range with me. ;D
Found it at Boyds Gun stocks for around $80.  Sweet Deal considering this is the same stock that comes on the new Savage FVT.  only difference would be that the FVT come with a tactical bolt knob. But, I could always put one later. :shaka:

Edit: stock is for the Savage MKII TR not the FVT.
http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/MARKIITR

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 04:31:12 PM by Heavies »

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Sheepdog
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 09:50:39 PM »
Wow, looks like you got a pretty good deal. Is it bedded?
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Heavies

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 10:38:16 AM »
No it is not bedded. But for the price it is pretty decent shape. It is painted and has some texture to the grip areas.

tonsofguns

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 12:33:54 PM »
thats a damn nice stock, i wish i could get something like that for me marlin!

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Sheepdog
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 03:48:33 PM »
For those of you that didn't see my plinker, it's a plain jane Ruger 10/22 Carbine with a Bushnell Rimfire 3-9x scope.

I'll have to get some target pictures. IIRC, it was shooting out about a 6" circle at 100 yards.

[smg id=27]
I am not a lawyer.

Heavies

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2010, 07:17:01 PM »
Well picked up a Savage MKII .22lr. Put on that Boyd's tactical stock I was talking about. Man, am I glad I didn't wait to buy the stock, as I heard they will not be offering these stocks to the public anymore.

I wasn't able to pick up the cheap plastic stock version so I got the wood stock version for a little more. Still saved some cash from ordering the mkii tr so I can't really complain. Many thanks to Daniel at Kaneohe GS, he even hooked me up with a couple of boxes of ammo gratis. Fiocci standard vel. and Eley sport. I've only been able to try cci and wolf match target so far, with my brothers CZ and those have been good. Wolf being the best, but pricey.

I'm going to try her out tomorrow. Hope it shoots as good as I have heard.
Any one with an accu-trigger FV with the Tupperware stock that wants to upgrade to a wood laminate, let me know.
 :D :D :shaka: ;)

Update:
This little savage can shoot! These are five shot groups in pretty heavy wind.  Thanks Brother, for this great birthday gift!

She didn't like this ammo.

She like these better...

She liked these the Best!
 I Didn't get to shoot her much at one hundred cause it didn't have to much of the Wolf MT and Eley, plus it was sure windy Sunday.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 04:33:28 PM by Heavies »

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Sheepdog
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2010, 07:25:34 PM »
Dang, Heavies, I'm envious of your toys.   :o It came out great.
I am not a lawyer.

Heavies

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2010, 08:31:59 PM »
Haha. Thanks 2a!   :D
But all my stuff is on the cheap.
You should see the stuff the guys I shoot with have.  Big $$$
I can only wish.