• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sheepdog
  • Referrals: 17
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
Current 2A Cases
« on: July 20, 2010, 10:31:53 AM »
This is a list of current 2A cases from The Firing Line. Hopefully Gura can keep convincing the court to see the light.

- Edit: Removed the quoted text, just visit TFL  or the calguns wiki to check out the status
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 07:19:48 AM by 2aHawaii »
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Buying from Amazon? Click through here

HiCarry

Re: Current 2A Cases
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 12:36:28 PM »

Anubis

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 11:03:21 AM »
A list of some cases including status can be seen at http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Litigation_Past_and_Present
located in Arapahoe County, CO

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Sheepdog
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 05:39:39 PM »
Great link Anubis. Thanks. There's a lot to be learned on that page.
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Kingkeoni

This is why you should be a NRA member.
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 08:49:34 AM »
The NRA is filing a  Suit against the unconstitutional ban on carrying firearms for self-defense in Illinois.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal/Read.aspx?id=6788

Now I wonder if we get a petition together if they'll help our fight for 2A rights here in Hawaii?
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Funtimes

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 03:41:21 PM »
Sadly, petitions don't really mean anything.

I haven't seen one really taken seriously lol.  We are submitting a formal request from the NRA for support, and it should be completed shortly. Once we hear back we will know how to proceed.

Kingkeoni

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 09:07:42 PM »

I haven't seen one really taken seriously lol.  We are submitting a formal request from the NRA for support, and it should be completed shortly. Once we hear back we will know how to proceed.

Awesome, way to fight for the rights of the many.
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Colt808

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 03:55:38 PM »

THIS!

Legislators wipe their butts with petitions and call it environmentally responsible recycling.
Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it. ~Thomas Paine

And I still see stupid people.

Funtimes

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 09:15:12 PM »
There are tons of 2A cases going on. I would wager about 10 are missing from this list now. CGF / SAF have been filing left and right;  we are not to far off from joining them.

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Sheepdog
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 05:38:13 AM »
Sorry, I haven't been doing too well keeping up with them. If you have any more to add, you can "modify" my post :)
I am not a lawyer.

Funtimes

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 06:33:00 AM »
Sorry, I haven't been doing too well keeping up with them. If you have any more to add, you can "modify" my post :)
swamped as well :P.  To much stuff changing lol

Keep up with it at calguns wiki imo! 

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Sheepdog
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 07:21:31 AM »
Your right :thumbsup:

I've updated the post to just link to both the sites.
I am not a lawyer.

MisterEd

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 08:43:18 AM »
CALGUNS and SAF are contesting the 'good cause' issue in California's permitting system...  Something that might affect us here if they win in the 9th circuit.

http://saf.org/viewpr-new.asp?id=362

( anybody got a smiley with fingers crossed?? )

Cougar8045

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2011, 09:25:21 AM »
Land O'Goshen!  That's exactly what we need here in Hawaii!  Looks like that was published in June, I wonder if anything has happened with that case since then.
I'm just a fluffy white bunny rabbit who lost his way. 

"If a thief be found breaking in, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him. ..."  -Exodus 22:2

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Sheepdog
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 10:45:48 AM »
I am not a lawyer.

MisterEd

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2011, 05:49:37 AM »
Not sure if this is the right place to post this....   But there's signs of progress in the universe...

http://www.middletownjournal.com/news/middletown-news/whos-armed-some-of-our-elected-officials-1240979.html

aloha,
    Mr. Ed < of course^2 >

MisterEd

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2011, 05:52:15 AM »
...and thanx for the smiley 2AHawaii

kenpo333

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2012, 01:11:58 PM »
What about the Maryland concealed carry case that the Federal court overturned on March 5th
Maryland State Police Qualified Handgun Inst.
NRA certified Pistol, Rifle,Shotgun, Muzzle loading pistol,rifle,shotgun, Personal Protection Inside & Outside the Home, Home Firearm Safety Instructor,Chief Range Safety Officer

Growler67

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2012, 02:39:38 PM »
There is also the case in Denver regarding CC and the Post Office.
Practice does NOT make perfect. Perfection is an Ideal and thus cannot exist in the real world. To seek perfection is to set yourself up for failure. Instead, strive for Excellence. Excellence is an attainable goal - Coach George Yamamoto, Mililani High School, RIP

durkn

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2012, 11:58:08 PM »
How about we add SBR to our Hawaii legislative to-do list ??
One of the fundamental delusions of liberalism is that they have a monopoly on compassion.