Post your latest purchase (Read 698712 times)

Boomah

Re: Post your latest purchase
« Reply #1940 on: January 23, 2022, 10:55:09 AM »
2021 was quite the dry spell firearms/shooting wise so had to play catch up at year's end. Finally got a longer range budget shooter put together and picked up an SD556 as well. Enjoy them both :shaka:

Inspector

« Reply #1941 on: January 23, 2022, 10:59:41 AM »
Just got my case of Federal Small Pistol Primers. I tried posting a pic but it must be too big.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 11:22:03 AM by Inspector »
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

Rhed

« Reply #1942 on: March 13, 2022, 07:39:39 AM »

Testing these out today. Ordered these through Brownells with a 60$ off coupon. Got one for my son too.

Rhed

« Reply #1943 on: March 14, 2022, 10:59:23 AM »
^^^^^ After trying these electronic ear plugs yesterday at the range, I’m friggin sold on these. You literally can have a conversation regularly, but all gun shots are muffled. Tried it in high mode, that was too much for me. It intensifies all sounds around, even can hear conversations at the 50 yard mark. So turn it back to normal mode. My son like it in high mode though. Comes with 3 ear plug type. I used the foam ones with a rating of 32db. It supposed to work with other off the shelves ones. Well not all of em. Anyways, I think it’s worth it.

drck1000

« Reply #1944 on: March 14, 2022, 11:25:23 AM »
Latest purchase is a Lilja threaded barrel for CZ 457.

https://www.bulletcentral.com/product/lilja-barrel-drop-in-cz-455-457-22lr-900-x-16-3-4%E2%80%B3-threaded-1-2-x-28%E2%80%B3/

One that came in recently that I'm super excited to start using is the AMP annealer.  It was out of stock for a while and even now, have been coming back in stock in batches that sell out in about a minute. 

rfd

Ruger American, new bbl
« Reply #1945 on: March 14, 2022, 11:42:37 AM »
.243Win RAR in a Boyd's stock w/Arken SH4 6-24x50 and the stock Ruger 22"sporter 1:9" bbl ...

... and after I installed the Preferred Barrels s/s MTU .930" x 26" 1:7" bbl ... ah, mo' bettah, brah!

Hogging out the fore stock with a grenade drill rasp ...

Using a Little Crow Gunsmiths Ruger bbl wrench to remove the stock bbl ...

Go/No-Go gauges to set the head space ...

« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 11:49:12 AM by rfd »
Molon Labe ~ NRA Life Member ~ NRA RSO ~ Black Powder Gang ~ TMA ~ Buffalo Rifles

macsak

« Reply #1946 on: March 14, 2022, 11:49:24 AM »
how much were they?

drck1000

Re: Ruger American, new bbl
« Reply #1947 on: March 14, 2022, 12:07:37 PM »
.243Win RAR in a Boyd's stock w/Arken SH4 6-24x50 and the stock Ruger 22"sporter 1:9" bbl ...

SNIP
Awesome.  Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on that scope.  I read a lot of good things for that scope/brand.  Sounds like it's a pretty good quality product (for the money and maybe more than for the money).  They get a lot of hate as well, but seems like brand snobs.  I've been looking for a scope with higher magnification for my .22 lr rifle.  Arken and Athlon have been recommended by lots. 

rfd

Re: Ruger American, new bbl
« Reply #1948 on: March 14, 2022, 12:42:57 PM »
Awesome.  Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on that scope.  I read a lot of good things for that scope/brand.  Sounds like it's a pretty good quality product (for the money and maybe more than for the money).  They get a lot of hate as well, but seems like brand snobs.  I've been looking for a scope with higher magnification for my .22 lr rifle.  Arken and Athlon have been recommended by lots.

Already shot with the Arken scope last year ... in a word, Awesome - I don't say that lightly.  Everything I've read about it, particularly in comparisons to notable four figure scopes by the likes of class shooters like Tiborsaurus-Rex = all true.  I've used more than a few high end scopes such as Nightforce and Steiner, as well as the venerable SWFA S/S scopes in a variety of flavors, but IMHO none can compare to the value of the Arken SH4 6-24x50.  Part of its success is not only very good glass, but the 34mm tube that lets in gobs of light along with incredibly consistent turret tracking.  Unless some new wonder scope becomes available, all my future long range builds will prompt the purchase of another SH4.

I'm no sniper shooter, however it was fun ringing steel @ 400yds with the stock RAR .243Win bbl, off a bipod on a portable shooting table, my handloads (Lapua brass, cheap Speer 75 grain, Federal Match primers, Varget powder) ...

Molon Labe ~ NRA Life Member ~ NRA RSO ~ Black Powder Gang ~ TMA ~ Buffalo Rifles

jc2721

« Reply #1949 on: April 24, 2022, 01:30:17 PM »
I just picked up this--Auto Ordnance .45 Commando  :shaka:

16" finned barrel, Kahr's copy of the Cutts Compensator, parkerized metal and black painted furniture, and a dozen+ magazines.  These will take the drum but they're way too heavy.
Old school gangsta' cool

dogman

« Reply #1950 on: May 04, 2022, 09:02:02 PM »
My 9mm PCC which uses Glock magazines is not limited to ten rounds anymore. Magpul drum mag is too short to work with Glock handguns.

stangzilla

« Reply #1951 on: May 11, 2022, 02:31:32 PM »
so, I go to the gun store hoping to purchase the Vickers Tactical Springfield 1911 that I saw on IG.  but it sold in 1 day, i was too late
so on to plan B.  H&K 45 with night sights. I did not know it was also designed by Larry Vickers and Ken Hackathorn.  did not know this until after I bought it.
also did not know it has a Browning barrel lockup like a hi power and a barrel O ring, so it is very accurate.  hammer fired, decocker, external safety.  I like it!   :thumbsup:
also did not know the history of the gun until after too.  so It is a pretty badass gun.  plus I saved 500 bucks by buying this instead of the Vickers 1911.  maybe it was meant to be.   :shaka:
in case you don't know about the HK45:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_HK45

changemyoil66

« Reply #1952 on: May 11, 2022, 08:35:46 PM »
U can bring this to the 1911 day since its in 45.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

stangzilla

« Reply #1953 on: May 12, 2022, 05:06:31 AM »
U can bring this to the 1911 day since its in 45.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Rocky

« Reply #1954 on: May 12, 2022, 09:38:06 AM »
:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Uhhhhhm  ::)
Thats the second semi-auto that you have purchased that I am aware.
Me thinks your wheelies are gonna get jelly.  :rofl:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

drck1000

« Reply #1955 on: May 12, 2022, 09:49:43 AM »
so, I go to the gun store hoping to purchase the Vickers Tactical Springfield 1911 that I saw on IG.  but it sold in 1 day, i was too late
so on to plan B.  H&K 45 with night sights. I did not know it was also designed by Larry Vickers and Ken Hackathorn.  did not know this until after I bought it.
also did not know it has a Browning barrel lockup like a hi power and a barrel O ring, so it is very accurate.  hammer fired, decocker, external safety.  I like it!   :thumbsup:
also did not know the history of the gun until after too.  so It is a pretty badass gun.  plus I saved 500 bucks by buying this instead of the Vickers 1911.  maybe it was meant to be.   :shaka:
in case you don't know about the HK45:
SNIP
Oh no. . . not another HK fanboi. . .  :(  ;D

Just kidding! 

My first handgun was a HK USP 40 Compact.  Similar DNA.  I shot the HK45 quite a bit as well, but .45 ACP too pricey for me.  Maybe I can consider now as I am now reloading. . . :hmm:

stangzilla

« Reply #1956 on: May 12, 2022, 11:43:04 AM »
Uhhhhhm  ::)
Thats the second semi-auto that you have purchased that I am aware.
Me thinks your wheelies are gonna get jelly.  :rofl:

I still get more revolvers than semiauto's  :shaka:

stangzilla

« Reply #1957 on: May 12, 2022, 11:46:26 AM »

Just kidding! 

My first handgun was a HK USP 40 Compact.  Similar DNA.  I shot the HK45 quite a bit as well, but .45 ACP too pricey for me.  Maybe I can consider now as I am now reloading. . . :hmm:

The HK45 has been on my radar for a while just not at the top of my list. But who knows, I could become another HK fanboy.  If they ever make a 44magnum that could turn me to the dark side guarantee  :D

If I like this one, I might look for a HK compact or glock compact or sub compact

stangzilla

« Reply #1958 on: May 12, 2022, 11:52:10 AM »

Just kidding! 

I like shooting 45acp. Big ole slugs!   :shaka:

changemyoil66

« Reply #1959 on: May 12, 2022, 12:04:09 PM »
I like shooting 45acp. Big ole slugs!   :shaka:

U need a HK MK23.