***OFFICIAL 22 THREAD****** (Read 46925 times)

changemyoil66

***OFFICIAL 22 THREAD******
« on: February 20, 2019, 09:31:39 AM »
Anything 22 related.  Can be rifle, pistol, or even that 37MM 22 beehive round (mainland).

Post pics of your 22
Groupings
Plinking targets
Stories
Questions
FYI's
Ammo reviews/deals
Friendly competitions

Or anything else 22 LR related.

changemyoil66

Re: ***OFFICIAL 22 THREAD******
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 09:36:46 AM »
To start off, heres an old pic while i was ammo testing.  New to rimfire shooting. So learning lots

Ruger Precision Rimfire
50 yards
No rear bag
Top is Geco match
Bottom is CCI SV

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bushido

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 10:08:48 AM »
Bushido is present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

changemyoil66

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 10:21:42 AM »
Bushido is present.

vid of 3/16 inch.  And I'll post mine...of the 3/16 steel, not 3/16 head.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

changemyoil66

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 10:25:18 AM »
Oldie from a few months ago.

RPRR
50 yards
No rear bag
CCI-SV.

For me im more concerned about poa/poi vs. Rounds stacking. But the latter come with consistant poa/poi.

stangzilla

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 11:20:51 AM »
Ruger American Rimfire

Bushido

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 11:28:59 AM »
vid of 3/16 inch.  And I'll post mine...of the 3/16 steel, not 3/16 head.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I get old phone so hard to video. I'll let I take it and post it. I can not post pics from Tapatalk.

Nice rifle Stang!!

Bushido

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019, 11:30:45 AM »

For me im more concerned about poa/poi vs. Rounds stacking. But the latter come with consistant poa/poi.

Similar for me. I rarely shoot groups. Mostly for score or impact.

stangzilla

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2019, 12:32:15 PM »

Nice rifle Stang!!

thanks.  after handing over my 10/22 to my nephew, I needed a replacement.  I love to shoot this bolt action on the silhouette side.  hitting the small targets at 100m can still be challenging especially in the wind.  optic is a Primary Arms 22 scope fixed 7x magnification, with ACSS reticle which helps to adjust for the distance and wind
I could shoot this all day!   :shaka:

changemyoil66

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2019, 12:47:11 PM »
Since there is such a huge drop going from 50 to 100, do you guys just hold over or click the elevation knob?  I'm kind of lazy to keep clicking back and forth.  And Still new to 22 so I don't want to mess with the knobs to much.

stangzilla

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2019, 12:54:46 PM »
Since there is such a huge drop going from 50 to 100, do you guys just hold over or click the elevation knob?  I'm kind of lazy to keep clicking back and forth.  And Still new to 22 so I don't want to mess with the knobs to much.

my bolt action's optic has BDC on the reticle so I just use that.  I think it has adjustments out to 200 yards.  although its not dead on accurate with the reticle but it get me pretty darn close. 

Bushido

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2019, 01:07:13 PM »
I do both hold and dial. Using turrets is not a problem for me as I do it often for F T/R. For 22 using MIL zero at 50, hold 1 mil for 75y, 2.1 mil for 100 plus wind. Pretty easy if u have a good reticle. For MOA approx 2 1/4 moa for 75 and 7 1/4 for 100y. Dialing is way more precise if shooting very small targets.

Bushido

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2019, 01:30:26 PM »
I'm waiting on 556fun to get me access to private land so we can shoot way further.

luckydog1

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2019, 01:32:08 PM »
This thread is fascinating.  Any other rifle/scope combo recs othe than Stang's handsome Ruger?  Trying to decide on a CZ or Savage but leaning toward the Savage because of price and some "target" features that can be packaged.  Heard any feedback on accuracy?  Thanks.  And, oh, what size are those circle targets? :shaka:

Bushido

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2019, 01:47:52 PM »
This thread is fascinating.  Any other rifle/scope combo recs othe than Stang's handsome Ruger?  Trying to decide on a CZ or Savage but leaning toward the Savage because of price and some "target" features that can be packaged.  Heard any feedback on accuracy?  Thanks.  And, oh, what size are those circle targets? :shaka:

IMO you need to be very honest on your accuracy expectations. If benchrest accuracy is what you want, buy a high end rifle and feed it high end ammo. For me I have several rifles. The 2 I shoot the most is a Savage with a GM 10/22 barrel on it and a Kidd barreled 10/22. They both shoot very well and has held it's own in many online and local matches. I may be building a CZ in the future. With that said if money was no object, but it is, I would want a custom 40x like Nakas.

changemyoil66

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2019, 02:05:28 PM »

The white and black paper is the size of a thumb tac, it's called "tac-driver" or something.

The black and red, the red is about a nickle.

I'll post pics of the optic and rifle set up when I get home.

changemyoil66

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2019, 02:11:49 PM »
IMO you need to be very honest on your accuracy expectations. If benchrest accuracy is what you want, buy a high end rifle and feed it high end ammo. For me I have several rifles. The 2 I shoot the most is a Savage with a GM 10/22 barrel on it and a Kidd barreled 10/22. They both shoot very well and has held it's own in many online and local matches. I may be building a CZ in the future. With that said if money was no object, but it is, I would want a custom 40x like Nakas.

^^^This, I'm learning quickly the limitations of my $375 rifle (mainland price).  But for the price and cheap ammo I'm shooting, I'm happy. 

My whole reason to getting into 22 was the cheap ammo.  So to buy the more high end stuff, defeats it's purpose.  But I do have boxes of the good stuff saved for friendly competitions.  I'm pake.

The wife is in the planning phase to building a KIDD.  Her budget would probably be in the $1200 range without optic.  And guess who's paying for that....This guy (thumbs pointed inward).  She so far has decided on a KIDD action, match barrel, and single stage trigger.  Brownell's receiver.  Still looking for cool looking stocks, Vudoo was to expensive.

Bushido

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2019, 02:13:01 PM »
Oh and I will add that I bought a different Savage many many years ago with a 3-9 from a LGS. I shot 10k plus rounds a year and basically taught myself how to shoot accurately. Breathing, natural point of aim, trigger control, etc... So much fun. Still have that Savage too and it still drives tacks.

Bushido

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2019, 02:59:57 PM »
1200 for rifle is a lot!! I don't have that much in mines.

I like NRL22 where they have the Base Class and Open Class. They restrict the rifle and optic price for the Base Class. That way someone can have fun and be competitive without spending a ton of money. I do believe that is one reason their series is blowing up across the country. Shooter's ability can take you far in Rimfire PRS.

In Rimfire benchrest, you can't compete without a significant investment in rifle, optics and equipment. Not to mention ammo.

Platinum808

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2019, 04:30:22 PM »
My only 22 I own looking to get the nikon prostaff 4x12 soon

Oh ignorant youth, the world is not a joyous place. The time has come for you to dispense with the frivolous pleasures of childhood and get down to honest toil until you are sixty-five. Then and only then can you relax and collect your social security and live happily until the time of your death!

-Hunter S. Thompson