How's the line at HPD? (Read 960565 times)

ImKu

Re: How's the line at HPD?
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2012, 03:40:49 PM »
stupid, panic buying....it is free market system.

For the record I purchased my custom made gun way before the election.  I'm just going to pick it up soon.  Since I'm the OP I feel as if your insinuating that I panic bought, not the case.  I bought it cuz I wanted it.  Now this thread turned into something that someone else can start their own thread about.

:closed:
The mind acts like an enemy for those who do not control it.
- Bhagavad Gita

ren

« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2012, 05:56:47 PM »
For the record I purchased my custom made gun way before the election.  I'm just going to pick it up soon.  Since I'm the OP I feel as if your insinuating that I panic bought, not the case.  I bought it cuz I wanted it.  Now this thread turned into something that someone else can start their own thread about.

:closed:
no, I didn't mean to insult you in any way, I meant it as sarcastic as I bought something after the election and also submitted my NRA life membership. What I bought was something I planned for next year and I was optimistic that Romney would have won with no gun control issues on the horizon. I wrote that last post in defense of all this buying - the free market we enjoy :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 02:42:56 PM by ren »
Deeds Not Words

DuckFat

« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2012, 07:01:23 PM »
I plan on taking advantage of and low balling him
gay.
What do you have against teabagging....wait, huh?
What if rhinos are just fat unicorns?

ren

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2012, 08:04:29 AM »
Friday Nov 16 at about 245 pm. Finally done at 330 pm. Line was to the door when I got there.
I also realized that firearms registration works...I did not see any criminals. Despite the wait by what appeared to be law abiding citizens, the people around me were very well behaved and courteous. No one tried to bum rush the line or attempt to rob, steal or act in any violent way that would break the laws set forth by our great legislators.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 03:47:32 PM by ren »
Deeds Not Words

GreenStomper

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2012, 02:17:45 PM »
I went on Thursday the 15 around 3:15, found a parking spot right in front of HPD.(lucky me!) Walk in to the firearms unit, line was to the door. Waited for 20 minutes, and then an announcement was made. No parking on the street after 3:30. I walked out to the car and there is an officer writing a ticket. (lucky me)  ::) After opened the door and placing the rifle inside, I waited for what was coming. The officer said not to worry about it, he hadn't called the tow wagon yet.  :worship:
 I must have said said thank you about three times, moved the car. 
Came back at 3:50 and the door was locked. Luckily the guy with the keys left me back in once he knew what happened. All said and done, I walked out a little past 4:30, last registration of the day.  :geekdanc:
I took off from work early, paid for parking (twice), stood in line for over an hour, and got all the looks for packing a rifle case to and from  the furthest underground paring area. The wife's Christmas present is now registered,whew!
Time to buy Christmas present and make sure things go smoother.
God, guns, and guts made America. Let's keep all three!

BananaClip

« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2012, 04:45:16 PM »
Is it crowded between 8am-9am? I know that everytime I've gone between that time there's 3 people or less.....

I havent gone after the elections between 8am-9am so I wonder if it's crowded at that time as well...
"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth"- Genesis1:1 KJV

"The Truth Shall Set You Free"

"Once Blind But Now i See"

GreenStomper

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2012, 04:57:17 PM »
Been a mad house from what Ive heard. No good times to go. The officer behind the glass told me to come earlier next time? I got off work early and barely made it as it was.  It's hard to make it when the firearms unit works the same hours you do. No weekends either.....
God, guns, and guts made America. Let's keep all three!

ren

« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2012, 05:29:18 PM »
Is it crowded between 8am-9am? I know that everytime I've gone between that time there's 3 people or less.....

I havent gone after the elections between 8am-9am so I wonder if it's crowded at that time as well...

it is much busier now
Deeds Not Words

TastesLikeMetal

« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2012, 09:39:18 PM »
OGC was pretty packed today, Carter mentioned lots of people picking up AR's.

sound wave

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • 1,540 meters per second
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2012, 10:39:35 AM »
Line is really crazy today.  I intended to go earlier, but I couldn't wake up.  Line is out to the security checkpoint.

Bigkahuna808

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • "He's got the eye of the Jew"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2012, 10:51:07 AM »
Never go on a.Monday especially after the gun show.  I usually wait to wed thurs

drck1000

« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2012, 11:02:38 AM »
Never go on a.Monday especially after the gun show.  I usually wait to wed thurs
Yeah.  Lots of people probably shopping for or picking up their guns over the weekend.  I stopped by WGS yesterday and it was PACKED!!! 

Have to also figure that lots of people taking time off this week too for the short holiday week.  If HPD firearms division is open Friday, watch out!   :o

Bigkahuna808

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • "He's got the eye of the Jew"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2012, 11:23:15 AM »
I was planning on buying a gun Friday.  I figured that all the guys would be being dragged around by their wives shopping since they spent money on guns this month now it's their turn

drck1000

« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2012, 11:50:37 AM »
I was planning on buying a gun Friday.  I figured that all the guys would be being dragged around by their wives shopping since they spent money on guns this month now it's their turn
I bought a gun on a Black Friday sale last year at OGC.  I'll keep an eye out for good Black Friday sales, but I'm "good" for now (I spent all my gun fund for a while already). 

fstbckgt

« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2012, 12:49:38 PM »
Line has been way out the door all day. About 2 hours in and out

flaboy808

« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2012, 02:00:50 PM »

Don't tell them the secret.  Now it'll be crowded on wednesdays and thursdays too.   ;D
The Supreme Court has ruled that you, as an individual, have no right to protection by the police. Their only obligation is to protect "society".

Kingkeoni

« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2012, 03:48:48 PM »
Registration is bullshit
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

ren

« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2012, 03:49:59 PM »
Registration is bullshit
Not true. It works. I didn't see any criminals get arrested. All I saw were dutiful, law-abiding citizens :thumbsup:
Deeds Not Words

Kingkeoni

« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2012, 06:57:06 AM »
Went yesterday, the line was 15 deep out the door and packed in the door.

Refused to stand in that line.

Today at 6:55am, not open yet and already 4 people in line.
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Kingkeoni

« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2012, 07:35:48 AM »
7:35am 15 people in line.