Hpd bodycam footage (Read 5194 times)

Platinum808

Oh ignorant youth, the world is not a joyous place. The time has come for you to dispense with the frivolous pleasures of childhood and get down to honest toil until you are sixty-five. Then and only then can you relax and collect your social security and live happily until the time of your death!

-Hunter S. Thompson

omnigun

Re: Hpd bodycam footage
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 07:47:12 PM »
Hpd did not identify them selves could that be a factor in this case?

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2021/04/16/live-hpd-holds-news-conference-release-body-cam-footage-fatal-officer-involved-shooting/?outputType=amp

The guy had 100% chance to see them. Even if he didn't see the flashing lights he definitely saw the uniforms.  Don't think he had any excuses.  Looks like he was on drugs. 

hvybarrels

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 07:58:29 PM »
Big fellah moving aggressively and fast is definitely a candidate for the room temperature challenge, but police did not announce themselves until after.

Pop....pop pop pop....... "Police!"

More than a little awkward
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

hvybarrels

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 07:59:01 PM »
I feel sorry for everyone involved
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

bass monkey

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 09:07:05 PM »
I noticed they never identified themselves either until afterwards.
Didn't see any flashing vehicle lights in the background as well.

Just a whole bunch of yelling & shining their flashlights at the guy.

Sounds like 2 officers discharge their weapon

Heavies

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2021, 09:47:06 PM »
Doesn't really matter in my eyes.  The guy charged and started beating on them.  They attempted to tazer him, then finally had to shoot when he attempted to smash the 1st officers skull.  Could have been any of us trying out help out a frantic neighbor.  Good shoot IMO.. 

aaronc5362

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2021, 10:01:29 PM »
He had the oppurtunity to stop assualting the officers. He knew. Besides if the dumbass wasnt there to begin with, none of this wouldve happened.

A married man, father of 2(?),  Robbing people. Stupid shit got what he deserved.

1 less fuckturd causing mayhem and hurting people.

And if he was kn drugs, thats no excuse. He had a family to look out for and yet he decided to put himself first. Fuckin pathetic

ren

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2021, 10:09:12 PM »
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2021/04/15/widow-man-fatally-shot-by-police-tries-piece-together-his-final-moments/

“In Zulu culture you can go to anyone’s house. You can knock on anyone’s door. It doesn’t matter if it’s 8 o’clock it’s not a big deal,” she said. “Neighbor are neighbors. "

So we have to understand another country's culture to live in our own???

https://www.kitv.com/story/43673389/he-was-gentle-and-loving-wife-remembers-29yearold-lindani-myeni-who-was-shot-killed-by-hpd-officers

“He was gentle and loving and the best father and husband I could’ve asked for. There’s no reason this should have happened. I’m white and I guarantee he would not have been shot had he been white. The White House bomber is still loose but my husband is dead. This is ridiculous,” his wife said.

White House bomber???
Deeds Not Words

Brystont1

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2021, 10:10:31 PM »
Seen on Hawaii viral feed that the guy was training kickboxing. You can hear the guys striking cadence as he’s beating on the officers. If he was some sort of amateur/professional fighter don’t they have to register there hands?

omnigun

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2021, 10:20:06 PM »
He had the oppurtunity to stop assualting the officers. He knew. Besides if the dumbass wasnt there to begin with, none of this wouldve happened.

A married man, father of 2(?),  Robbing people. Stupid shit got what he deserved.

1 less fuckturd causing mayhem and hurting people.

And if he was kn drugs, thats no excuse. He had a family to look out for and yet he decided to put himself first. Fuckin pathetic

Being a criminal hard job.  Gotta feed da fam at the expense of others. He was a good boy.  Low workspace safety and potential for extra early permanent retirement.  :rofl:

Though to be serious, if you do crime accept the consequences.  Not a good idea to try and kill cops.

zippz

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2021, 01:12:42 AM »
This is my take on what happened.  This is going to turn into a sad story for all parties.  It looks like he was under a lot of stress and went into the house to talk to the neighbor which could be customary in his culture.  It doesn't look like he had bad intent from him taking his shoes off and leaving the home.  Got more frustrated that they chased him out and no one cares.  He appeared to talk to one of the officers at the beginning so it'll be interesting what they talked about.
When the second officer appeared with the gun it tipped him over the edge and just raged all out, almost like a suicide by cop but those people don't usually hurt officers to the extent this guy did.

The not announcing "police" isn't an issue cause he was with a police officer at the beginning and he should've clearly seen the uniforms during the fight.  The officers conduct was reasonable given the burglary call, hysterical home owner, and he was a ripped guy.  The officers did everything they could do before shooting him.  It was a good shoot, but I'm sure the wife isn't telling the whole story and the background to this will be sad.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

QUIETShooter

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2021, 06:34:46 AM »
How long was this couple married?  Why didn't his wife at least brief him that you just don't walk or attempt to go into someone's house just because it's ok back where he's from.

That can get him killed.

And sadly, indirectly, it did.

I dunno.  All I know is that if I'm gonna move to your country, I'd do a little homework as to how things work over there.  Just me.

And oh, by the way, being a prince back where you're from don't mean shit here.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

luckydog1

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2021, 06:39:10 AM »
Important point is that if you disrespect the police, do not comply, attack aggressively with mal intent you will get capped.  Period.  This is being marginalized especially in race hate areas on the mainland.  Pray it doesn't spread to Hawaii.  Good shoot, unfortunately.

Platinum808

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2021, 06:51:09 AM »
The police need to have the lights on to identify them self! Back in the day a couple girls were murdered and they only found them pull over on the side of the road! They never caught the person it was believed to be a police officers with his lights off or someone impersonating one
Oh ignorant youth, the world is not a joyous place. The time has come for you to dispense with the frivolous pleasures of childhood and get down to honest toil until you are sixty-five. Then and only then can you relax and collect your social security and live happily until the time of your death!

-Hunter S. Thompson

changemyoil66

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2021, 09:03:07 AM »
It appears he was already talking to a cop, but he wasnt. That cop just arrived on scene. Kitchens used a lightener to see the dark vid more clearly.

His wife is a moron and going full BLM/cream of white on the situation. No wonder she lawyered up so fast.

Then more morons supporting her on fb.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ren

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2021, 10:46:04 AM »
some people screaming "justice"
some want an OSHA for criminals  :crazy: :crazy:
Deeds Not Words

oldfart

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2021, 12:19:04 PM »
Show picture of the cop with the broken face.

that should shut the stoopids up
That's why being a cop is so tough nowadays.
You shoot too fast,  you get screwed by the Monday morning quarterbacks.
You shoot too slow, you get screwed by the perp.
I wanna see the tox screen
What, Me Worry?

AmbuBadger

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2021, 04:05:58 PM »
Yeah, all the "he's a gentle giant" crowd just seems to gloss over the fact three grown men with training couldn't stop him with the first bullet and a Taser, and our politicians will still insist we royal subjects have no justification for semi-auto rifle ownership. Five bucks says his wife has a GoFundMe page set up too.

mrgaf

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2021, 05:19:22 PM »
I don’t care for HPD much but in this case the shit stick got what he deserved.  :thumbsup:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

ren

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2021, 06:24:57 PM »
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2021/04/17/wake-deadly-police-shootings-dozens-gather-waikiki-call-justice/

Justice!
Because a stranger walking into your own home is perfectly fine! :crazy:
Deeds Not Words