Passing... (Read 5174 times)

mrgaf

Passing...
« on: December 26, 2016, 12:20:21 PM »
Well as much my wife and I hated to do it, we sent our English Cocker Hanako to the rainbow bridge this morning at 10:37 am. She was 15 1/2 years old. We contacted Arms of Aloha last week to make the arrangements for today. Although heart wrenching, she passed very peacefully. First got her at 7 months and was the love of our life. So funny though, in death she looked just like that little puppy I bought home long ago. The last few years of her life she suffered from horrific skin disease which was quite painful but she "did her thing" in spite of it. The last two years the leasions consumed her neck, belly, mouth and two of her feet. She lost two toes to amputation about this time last year and we almost lost her. In her typical fashion she overcame it and moved on but we could see she was on a quick decline. She became incontinent and had a lot of trouble walking. He ladinos became infected and necroptic and after an unbelievable amount of time with the vet over the past four years, we decided enough is enough and sent her home to be with her brother who passed in 2004. Her remains will be privately cremated and returned to us Wednesday. A piece of my wife's and my heart went with her today and we know that her and Kona will be waiting for us when we cross the bridge...
Sorry about the length of this post but I just needed to do it... thanks for being so patient. 😢 :(
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 12:48:23 PM by mrgaf »
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

changemyoil66

Re: Passing...
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 12:48:51 PM »
The only time i saw my dad cry was when our beagle died.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

passivekinetic

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 01:12:41 PM »
Sorry for your loss.

Only pet owners will understand these little lives are part of our families.
"The sheep fear sheepdogs, because they fail to see the wolves."
- Anonymous

myanmar1

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 04:40:27 PM »
May she comfort you in your thoughts and dreams.
“Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!” — Benjamin Franklin

k2man

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 05:40:45 PM »
Very sorry for the loss of your wonderful puppy. It is a sad time and a lot of us have been there and totally understand your feelings. You will always have the memories of the wonderful times you've had together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inspector

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2016, 05:43:41 PM »
I'm sorry for your loss. I lost two pets within a year before we moved to the Big Island. It was harder for me to deal with than the loss of some human family members. I swore we wouldn't get another but my wife was home alone all day because she couldn't find a job and wanted a companion. I agreed and now we have this cat that has become the same for us as your dog did for you. I know I'll be a basket case when she passes.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

dogman

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2016, 07:37:27 PM »
Your post shows how much you cared for your pup. She had a long great family life and you did what was best for her, I feel your loss, remember the good times.

aieahound

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2016, 07:54:18 PM »
She had a long, loved life and that's really all you can ask for.

One of the hardest things I ever did was help my last dog to the other side.
But you kind of know when it's time.

Thoughts and feelings are with you.
As Dogman said, cherish the good times.

oldfart

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2016, 08:04:00 PM »
Sorry for your loss. I got my first dog 2 years ago and now I understand how attached you can get.

What, Me Worry?

whynow?

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2016, 10:27:08 PM »
Sorry for your family's loss of a loved pet.  All good and loved pets go though that Rainbow Bridge in the end.

Heavies

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2016, 03:45:14 AM »
Our pets really are  apart of the family and become as children to us.  It is always very difficult to lose our BEST friends. Thank you for posting and very sorry for your loss.

bikercarl

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2016, 02:15:22 PM »
Aloha mrgaf,

Sorry to read of you and your family's recent loss.  Had to put one of my furry family down earlier this year and another a few year prior.  Doesn't get easier with time, but it's true testament to how much these furry family members mean to us (and vice versa)!  Hang in there!

Malama!
BikerCarl

mrgaf

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2016, 07:22:27 PM »
Just to give you all an update... will be picking up our little girl's ashes tomorrow in Kailua. The house seems so empty now but time will heal the heart.
Thanks to each and every one of you for your kind words, support and encouragement. Believe me it REALLY helped....
Have a wonderful New Years and may Jesus bless you and yours always....
Attached is a picture of Hanako taken 9/2015
Mahalo
Gil
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 09:20:44 PM by mrgaf »
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.