AR15 conversion complete (Read 6578 times)

mosin nagant

AR15 conversion complete
« on: September 18, 2017, 07:58:55 PM »
I ended up just purchasing a complete ar15 upper chambered for the 7.62/39 round. It was just to cost effective to pass up as it was only $199 for the complete upper, $24.99 for the mil spec carry handle with adjustable sights and another $63.78 for shipping from classic firearms. The brand is Bear Creek arsenal which appears to be pretty good looking and feels durable .I am very happy with my purchase. I also upgraded the trigger to a fostech gen ll trigger so all I'm waiting for is the gun show to purchase some ammo and mags. Thanks to all the 2A members who gave me advice thanks again. I will post more after going to the range. Aloha These are really nice, function tested, and ready to drop in to any AR-15 lower and start firing...

Upper is machined from 7075-T6 forgings that are hard coat anodized for wear and scratch resistance meeting MIL SPEC.

Barrels drilled, reamed and buttoned from 4140, 4150 Chrome Moly, Chrome Moly Vanadium per MIL –B-11595E or 416 stainless gun quality steel then stress relieved prior to contouring and chambering.

Twist rate is 1 in 10. The barrels are chambered in the highly desireable 7.62 X 39 Caliber

The head space is set and the barrel is tested for straightness using a 6” drop pin gage.

The steel barrel assemblies are Parkerized to eliminate rusting. Bolts machined from tool steel, hardened and tempered to provide maximum wear characteristics then Parkerized to eliminate rusting.

Bolt carriers machined from 8620 gun quality steel, heat treated and tempered to maximize strength and wear characteristics then Parkerized to eliminate rusting. These work great with our complete lowers...

The barrels on these are made from 4140 cold rolled steel and are rated at a barrel life of approximately 150,000 rounds. They are very top end.

They are not chrome lined as most AR-'s are not. Chrome lining on modern rifles is typically used where there is a high probability of corrosive ammo being used such as AK type rifles chambered for foreign calibers.  Since chrome lining may slightly affect accuracy, and since most AR-15 rifles are designed with accuracy as a benchmark, and since virtually all 7.62X39 is non corrosive...most AR manufacturers do not chrome line barrels.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 08:21:28 PM by mosin nagant »

stangzilla

Re: AR15 conversion complete
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 08:06:53 AM »
nice.  that's a great price. 
let us know how it shoots.   :thumbsup:

rklapp

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 08:32:28 AM »
Looks like fun. I'm guessing it's .308" barrel?

https://www.classicfirearms.com/accessories/?cat=37

I would buy more from CF but their S&H is ridiculous. I finally broke down and bought a VEPR from them last year.
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

Inspector

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 07:22:50 AM »
I would appreciate a range report or two as I am looking for another upper to play around with. Thanks!  :shaka: :shaka: :shaka:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

rpoL98

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 12:22:01 PM »
nvm...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 10:39:39 PM by rpoL98 »

onewaymedia

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 08:55:49 PM »
 :shaka:
I also got a Bear Creek 7.62 upper.  I haven’t had any issues with it.   I’m also using ACS mags.   Shooting wolf ammo it fires every time.  I have brass reloads that I’m working on that fell to eject properly, but the bolt does cycle and tries to load the next round.  It might need a hotter charge. 

Shooting at 100 yards my grouping was pretty good in a kneeling stance.

Got my upper on sale at primary arms... ;D

Steven C. Hebert

Build, then use the he'll out of them,
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2018, 07:19:49 PM »
Big island 1-9 twist, good to 72gr. Stay under 3200, 1.8" group @ 100 bench, breath, slid finger down front of trigger gard, 2 Lb..trigger, ten chicken, ten, pig,
 ten Turkey, nine Rams no one is perfect.
Let's shoot, Hunter pistol, pistol cartridge, lever action, NRA. I, Shoot. 32-20,
 357 mag Rifle, 06,:22lr..if comes out of a pistol shoot it,  lever, tube feed, steel or optic on pistols rifles iron. 
¿¿   When ?? Our Island or Yours.???
Help us get a cheap lease on the big island,  Hoping to starting a
 100% NRA, Club,  here Two ranges one on each end of island.
Steve,
Naalehu, Hi.96772-0974

6716J

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 11:45:47 AM »
How are the BCA uppers working for you all? Primary Arms in Houston seems to have some pretty good prices.

https://www.primaryarms.com/1+Upper-Barreled-Assemblies,Upper-Complete-Assemblies/Brand+Bear-Creek-Arsenal
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

O3A3man

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2018, 01:27:16 PM »
Good to see you got one complete upper. I built mine from discrete parts. Barrel should be stamped   .310 somewhere in it. If you did not get a chrome chamber then I would not shoot the junk laquer coated steel case ammo through it---it sticks when it gets dirty and causes hard extraction which may break your extractor.  I had this happen to me so I only shoot either brass case 7.62X39 or "Silver Bear" or "Golden Bear" Russian ammo which is tin plated or copper plated cases repectively.  I only could only find plastic 10 rd mags for mine.
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"

Thomas Jefferson

tim808

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2018, 09:54:38 PM »
I ordered a 7.62x39 mlok upper directly from bca and received a keymod version which isn’t even listed on their site.

They sent me a version which the on line shops sell.

I emailed their warranty dept twice and haven’t heard from them yet.   Guess I’m stuck with it.  It was $199 shipped

It appears to be 7.62x39.  I put a 7.62x39 round in the chamber but I still want to remove the rail and check the caliber marking on the barrel.  The screw heads look like a hybrid between an Allen and a torx.  Anyone know what it is?

Edit
It was a torx head on the screw.  Guess I never dealt with one that large before.

Took off the rail and found the barrel is marked 7.62x39.  It would have sent a chill down my back if it weren’t.  I never tried to verify the caliber of uppers I received in the past....I would just shoot it.

BCA finally got a return shipping label for UPS today - Sunday.  I emailed them on Wednesday.  Four days isn’t too bad but a bit longer than the 24 hours on their site.  That said, it is the 2 most craziest weeks of the year for retail so it is understandable.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 09:45:30 AM by tim808 »