22 SK Red Box (Read 11551 times)

changemyoil66

Re: 22 SK Red Box
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2019, 10:22:04 AM »
"oil slick" AR parts?  "crazy rainbow galaxy cosmic psychedelic purple haze oil slick multi color eye-catching finish" 

Seems purely cosmetic.  If it keeps the wifey interested, then  :thumbsup:  But seems like a lot of $$$ for a cosmetic finish.  I don't see many of those parts being really noticeable.  But again, if happy wife = more guns for husband, then right on!

Spend around $1800 on her current AR with the Stingrey Guncandy Cerakote.  It's not even a Noveske or DD.

But like you said happy wife=more guns for husband.

And maybe since she will have 2 AR's now she can pay for ammo.

drck1000

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2019, 10:29:42 AM »
Spend around $1800 on her current AR with the Stingrey Guncandy Cerakote.  It's not even a Noveske or DD.

But like you said happy wife=more guns for husband.

And maybe since she will have 2 AR's now she can pay for ammo.
Holy shitballs!  $1800 on just the gun?  Or including optic and other stuff?

$1800 is about 4-5 cases of ammo, so she can look forward to a new "oil slick" barrel for her first AR when she shoots the barrel out.    ;D

changemyoil66

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2019, 12:27:24 PM »
Holy shitballs!  $1800 on just the gun?  Or including optic and other stuff?

$1800 is about 4-5 cases of ammo, so she can look forward to a new "oil slick" barrel for her first AR when she shoots the barrel out.    ;D

Includes $165 SIG Romero 5 red dot.

Direjackalope

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2019, 12:58:47 PM »
Just be glad it isn’t shoes are hand bags. High five!

changemyoil66

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2019, 01:10:57 PM »

HELL YEAH!!!!

Met a guy who told me everytime he buys a new gun, he has to buy his wife a new bag.  Like LV, Channel, etc...So a $1500 gun cost him $4K+ right off the bat.

drck1000

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2019, 01:14:03 PM »
True that!  He can use her ARs or handguns.  Well, maybe he can use her shoes and handbags too. . .

changemyoil66

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2019, 02:18:13 PM »
True that!  He can use her ARs or handguns.  Well, maybe he can use her shoes and handbags too. . .

Don't assume my gender. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bushido

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2019, 07:04:54 PM »
"oil slick" AR parts?  "crazy rainbow galaxy cosmic psychedelic purple haze oil slick multi color eye-catching finish" 

Seems purely cosmetic.  If it keeps the wifey interested, then  :thumbsup:  But seems like a lot of $$$ for a cosmetic finish.  I don't see many of those parts being really noticeable.  But again, if happy wife = more guns for husband, then right on!

She's kind of into lavender and purple stuff. Just a little bit.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bushido

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2019, 08:39:03 PM »
Kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Build a dedicated rimfire AR rifle with all those bling parts. I can hook you up with the right guy to get the low down on conversions.

changemyoil66

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2019, 09:01:40 AM »
Kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Build a dedicated rimfire AR rifle with all those bling parts. I can hook you up with the right guy to get the low down on conversions.

That was a thought,but she's looking for more of a tac drier so she can shoot with us.  And she would want to take the classes with her oil slick.

drck1000

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2019, 03:33:38 PM »
That was a thought,but she's looking for more of a tac drier so she can shoot with us.  And she would want to take the classes with her oil slick.
Building her a tack driver?  You were probably better off buying her purple shoes and handbags. . .  ;D

changemyoil66

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2019, 11:26:57 AM »
Building her a tack driver?  You were probably better off buying her purple shoes and handbags. . .  ;D

She get those already.  Along with lavender pillows, curtains, water jug, RANGE BAG & AMMO CANS.  But at least I know which bag and can is mine. :rofl:

Heavies

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2019, 10:25:43 PM »
I've heard Wolf Match Target is the same thing as SK Match.  Seems to shoot the same in my rifle, which is very very good... 

Bushido

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2019, 09:53:56 PM »
I've heard Wolf Match Target is the same thing as SK Match.  Seems to shoot the same in my rifle, which is very very good...

Wolf was produced by Lapua as is SK. Wolf in now produced by Eley. In my small testing, it is just as good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heavies

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2019, 06:54:36 PM »
Wolf was produced by Lapua as is SK. Wolf in now produced by Eley. In my small testing, it is just as good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting.  I've heard (old lots) all the same, just different levels of sorting, and of course, price. 

Bushido

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2019, 07:12:05 PM »
Interesting.  I've heard (old lots) all the same, just different levels of sorting, and of course, price.

Being that both SK and Wolf were made at Lapua's factory, it has been said the Wolf Match Target was the same as SK Standard Plus (Yellow). Wolf Match Extra was supposedly the same as SK Rifle Match (Red). I can not confirm that but it has been reported by some very reputable people. Although they both were produced at Lapua, they were not produced on the same line/machines that the Lapua brands were on. Lapua's lot numbers show the exact velocity of the lot in meters per second as well as other information such as the line/machine that it was produced on. I'm not certain if the same can be said about the Wolf and/or SK line.

changemyoil66

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2019, 09:03:22 AM »
Damn getting super complicated. 

Bushido

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2019, 07:47:50 PM »
Damn getting super complicated.

"Second place is the first place loser"!!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Just kidding!! What can I say, 22lr precision shooting is in my blood. Too bad my bank account can not keep up. Either way, I have a helluva time everytime I do get to shoot 22lr.

Bushido

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2019, 07:59:29 PM »

Let me know when you can shoot. I will tell my friend and you can see what a properly built AR 22lr dedicated upper can do. His recent build will blow your mind. He has at least 2 others. Warning: it is not cheap by any stretch of the word. YOLO

WTF?Shane

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2019, 10:48:47 PM »
Let me know when you can shoot. I will tell my friend and you can see what a properly built AR 22lr dedicated upper can do. His recent build will blow your mind. He has at least 2 others. Warning: it is not cheap by any stretch of the word. YOLO

Is this Kevin? If so, tell him I have something he is looking for.