New Records Management System for Permits?? (Read 25293 times)

MuffinMan

New Records Management System for Permits??
« on: January 04, 2016, 10:15:31 AM »
This notice was posted today.  Great......... ??? :wtf:
It's the 'other problems' that worries me.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 10:33:53 AM by MuffinMan »

ren

Re: New Records Management System for Permits??
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 10:33:24 AM »
Yup. Amazon Cloud services will be handling all our records for firearms now...
just kidding.
Wouldn't that be awesome.
Online permitting
Deeds Not Words

MuffinMan

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 10:35:50 AM »
just kidding.
Online permitting

I am sure it would be better than anything the city or state could come up with..... :geekdanc:

dustoff003

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 11:00:34 AM »
Maybe the Hawaii Health Connector people are designing a new record keeping system for them.

stangzilla

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 11:05:40 AM »
maybe now they'll try filing the records away in a place where they can find it
instead of losing them

GZire

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 11:10:20 AM »
just kidding.
Online permitting

The way the C&C runs they would screw it up and make our personal information available for any tom, dick, and harry.

suka

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 11:19:31 AM »
yeah

spend more of tax payer money.
I hope the City and State goes bankrupt like Cali.

Pit808

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 11:58:33 AM »
I went this morning and the line wasn't moving AT ALL.  Not one person registering or applying got processed in the 45 min I stood in line.  Cop said they had a new paperless system starting today and were having glitches.  I said F*ck it and walked out.  I'll wait for them to get their shit together and try again in a couple weeks.  :wacko:
chitty chitty bang bang.......

mauidog

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2016, 12:15:33 PM »
I went this morning and the line wasn't moving AT ALL.  Not one person registering or applying got processed in the 45 min I stood in line.  Cop said they had a new paperless system starting today and were having glitches.  I said F*ck it and walked out.  I'll wait for them to get their shit together and try again in a couple weeks.  :wacko:

If I remember, there are supposed to be comment forms at the table by the entrance. 

We should all be filling those out, especially now that there are system changes impacting customer service negatively.

If you don't complain in writing , they will report "no formal customer complaints received during the transition."
An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.   -- Jeff Cooper

Q

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2016, 01:52:10 PM »

A friend went today (first timer), saw the line and said "fck that noise", then left.

Most people don't have time for this kind of BS

MuffinMan

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2016, 02:07:38 PM »
If anyone (on this forum) is in line please recruit for HRA & HDF while waiting.  I hear the line is out past the main entrance. Just think if all those people signed up to be members. :shaka: :thumbsup:

Inspector

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2016, 02:10:45 PM »
I have a stoopid question. Is HPD keeping sales records as well as registration records? They do insist we tell them from where or whom we purchased the firearm from. If they put this sort of information (sales records) into a database is this not illegal? Last I remember it is illegal for the Federal Government to do it. Is my memory failing me? Or is it okay for states/counties/cities to keep this sort of record but not the Feds?
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

MuffinMan

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2016, 02:17:20 PM »
Is HPD keeping sales records as well as registration records? They do insist we tell them from where or whom we purchased the firearm from. If they put this sort of information (sales records) into a database is this not illegal? Last I remember it is illegal for the Federal Government to do it. Is my memory failing me?

All of my permits have the name of whom I purchased them from. (I only have Hawaii permits)

dustoff003

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2016, 02:30:22 PM »

I have a stoopid question. Is HPD keeping sales records as well as registration records? They do insist we tell them from where or whom we purchased the firearm from. If they put this sort of information (sales records) into a database is this not illegal? Last I remember it is illegal for the Federal Government to do it. Is my memory failing me? Or is it okay for states/counties/cities to keep this sort of record but not the Feds?
the dealers have to register the firearms to themselves so HPD asks who/where you got your firearm from so they know where to go to get the record on file from and transfer the firearm along to you

Inspector

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2016, 02:46:34 PM »
All of my permits have the name of whom I purchased them from. (I only have Hawaii permits)

Quote from: dustoff003
the dealers have to register the firearms to themselves so HPD asks who/where you got your firearm from so they know where to go to get the record on file from and transfer the firearm along to you

I thank you for your answers. But is not what I was asking. I found what I was thinking about:

The Firearm Owners' Protection Act of 1986 basically says:

"No such rule or regulation prescribed [by the Attorney General] after the date of the enactment of the Firearms Owners Protection Act may require that records required to be maintained under this chapter or any portion of the contents of such records, be recorded at or transferred to a facility owned, managed, or controlled by the United States or any State or any political subdivision thereof, nor that any system of registration of firearms, firearms owners, or firearms transactions or disposition be established. Nothing in this section expands or restricts the Secretary's authority to inquire into the disposition of any firearm in the course of a criminal investigation."

So basically, the way I read this is that HPD cannot put together a database of sales records (or registration records either). Am I wrong about this? Am I interpreting this incorrectly?
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

Q

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2016, 02:51:09 PM »
I thank you for your answers. But is not what I was asking. I found what I was thinking about:

"No such rule or regulation prescribed [by the Attorney General] after the date of the enactment of the Firearms Owners Protection Act may require that records required to be maintained under this chapter or any portion of the contents of such records, be recorded at or transferred to a facility owned, managed, or controlled by the United States or any State or any political subdivision thereof, nor that any system of registration of firearms, firearms owners, or firearms transactions or disposition be established. Nothing in this section expands or restricts the Secretary's authority to inquire into the disposition of any firearm in the course of a criminal investigation."

So basically, the way I read this is that HPD cannot put together a database of sales records (or registration records either). Am I wrong about this? Am I interpreting this incorrectly?

We would have to take them to court, and we all know how that goes.

dafrtknocker

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2016, 03:13:38 PM »
HPD put the notice up on their website also.

http://www.honolulupd.org/information/index.php?page=gunmain

rustyeleio

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2016, 04:31:54 PM »
They must be transitioning to that new Federal Background Check System (Affordable Gun Care Act) that Obama enacted secretly through executive action while playing the back 9 at the Klipper coarse in KBay last week. ;)

Did I just add to the panic.

Sodie

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2016, 05:20:43 PM »

I think FOPA only prevents the federal government from enacting a rule or regulation that would require maintaining set of records regarding gun ownership.  If the feds made a rule requiring that HPD maintain records, that would be a problem.  Since this is a city/county policy, I don't think it's affected by FOPA.  As always, however, I could be wrong...

suka

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2016, 05:25:45 PM »
Not mandatory , but may be keep.
Most other country require a mandatory system nation wide by law.