New Records Management System for Permits?? (Read 25431 times)

mauidog

Re: New Records Management System for Permits??
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2016, 09:46:32 AM »
If you read my previous replies, the system I envisioned did not involve registration. I am merely pointing out that registration does have certain benefits.

The fear of being fired or having rights taken away can absolutely make someone hesitate to get treatment, I understand that personally. The question is, how do we design a system so we can take away firearms when we do absolutely need to (in cases of mental illness)?

I started to post a lengthy response, but then I realiized once again you are hijacking the original topic.  Your comments have nothing to do with the new records management system.

You should start another thread to talk about mental health and the gun buying process if that's where you are trying to take this.

:stopjack:
An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.   -- Jeff Cooper

Q

« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2016, 11:03:55 AM »
If you read my previous replies, the system I envisioned did not involve registration. I am merely pointing out that registration does have certain benefits.

The fear of being fired or having rights taken away can absolutely make someone hesitate to get treatment, I understand that personally. The question is, how do we design a system so we can take away firearms when we do absolutely need to (in cases of mental illness)?

Many veterans do have mental illness in the form of PTSD and depression, which is why 22 veterans commit suicide everyday because they feel they can't get help without bring persecuted.

So again, it's evident you support the disarmament of veterans.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2016, 05:49:45 PM »
I started to post a lengthy response, but then I realiized once again you are hijacking the original topic.  Your comments have nothing to do with the new records management system.

You should start another thread to talk about mental health and the gun buying process if that's where you are trying to take this.

:stopjack:

I was adding my 2 cents to nathans comment, but sure we can get back on topic.

Hopefully the system will work better for all involved

Pit808

« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2016, 06:08:24 PM »
So what's the latest on the new system?
chitty chitty bang bang.......

MuffinMan

« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2016, 06:17:34 PM »
So what's the latest on the new system?

I heard that you sign the digital permit on a tablet that has a plastic overlay and that even if you press real hard the signature is not always picked up (kinda like the credit card readers that you sign; some work well others not so). The plastic overlay covers the clear button, so if you mess up the officer behind the window has to clear the display for you.

Hopefully they will get it worked out and make things better and faster rather then the other way around.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 11:33:46 AM by MuffinMan »