***OFFICIAL 22 THREAD****** (Read 46360 times)

Platinum808

Re: ***OFFICIAL 22 THREAD******
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2019, 04:35:19 PM »
I was thinking of making you new post “SAFE QUEEN” post your most favorite or most Prized firearms
Oh ignorant youth, the world is not a joyous place. The time has come for you to dispense with the frivolous pleasures of childhood and get down to honest toil until you are sixty-five. Then and only then can you relax and collect your social security and live happily until the time of your death!

-Hunter S. Thompson

Bushido

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2019, 04:35:56 PM »
Platinum very clean and tasteful!! I like the stock and checkering. Very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bushido

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2019, 07:01:41 PM »
Trying to decide on a CZ or Savage but leaning toward the Savage because of price and some "target" features that can be packaged.  Heard any feedback on accuracy? :

Like I said I rarely shoot groups except when testing ammo. On top of that I almost never measure or take photos. This is what I could come up with from one of my factory varmit barreled Savage. It is not the best group from this rifle but close.

Bushido

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2019, 07:04:02 PM »
This is what I shoot at for 50y prone or barricade stuff. 3/16"-1"ish

Bushido

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2019, 07:05:30 PM »
This is for 100y or positional shooting closer. 1/2"-1 1/2".

Bushido

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2019, 07:07:45 PM »
I can't post pics of rifles as I do not own and firearms, ammunition or reloading supplies. Macsak

macsak

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2019, 07:11:24 PM »
I can't post pics of rifles as I do not own and firearms, ammunition or reloading supplies. Macsak

heads

changemyoil66

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2019, 06:36:25 PM »
Wife got me this for my bday and it was a surprise.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

macsak

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2019, 07:08:34 PM »

whoa

Bushido

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2019, 08:05:28 PM »

Show off!!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I see that your scope does not have exposed target turrets. I can see the hesitation for dialing for elevation and windage and holding instead. I have one setup similar, hard to be as precise if holding in my experience. Not impossible though.

Heavies

« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2019, 09:31:25 PM »
This thread is fascinating.  Any other rifle/scope combo recs othe than Stang's handsome Ruger?  Trying to decide on a CZ or Savage but leaning toward the Savage because of price and some "target" features that can be packaged.  Heard any feedback on accuracy?  Thanks.  And, oh, what size are those circle targets? :shaka:
Savage is plenty accurate with the ammo it likes.  Only thing I don't like about mine is that sometimes feeding is finicky from certain mags.  other than that I love it, and never had any regrets choosing it over a CZ.  I think the savage has a better trigger over the CZ as well.

changemyoil66

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2019, 09:32:07 PM »
Show off!!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I see that your scope does not have exposed target turrets. I can see the hesitation for dialing for elevation and windage and holding instead. I have one setup similar, hard to be as precise if holding in my experience. Not impossible though.
That cap covering the knobs is target turrents?

Heavies

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2019, 08:41:29 AM »
Since there is such a huge drop going from 50 to 100, do you guys just hold over or click the elevation knob?  I'm kind of lazy to keep clicking back and forth.  And Still new to 22 so I don't want to mess with the knobs to much.
I dial.  Good ammo and good scope will be repeatable.  .22 at 100 is good training for longer range center fire shooting and wind reading.  IRC supposed to be similar to shooting .308 at 500 yards, wind drift wise.  It helped my fclass scores when we had matches.

changemyoil66

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2019, 08:51:22 AM »
I dial.  Good ammo and good scope will be repeatable.  .22 at 100 is good training for longer range center fire shooting and wind reading.  IRC supposed to be similar to shooting .308 at 500 yards, wind drift wise.  It helped my fclass scores when we had matches.

Still learning wind drift.  Right now it's 100% guesstimation on how much the grass is moving.  But on Sat when I went, I was able to hit 3 inch steel at 100 using CCI SV constantly and had to hold to the right a little bit.  But IDK if it was skill or luck.  I'm leaning more toward luck.  It was difficult to see the grass also because I have a 18X so I had to actually aim lower to get the grass picture, then aim back up.  The steel was about 5 feet above the ground (horse stand hanging).

esk808

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2019, 11:06:45 AM »

Take a look at this.

It will show wind direction and bullet impact.

Bushido

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2019, 11:51:29 AM »

I couldn't agree more. My 22 @100y is very close to 223@400y. I don't see the same waterline drift with the centerfire that I do with the 22 due to wind though.

changemyoil66

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2019, 02:11:45 PM »

Take a look at this.

Damn 22 is like voodoo.  Who would have guess a wind coming from either left or right, the head would move up or down also.  Gotta memorize the chart.  Thanks.

Bushido

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2019, 02:15:00 PM »
Damn 22 is like voodoo.  Who would have guess a wind coming from either left or right, the head would move up or down also.  Gotta memorize the chart.  Thanks.
Spin drift and that chart is for right hand twist Barrels only. Think of a football being thrown and the spiral.

Where's Inspector?!?!?!

TooFewPews

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2019, 03:40:11 PM »
here is my DOPE chart for my RPRRimfire and a mil dot reticle (FFP scope) to give you an idea of drop at distance.

this is assuming a 10mph crosswind, 50 yard zero, and CCI Standard Velocity.

Heavies

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2019, 04:33:46 PM »

Take a look at this.

Great chart!