24th Annual Shooting Sports Fair (June 17 & 18 at KHSC) (Read 9370 times)

Turbo-Mag

Re: 24th Annual Shooting Sports Fair (June 17 & 18 at KHSC)
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2017, 10:10:50 AM »
Thanks to all who help put this on and the volunteers.
Me and my daughter had a blast. A lot of people there but the lines moved quickly.

rklapp

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2017, 03:36:28 PM »
That turret/brass collector is awesome!
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

drck1000

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2017, 08:55:35 AM »
Another fun SSF! 

Always good to share the shooting sports with both enthusiasts as well as those new to shooting.  Had lots of first time shooters on Sunday. 

Saturday was pretty slow with traffic in Hawaii Kai due to water main break.  Sunday was much busier, but seemed more spaced out than previous years.  Reports were that some stations were going through ammo at a very quick pace, but will have to see the ticket counts to really see. 

zippz

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2017, 09:45:36 AM »
Semiauto SAW was interesting.  I always wondered how they loaded the belts.

Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

drck1000

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2017, 08:12:20 AM »
The SAW is a fun gun (albeit semi-auto version), but to me it was a bit of a disappointment.  Granted it was likely still in it's break-in phase, but it was down quite a lot.  We had an RPD I think a couple of years ago and that thing was awesome!  It just ate up the ammo as fast as people could drop the scrip for and loaders could load the chains.  The sound of the RPD itself brought around more people and there was always seemingly a line for that gun. 

changemyoil66

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2017, 11:16:57 AM »
The SAW is a fun gun (albeit semi-auto version), but to me it was a bit of a disappointment.  Granted it was likely still in it's break-in phase, but it was down quite a lot.  We had an RPD I think a couple of years ago and that thing was awesome!  It just ate up the ammo as fast as people could drop the scrip for and loaders could load the chains.  The sound of the RPD itself brought around more people and there was always seemingly a line for that gun.

Shot a full auto SAW in vegas.  Super fun.  Grouping was size of your hand at 10 yards full auto.  That surprised me.

drck1000

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2017, 12:51:23 PM »
Shot a full auto SAW in vegas.  Super fun.  Grouping was size of your hand at 10 yards full auto.  That surprised me.
I know one difference between the "real deal" full auto version is that that one fires from an open bolt.  Whereas the semi-auto version fires from a closed bolt. 

I have never made it out to one of those full auto ranges in Vegas.  I have plenty of other methods to blow away my money while I'm there.   :( >:( ;D