not buying any more firearms till RapBack crap is done (Read 65981 times)

ren

not buying any more firearms till RapBack crap is done
« on: December 16, 2016, 09:44:19 AM »
contributed $$$ into London's lawsuit. Will continue to contribute till this Rapback is resolved.
Won't buy any more firearms till this is addressed.
In case, LGS's try to gauge what the market will look like with RapBack in place.
Suggest that they get involved as well.
Nice pistolas out there and good deals to be had as I venture into bullseye shooting. ;) but until then no more new firearms
Deeds Not Words

London808

Re: not buying any more firearms till RapBack crap is done
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 10:59:19 AM »
I can't buy any firearms u till this is resolved, I will not sign any waiver of my rights
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

Jl808

not buying any more firearms till RapBack crap is done
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 12:20:18 PM »
Not buying any firearms indefinitely. Until further notice.
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Heavies

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 01:04:29 PM »
I usually purchase 2 to 3 firearms a year. I will not waiver my rights and privacy to government elites just because.  I am not a criminal and demand NOT to be treated as such.   I'll spend the money supporting a more worthy endeavor.

FBI

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 01:17:25 PM »
I can't buy any firearms u till this is resolved, I will not sign any waiver of my rights
Please don't take this wrong, but any time you have to ask permission to buy a gun and then
register that gun you have surrendered your rights.  That is what drives me nuts about Hawaiian
gun owners.  You are just like people heading to Auschwitz, you don't have a clue, you
just have not reached the end of the rail line just yet.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 01:36:18 PM »
I was planning on getting a Remington 700 but I guess I waited too long... Undecided as to whether I will go through with rap back... Maybe I can be the test case lol.

Does anyone remember the answer to whether the rap back would eliminate the waiting period for those who already own firearms?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 01:51:02 PM by eyeeatingfish »

ren

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 01:59:37 PM »
Please don't take this wrong, but any time you have to ask permission to buy a gun and then
register that gun you have surrendered your rights.  That is what drives me nuts about Hawaiian
gun owners.  You are just like people heading to Auschwitz, you don't have a clue, you
just have not reached the end of the rail line just yet.

Well I've "tolerated" this as the left, antis have always asked for.
Look at what tolerance has given us with not only gun rights.
I'm guilty. I was compassionate to the other side.
Deeds Not Words

Garuda

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2016, 02:24:50 PM »
Well I've "tolerated" this as the left, antis have always asked for.
Look at what tolerance has given us with not only gun rights.
I'm guilty. I was compassionate to the other side.

Waiting it out as well.

Tolerance is a dangerous thing in this case. It's too bad classes on the constitution based on it's original intent wasn't mandatory for everyone since its inception. What a different world it would be.

Tom_G

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2016, 03:09:52 PM »
Black powder Renaissance?
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

London808

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2016, 03:13:48 PM »
Black powder Renaissance?

You still need a permit to purchase black powder firearms, You are not required to register them tho.
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

suka

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2016, 03:47:10 PM »
I'll buy more guns but , ill just FFL them to myself

dirtylickins

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • I carry a gun... Cause carrying a cop is too heavy
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2016, 05:10:12 PM »
FBI’S “RAP-BACK” PROGRAM from back in 2014 some interesting facts. The example they use is from a employment but point being is you have no say in the matter.
09/23/2014

That the government is obsessed with databases and data collection is not news. The FBI plans for its newest mega-database, Next Generation Identification, to be the largest collection of personal biometric information in the world. It will include information collected from everyday arrests, immigration and customs enforcement, the State Department, FBI and other special investigations, public sources (including photos and video from surveillance), possibly the military, and now, wherever local agencies and companies participate, from employers.

The NGI aims to move "beyond fingerprints" into the Brave New World of full spectrum biometrics. The database will include the following information on tens, possibly hundreds of millions of people:

electronic fingerprints
palm prints
photos (with face recognition technology)
iris scans
tattoos, scars and markings
voice
gait
names, associations, history of residence, employment, arrests, etc.

'Rap back': always watching

The FBI has run criminal background checks for state and local agencies, as well as employers, for some time now. But with NGI, the agency has a new plan: the "rap back" scheme. It will be voluntary — but the decision to participate will reside with the employer, not the employee. In other words, if your boss wants to sign up, tough luck.

Here's how it will work: the boss at a company or organization signs an agreement with the FBI to implement the "rap back" program. You'd like to work there, and submit to a background check to do so. Your fingerprints are taken before you get your job, a routine part of the criminal background check, your almost-boss tells you. The fingerprints are then sent to the FBI, whereupon the agency makes a determination about your criminal history, and informs your almost-boss about whether or not you are likely to be a good hire.

That was all old news. Here's the kicker: under the new plan, the FBI will retain your fingerprints, even if you've never committed a crime, so that if you are arrested or get into any trouble, the agency can inform your boss of your arrest. Behind your back.

Nice jobs program, huh? Read more about NGI.

UPDATE: EPIC has posted FBI documents about the rap-back program.

PRACTICE PRIVACY

London808

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2016, 05:15:15 PM »

robtmc

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2016, 06:15:15 PM »
I snuck one last thing in before this Stalinist law went into effect.

Big kicker will now be if they try to make it retroactive to those of us that went through the old Hawaii registration bullshit.

Told the wife "I will not comply" so be ready to move to Arizona or be married to a criminal.

luckydog1

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2016, 06:31:26 PM »
Anti gunners have won this round just hearing your comments.  Fewer guns in circulation is what they want to feel more secure.  We shall see.

London808

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2016, 06:38:52 PM »
Rapback can't be done retroactively, they don't have your finger prints (they are doet d after 30 days) and the FBI requires you to sign a consent/waiver of rights form to enroll you

ren

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2016, 06:41:41 PM »
Anti gunners have won this round just hearing your comments.  Fewer guns in circulation is what they want to feel more secure.  We shall see.

No they haven't. I still have an interest in firearms and the 2A. I will continue to promote the 2A and will procure firearms in the future. :thumbsup:
This is a battle they won. We are planning to win the war.
I think that with this President we shouldn't fear price spikes like we witnessed in 2012. I can put off firearms purchases and donate that potential $42 for rapback enrollment to the defense of London's cause.
BTW, thank you London for your efforts. If I remember you are an Aussie? If so, that speaks volumes of you. I'm ashamed that as a citizen born in the USA I didn't pursue this matter with the same amount of conviction you did.  :thumbsup:
Deeds Not Words

macsak

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2016, 07:14:31 PM »
No they haven't. I still have an interest in firearms and the 2A. I will continue to promote the 2A and will procure firearms in the future. :thumbsup:
This is a battle they won. We are planning to win the war.
I think that with this President we shouldn't fear price spikes like we witnessed in 2012. I can put off firearms purchases and donate that potential $42 for rapback enrollment to the defense of London's cause.
BTW, thank you London for your efforts. If I remember you are an Aussie? If so, that speaks volumes of you. I'm ashamed that as a citizen born in the USA I didn't pursue this matter with the same amount of conviction you did.  :thumbsup:

Umm
His screen name is "London" 808

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haynplumma

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2016, 07:18:26 PM »
Umm
His screen name is "London" 808

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

London808

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2016, 07:27:31 PM »
If I remember you are an Aussie?