not buying any more firearms till RapBack crap is done (Read 65958 times)

London808

Re: not buying any more firearms till RapBack crap is done
« Reply #180 on: February 14, 2017, 09:57:05 PM »
Was told by a lawyer if you are in say tsa precheck or global entry your are in rap back and a lot of people are in it and don't even realize it.

But you are not in it with an auto report to a local PD just because you choose to exercise a constitional right. Its not the data that's a problem its the reason its stored and diseminated

ThetrThetre is many legitimate uses of trapback and every o e of them is based on a choice,  here you have no choice, you are forced i. To it or lose your constionally protected rights
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

Heavies

« Reply #181 on: February 14, 2017, 10:16:42 PM »
But you are not in it with an auto report to a local PD just because you choose to exercise a constitional right. Its not the data that's a problem its the reason its stored and diseminated

ThetrThetre is many legitimate uses of trapback and every o e of them is based on a choice,  here you have no choice, you are forced i. To it or lose your constionally protected rights

z06psi

« Reply #182 on: February 14, 2017, 10:24:44 PM »
If y'all hate it so much here just move out. Every single last one of us knows that Hawaii is a lost cause. You are a tiny blip of red in a sea of blue. Move to a red state and vote to keep it even more red. It's hard moving for damn sure, but after seeing this rap back horse shit and having to get permission from the to practice my 2a my wife and I decided to move. It doesn't matter how good of a job I have, sacrificing my rights isn't worth it. It's stressful moving when my wife is due two months after we get to TX but I'll be damned if I raise our daughter in a blue state.

The NRA does not care about Hawaii. The 9th circuit ruled based upon emotion and politics.

Some people here spout about x law getting to the supreme Court and that's everything's going to be okay because they said x law was wrong. Doesn't mean anything. The anti gun populace here will continue to elect politicians who will continue to undermine the 2a in whatever sneaky and insidious ways they can.

If takes years for a case to get to the supreme Court. This state can get a law struck down after a 6 year battle, and enact similar legislation, and whole that may also be struck down its the law of the land until then and the legislators know that. And they'll keep doing it.

Long story short, leave and go to a state where your voice will be heard and count. Vote to keep red states red. Hawaii is a lost cause.

A little bit of temporary sacrifice goes a long way towards happiness elsewhere
Under Federal orders. I can't leave.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Inspector

« Reply #183 on: February 15, 2017, 06:06:47 AM »

Under wife's orders. I can't leave either.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

drck1000

« Reply #184 on: February 15, 2017, 07:03:00 AM »

We all have choices.  Whether or not we are willing to live with the consequences is a different story. [joking here]

Federal orders - I assume that results in a fine at minimum or even Federal punishment. 
Wife orders - I assume that results in sleeping on the couch at minimum or even loss of funding for future firearm purchases. 

;D

z06psi

« Reply #185 on: February 15, 2017, 07:08:21 AM »
Yeah I would be charged with a felony and lose my weapons. 

The Hawaii state legislature needs to wake up.  They won't though and I will be long gone in 14 months never, absolutely never to return.

Inspector

« Reply #186 on: February 15, 2017, 07:14:17 AM »
We all have choices.  Whether or not we are willing to live with the consequences is a different story. [joking here]
I get your joking, but you are absolutely correct. I made a choice a long time ago to live with the consequences. And one way or another I am staying in Hawaii. Hopefully soon to be living on the Big Island.
Federal orders - I assume that results in a fine at minimum or even Federal punishment. 
Wife orders - I assume that results in sleeping on the couch at minimum or even loss of funding for future firearm purchases. 

;D
All joking aside, I have to make clear my wife is really not like that. She is always encouraging me to spend money on myself. I control most of the money in our marriage and I am kinda pake towards myself. I just can't come to grips with spending a lot of money on a firearm that I would be afraid to drop, ding, dent or somehow accidentally damage. I am accident prone. When it comes to spending money on her I will spend whatever money on her. But she doesn't want much. We are sort of just happy with what we have and don't really buy much.

drck1000

« Reply #187 on: February 15, 2017, 07:28:08 AM »
I get your joking, but you are absolutely correct. I made a choice a long time ago to live with the consequences. And one way or another I am staying in Hawaii. Hopefully soon to be living on the Big Island.All joking aside, I have to make clear my wife is really not like that. She is always encouraging me to spend money on myself. I control most of the money in our marriage and I am kinda pake towards myself. I just can't come to grips with spending a lot of money on a firearm that I would be afraid to drop, ding, dent or somehow accidentally damage. I am accident prone. When it comes to spending money on her I will spend whatever money on her. But she doesn't want much. We are sort of just happy with what we have and don't really buy much.
I hear ya.  Was just busting yer balls.  Happy wife, happy life.   :thumbsup:

I am the same way with guns.  All my guns are shooters.  I don't have any that are heirlooms, vintage, etc.  I mean I would like to have such valuable guns one day, but it's not like I'm going to throw down money for them.  Like when I was offered a great deal on a pre-ban AK.  The seller asked and I told him I was going to shoot it.  LOTS!  He sort of got all huffy and said that I shouldn't shoot it, that it would lose value. Well, my value is in that I can enjoy shooting it.  It's not that I trash my guns, or anything else that I own.  I do have some expensive guns, but they are all tools.  They get shot, cleaned and shot again.  If they get dinged, finish marred, etc, so be it. 

Inspector

« Reply #188 on: February 15, 2017, 07:34:11 AM »
I hear ya.  Was just busting yer balls.  Happy wife, happy life.   :thumbsup:

I am the same way with guns.  All my guns are shooters.  I don't have any that are heirlooms, vintage, etc.  I mean I would like to have such valuable guns one day, but it's not like I'm going to throw down money for them.  Like when I was offered a great deal on a pre-ban AK.  The seller asked and I told him I was going to shoot it.  LOTS!  He sort of got all huffy and said that I shouldn't shoot it, that it would lose value. Well, my value is in that I can enjoy shooting it.  It's not that I trash my guns, or anything else that I own.  I do have some expensive guns, but they are all tools.  They get shot, cleaned and shot again.  If they get dinged, finish marred, etc, so be it.
I am exactly the same way. All my guns are shooters. I rotate through the safe constantly so no gun gets neglected. A few only gets shot only a couple of times a year, but I shoot them all, and I keep them cleaned and oiled.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

RSN172

« Reply #189 on: February 15, 2017, 09:57:09 AM »

Same here.  My wife does not want to leave Hawaii.  Other than the gun laws, I love Hawaii, but I already told my wife that if she should predecease me, I am moving to NV.  Moving from Oahu to the BI has made it more tolerable.  At least here I can just go out to the backyard and shoot as often as I like.

83rdrecon

« Reply #190 on: March 05, 2017, 11:54:56 AM »
buy buy buy..   Overload their system.  Fuck them.

NightWatchman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • 5.11 Tactical Dealer in Hawaii
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Night Watchman Products
« Reply #191 on: March 07, 2017, 09:23:52 AM »
Wanted to let you guys know that you need to get involved when these bills get introduced.  Last year Hawaii Rifle Assoc and the NRA walked the floors and visited all the senators and reps.  In testimony there was only about 5 of us who showed up.  One of the senators said that there are thousands of gun owners in Hawaii, so only a small amount of people was against this RAP BACK bill.  Not that it is law it is even hard to get rid of this law.  PLEASE EVERYONE GET INVOLVED NOT WITH ANY ANTI GUN LEGISLATION.  HRA and NRA is doing their part, but we need the numbers, no only 5 people showing up during testimony.
www.nightwatchmanproducts.com
Sales@nightwatchmanproducts
5.11 Tactical in Hawaii, Authorized Distributor

sikryd

« Reply #192 on: April 15, 2017, 03:47:07 PM »
If a person was a firearm owner prior to the BS Rap Back law, are they automatically entered into the system? Or is it only if you buy another firearm after the law was put into effect?  If it's the latter, it looks like 80% lower purchases will go up.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #193 on: April 15, 2017, 03:48:25 PM »
If a person was a firearm owner prior to the BS Rap Back law, are they automatically entered into the system? Or is it only if you buy another firearm after the law was put into effect?  If it's the latter, it looks like 80% lower purchases will go up.

New permits/registrations only ... at least, for now.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

rklapp

« Reply #194 on: April 21, 2017, 07:36:16 AM »
Technically, they could dump all of the unregistered rapback gun owners into the FBI system except the law is specific to new permits/registration and good luck getting the $42 from the unregistered.
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #195 on: April 21, 2017, 09:22:06 AM »
Technically, they could dump all of the unregistered rapback gun owners into the FBI system except the law is specific to new permits/registration and good luck getting the $42 from the unregistered.

Technically, they can not.  It requires the owner's consent, not to mention the state isn't going to pay the subscription fees.

Since there is no way to unregister a firearm, HPD has no quick way to determine which registrations are for residents and which are for guns no longer in the state. 

No, the only way they will get prior registrants in RAPBACK is to do some "renewal" of existing gun registrations.
-- Melvin Udall

z06psi

« Reply #196 on: April 21, 2017, 10:06:31 AM »
Technically, they can not.  It requires the owner's consent, not to mention the state isn't going to pay the subscription fees.

Since there is no way to unregister a firearm, HPD has no quick way to determine which registrations are for residents and which are for guns no longer in the state. 

No, the only way they will get prior registrants in RAPBACK is to do some "renewal" of existing gun registrations.
Not even Will Espero was aware you could not unregister your guns from the system if they left the state.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #197 on: April 21, 2017, 10:16:35 AM »
Not even Will Espero was aware you could not unregister your guns from the system if they left the state.

Espero isn't exactly the "gold standard" for educated legislators!   :rofl:
-- Melvin Udall

z06psi

« Reply #198 on: April 21, 2017, 10:23:37 AM »
I think most of them are unaware unless it was a specific objective.  It was passed so long ago and was probably sponsored by a non politician.