not buying any more firearms till RapBack crap is done (Read 64750 times)

Inspector

Re: not buying any more firearms till RapBack crap is done
« Reply #120 on: December 26, 2016, 08:28:52 AM »
Well, it was to anyone really, but since you self-identify as a real estate agent I thought you might have accurate information immediately available.

So, what can a person get on Oahu for $120k? I mean real estate-wise...  :shaka:
So your question was pretty open ended...

About the only thing you can get on Oahu for that sort of money is leasehold land. Probably a co-op of some sort and you could probably get in on the high side of a 99 year lease. If you intend not to sell while you are alive and build a home on the land and don't care about getting any value out of it after you pass then you can get 1+ acres around Waipahu. I think I remember there may be some 10+ acres lots. But again, this is from memory. If you are looking for more value then look on the Big Island.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

ren

« Reply #121 on: December 26, 2016, 10:37:46 AM »
I was advised that the value of land here is commercial > residential > ag .
Is that true?
Deeds Not Words

z06psi

« Reply #122 on: December 26, 2016, 10:44:15 AM »
34 acres, wooded, on a 119K acre lake.  Long enough for a 500yd gun range all for my personal use.  Think Hickok45 but 500yds long.

Just too expensive here and restrictive.

punaperson

« Reply #123 on: December 26, 2016, 11:28:35 AM »
34 acres, wooded, on a 119K acre lake.  Long enough for a 500yd gun range all for my personal use.  Think Hickok45 but 500yds long.

Just too expensive here and restrictive.
At least Hawaii is #1 in something... something "bad". Let's see, cost of living: 1. Hawaii, 2. California, 3. New York, 4. Connecticut, 6. Massachusetts, 7. Maryland. Most restrictive gun control/civilian disarmament laws: 1. California, 2. Connecticut, 4. Maryland, 5. New York, 6. Massachusetts, 7. Hawaii. I'm just sayin'...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/see-how-your-state-scores-for-living-costs/ss-AAlEaoG?li=BBnbfcN#image=1

See how your state scores for living costs

Every US state, ranked

The difference in the cost of living between the cheapest and most expensive states is massive – you could easily pay twice as much to live in some states, and over three times as much on housing. Using the latest 2016 Cost of Living data from the Missouri Economic Research and Information Center, we’ve listed every state from the cheapest to the most expensive, weighted on factors such as housing, grocery cost, transportation, healthcare, and utilities. The average state is weighted 100.

1. Hawaii – 167.3
If you aspired to move from California out to sunshine paradise, you’ll have to be happy with a hut. If you want a house instead, be prepared to fork out as the average price is $982,312 and its housing index is a whopping 230.5, which is the highest of all the states. Utilities? 208.4. Groceries? 154.3. In fact, every single index is much higher than the 100-point average. There is a reason Hawaii is a holiday destination.

:stopjack:

So... who else is buying or not buying firearms in light of mandatory RapBack enrollment?  :geekdanc:

flaboy808

The Supreme Court has ruled that you, as an individual, have no right to protection by the police. Their only obligation is to protect "society".

rklapp

« Reply #125 on: December 27, 2016, 08:02:47 AM »
Unfortunately, we're ranked 182nd in the world.
http://www.clickhole.com/article/embarrassing-us-ranked-182nd-world-alphabetically-1855

At least Hawaii is #1 in something... something "bad". Let's see, cost of living: 1. Hawaii, 2. California, 3. New York, 4. Connecticut, 6. Massachusetts, 7. Maryland. Most restrictive gun control/civilian disarmament laws: 1. California, 2. Connecticut, 4. Maryland, 5. New York, 6. Massachusetts, 7. Hawaii. I'm just sayin'...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/see-how-your-state-scores-for-living-costs/ss-AAlEaoG?li=BBnbfcN#image=1

See how your state scores for living costs

Every US state, ranked

The difference in the cost of living between the cheapest and most expensive states is massive – you could easily pay twice as much to live in some states, and over three times as much on housing. Using the latest 2016 Cost of Living data from the Missouri Economic Research and Information Center, we’ve listed every state from the cheapest to the most expensive, weighted on factors such as housing, grocery cost, transportation, healthcare, and utilities. The average state is weighted 100.

1. Hawaii – 167.3
If you aspired to move from California out to sunshine paradise, you’ll have to be happy with a hut. If you want a house instead, be prepared to fork out as the average price is $982,312 and its housing index is a whopping 230.5, which is the highest of all the states. Utilities? 208.4. Groceries? 154.3. In fact, every single index is much higher than the 100-point average. There is a reason Hawaii is a holiday destination.

:stopjack:

So... who else is buying or not buying firearms in light of mandatory RapBack enrollment?  :geekdanc:
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

changemyoil66

« Reply #126 on: December 27, 2016, 08:24:23 AM »
I would suggest only to move here to retire if you can afford it. 

Why:

1) Cost of living is higher
2) Gun laws suck
3) Cost of living is higher

My friend moved to vegas.  He bought a 5000 sq/ft home for $320K brand new in a gated community.  His wife doesn't have to work and his new job only pays him a little more.  Where as over here they had a 2500 sq'ft home that cost them $600K.  They both had to work.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #127 on: December 27, 2016, 04:04:06 PM »
"awaiting" for her permit then was killed http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/10/no-one-helped-her-nj-woman-murdered-by-ex-while-waiting-for-gun-permit.html

and we know what happened to Dr. Martin Luther King
http://bulletsfirst.net/2014/01/20/racist-gun-control-laws-denied-martin-luther-king-jr-right-defend/

Thank you but I was looking for a Hawaii case since it could then directly serve to show HPD screwed up.

King did get denied for a permit but he later decided he didn't want guns given his stance in the non violent movement.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/martin-luther-king-had-complicated-legacy-gun-violence-162613323.html?ref=gs

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #128 on: December 27, 2016, 04:18:05 PM »
I see, you can claim to state a fact, used as a premise in an argument, but once you are called on it and asked to provide evidence for claimed fact then you backtrack and tell us that that was only your made up opinion based on nothing at all except your "awareness". We all know from reading many of your posts that you are not aware of a lot of things, so please in the future do not claim as facts shit that you just make up.

If we are to use an actual incident as a basis to sue HPD then we need to know of one. We cannot make the argument that they cannot prove there isn't one. This is a debate basic, you are required to prove your point, not make someone else prove a negative. You complain about an inaccuracy in my statement and then complain when I correct it. It is apparent you don't really care and are just intent on attacking me whichever way you can.

1. How would anyone know if someone who got "killed or seriously injured" was denied a CCW? The case of Carol Bowne, referred to above, was only known publicly because her family was outraged and went public. Oh, and what were the consequences for the cops that denied her her permit? That's right: zero.
2. Why should the criteria be "killed or seriously injured"? How about "victim of a crime which may have been prevented or minimized had the victim be armed"? Please justify your criteria of "killed or seriously injured". Go ahead, "rephrase it".
3.You are a minor step away from the actual policy of the Hawaii police chiefs wherein a person has to PROVE a high probability of likely crime victimization that could ONLY be prevented by carrying a firearm outside their home (yeah, that's right, people have been told to "move" rather than be given a CCW license as a solution to a documented threat [admitted anecdote: the cops did not admit to this claim of a denied licensee when asked, so it is only her word... the cops didn't put that in writing, it was an oral communication]).
4. There is no point in making the criteria for "a wrong" in Hawaii "denied a CCW" because everyone knows there is no point in applying because no one ever is granted one (unless you "just happen" to be a judge), so it's just a waste of time and money. The criteria should at least be "victim of a crime who would have carried a weapon had it been possible to carry one legally".

These would be necessary facts in a lawsuit against HPD. Do you want to fight for your rights or not? You don't just go into court making a philosophical argument. Sure, even a substantial bodily injury or armed robbery case would work. Stop making up straw men.

Uh huh. And you're claiming that every single person in Hawaii who has applied for a CCW license, and been denied the right to "bear arms" has been the "right call" by the cops and no one has been denied their "civil rights"? Denying someone their civil rights is ALWAYS the "wrong call". Yet, that is what they do. And they do it with impunity.

No, they are not "following state law". They are interpreting state law a particular way, arbitrarily and capriciously, at their whim and pleasure. Thus they can interpret state law one way and issue a judge a CCW license because, well, "judge", and not issue a CCW license to anyone else because, well, "fuck you, you serf, who the fuck do you think you are". And yes, the fact that there are a majority of Hawaii judges and Ninth Circuit judges who happen to be fascist civilian-disarmament advocates who mendaciously produce "precedents" which justify "regulations" that are de facto "bans" is a difficult to overcome problem.

Hawaii state law says may issue which allows them to deny any and all CCW permits they want, that is why they act with impunity. We need to challenge them on it any way we can.

TastesLikeMetal

« Reply #129 on: December 30, 2016, 09:50:58 PM »
Not sure if this was brought up already but when I renew my Long Gun permit in February will I be entered into Rapback or is that just for new firearm purchases?

Heavies

« Reply #130 on: December 30, 2016, 10:14:16 PM »
Not sure if this was brought up already but when I renew my Long Gun permit in February will I be entered into Rapback or is that just for new firearm purchases?
On renewal they will charge you for the privilege and enter you into the database to be monitored.

London808

« Reply #131 on: December 30, 2016, 10:14:53 PM »

If you choose to sign the release form you will be entered into rapback.

To many npeople are willing to sign away their rights to exercise others.
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

aieahound

« Reply #132 on: January 03, 2017, 12:22:37 PM »
Could be everyone is broke from Christmas, but Classified sales seem to have slowed since Rapback went into effect.

Some great deals no one (including myself) is jumping on.

z06psi

« Reply #133 on: January 03, 2017, 08:27:12 PM »
Could be everyone is broke from Christmas, but Classified sales seem to have slowed since Rapback went into effect.

Some great deals no one (including myself) is jumping on.

Yup.  There have been a couple things I would have bought but nope.

suka

« Reply #134 on: January 03, 2017, 10:37:03 PM »
Bought , got permit, never picked up.

shipping it out of State for now.

MMM

« Reply #135 on: January 09, 2017, 11:47:52 AM »
i was part of the, "not buying any more firearms till RapBack crap is done" crowd. until, i sent a revolver back to Smith&Wesson for warranty and they're sending me a new revolver(yay!) because, i guess, the old one was not serviceable. so the dilemma is; i get a new revolver with a new serial number and have to register into rap back!    :(   ;) got mixed feelings about this one.

zippz

« Reply #136 on: January 09, 2017, 12:00:37 PM »
i was part of the, "not buying any more firearms till RapBack crap is done" crowd. until, i sent a revolver back to Smith&Wesson for warranty and they're sending me a new revolver(yay!) because, i guess, the old one was not serviceable. so the dilemma is; i get a new revolver with a new serial number and have to register into rap back!    :(   ;) got mixed feelings about this one.

Try explaining it to S&W to see if you can get a revolver with the same serial #.  Some gun manufacturers do that.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #137 on: January 09, 2017, 12:32:09 PM »

If you have the pistol sent to a local FFL, you could ask they hold it until the RapBack situation settles down.  Depends on how long you're willing to be without it.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

rklapp

« Reply #138 on: January 09, 2017, 02:22:30 PM »
Congratulations and my condolences.

Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

Turbo-Mag

« Reply #139 on: January 10, 2017, 10:00:58 AM »
I am not aware of any such cases. Are you aware of any cases where someone who was denied a CCW got killed or seriously injured?

Sorry...a little off-topic...Lately it seems more people are having a short fuse and for the silliest reasons are rather ugly and threatening. I don't care for people who make Hawaii or anyplace ugly.
If I see someone just outright throw trash on the ground...I tell them "that's not nice" and pick it up form them to throw away...well the last one I did nearly got my azz kicked...

For the CCW and someone getting killed or seriously hurt...Well there is always a first...I hope not to be that...but I will be applying for a CCW...I was assaulted and have a assault case
still pending. At the time I was still recovering from 5 surgeries, well my 5'-4" / 115lbs was nothing to his 6' / 250lbs...I was just tossed around like a rag doll. It has been two years and still
nothing is happening. I had a TRO against the person right after it happened but since he did not show up in court it was only given for 90 days...what a joke the system is...
and it was not his first as he has a record of TRO's for violence. Well last month I found out he still has a lot of hate toward me and my mother.

Will a pending case be cause for them to take away my firearms? Granted I only got my firearms in November? Or will it negatively affect me?