Deedy Trial - Injustice? (Read 235948 times)

ren

Deedy Trial - Injustice?
« on: July 08, 2013, 07:08:16 PM »
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/22788188/demonstrators-support-victim-in-deedy-murder-case

Sickening. Can't we just let our judicial system play it out? Comparable to the Trayvon Martin case? The racial card? Are we that ignorant that we have to throw that card out every time there are two different races involved?
Deeds Not Words

Heavies

Re: Deedy Trial - Injustice?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 06:17:39 AM »
It is utterly disgusting and frustrating that everything has to be racial and pc.  Steps backward in most recent years IMO.

Kingkeoni

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 06:24:37 AM »
"Liz Reez" ignorant comments erase any shred of credibility she would have had.

"For me personally I don't really care who started it, who said what, who called what names. It speaks for itself that you have an unarmed person in McDonald's, two men, one is a federal agent carrying a gun who shot and killed Kollin Elderts. For me that speaks for itself. The rest of the facts should come out but they're not really crucial to me," said Rees. "You have two men, one is a murderer with a weapon, a federal agent and he shot and killed him so what else do people really need to know."
 :wtf:
(Paraphrased: I don't care what the facts or evidence say, as far as I'm concerned the federal agent is guilty and I don't need to know anything else)

Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

kekoa

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 07:36:51 AM »
"Liz Reez" ignorant comments erase any shred of credibility she would have had.

"For me personally I don't really care who started it, who said what, who called what names. It speaks for itself that you have an unarmed person in McDonald's, two men, one is a federal agent carrying a gun who shot and killed Kollin Elderts. For me that speaks for itself. The rest of the facts should come out but they're not really crucial to me," said Rees. "You have two men, one is a murderer with a weapon, a federal agent and he shot and killed him so what else do people really need to know."
 :wtf:
(Paraphrased: I don't care what the facts or evidence say, as far as I'm concerned the federal agent is guilty and I don't need to know anything else)

I concur with you Kingkeoni. Obviously the process of the justice system is not part of Ms. Reez's argument against Mr. Deedy. Right or wrong will play out in this case and laid with whom deserves whichever...

By the way, this case has NOTHING to do with racism.

GZire

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 08:02:19 AM »
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/22788188/demonstrators-support-victim-in-deedy-murder-case

Sickening. Can't we just let our judicial system play it out? Comparable to the Trayvon Martin case? The racial card? Are we that ignorant that we have to throw that card out every time there are two different races involved?

Yes ren there are people who are that stupid in this world.

oldfart

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 09:44:50 AM »
Obviously they were both drunk. But any LEO needs to be held to a higher standard of conduct.
IMHO:
ANY LEO running around drunk in the middle of the night with a gun does not meet that higher standard of conduct.
What, Me Worry?

GZire

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 10:04:47 AM »
Obviously they were both drunk. But any LEO needs to be held to a higher standard of conduct.
IMHO:
ANY LEO running around drunk in the middle of the night with a gun does not meet that higher standard of conduct.

HPD is required to carry off duty.  That means they can never be drunk/under the influence.  Just sayin.........

1422LR

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 10:50:21 AM »
LEO are required to carry everywhere even when off duty, yet I buy to protect myself and my family but I cannot even take it out of my house to my mailbox without getting arrested?

What is wrong with this?

Kingkeoni

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 11:17:52 AM »

HPD is required to carry off duty.  That means they can never be drunk/under the influence.  Just sayin.........

HPD is not REQUIRED to carry off duty.
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Q

>:D
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2013, 11:34:54 AM »
 >:D
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 10:33:48 PM by Q »

moosed

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Well, I'm all broken up over that man's rights!
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2013, 11:37:17 AM »
 :closed:
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 11:08:21 PM by moosed »
When only cops have guns, it's called a "police state".

Cougar8045

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 11:51:43 AM »
IMHO:
I wouldn't say they were *obviously* both drunk.  I haven't seen anything that proves that Deedy was drunk at the time, so let's see what plays out in court.

I'm just a fluffy white bunny rabbit who lost his way. 

"If a thief be found breaking in, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him. ..."  -Exodus 22:2

Kingkeoni

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2013, 12:09:17 PM »
I love how they said that a 'white man murdered a minority',

Even though white people are the majority minority in Hawaii.

There, I fixed it for you

aieahound

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2013, 12:46:38 PM »
It's funny them trying to bring in the race card because in this instance, the victim is the one being accused of racism.

He allegedly called Deedy a F-in' Haole.

There's no report that Deedy replied  "You stinkin' non-white guy"

Drinkin', carryin' and fightin'.  Not a good combination for Deedy. 

GZire

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2013, 01:29:27 PM »
HPD is not REQUIRED to carry off duty.

That's odd because I have several HPD friends and they are told to (some gun guys some not).

Kingkeoni

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 02:46:24 PM »
That's odd because I have several HPD friends and they are told to (some gun guys some not).

Better check again. It is not required.

Being advised to and being required are two very different things.

GZire

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2013, 02:53:07 PM »

Point taken KK.

Funtimes

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2013, 07:09:03 PM »

Apparently my facebook feed can't grab that concept in re: Zimmerman... You don't need to, and "don't" do it are separate things.
Check out the Hawaii Defense Foundation.
HDF on Facebook
Defender of the Accused in Arkansas Courts
Posts are not legal advice & are my own, unless said so.

Garuda

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2013, 12:17:56 AM »
What would the term be  to describe me if I hate idiots, people lacking in common sense, courtesy, and people who just bitch because they have too much time on their hands (ala complaining about the pledge of allegiance, etc)?????????!

Because I am "rascist" against these people, whether they be white, black, green, blue, Asian, or mixed. 

moosed

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Well, I'm all broken up over that man's rights!
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2013, 12:34:32 AM »
 :closed:
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 11:08:05 PM by moosed »
When only cops have guns, it's called a "police state".