is it still legal to ride in the back of the truck in hawaii? (Read 12589 times)

armsinc

I was just informed about the new seatbelt law .... dose this apply to the back of the truck? ......I know that the truck bed law was separate legislation from seat belt laws...
ArmsInc Hawaii

jaynick

Re: is it still legal to ride in the back of the truck in hawaii?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 02:00:35 PM »
still legal, they said they are going to try to pass the truck one seperately next session

Colt808

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 02:11:07 PM »
I was just informed about the new seatbelt law .... dose this apply to the back of the truck? ......I know that the truck bed law was separate legislation from seat belt laws...

SB 4 was worded in a way that exempts trucks and other vehicles without back seats, so no it doesn't apply to trucks, vans, emergency vehicles, etc.  The whole separate legislation for passengers riding in truck beds is because past attempts failed and they know they're in for a fight.
Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it. ~Thomas Paine

And I still see stupid people.

armsinc

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 02:29:40 PM »
Good to know
ArmsInc Hawaii

Dregs

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 02:46:27 PM »
After t-boning a pickup truck that mercifully didn't have any truck bed passengers.......witnessing how violently the truck flipped and rolled.........well, let's just say my life would have been very different had there been passengers in the back.

bass monkey

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 04:26:58 PM »
I believe their is an age requirement to ride in the back of the truck.

ren

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 08:07:37 PM »
under 14 no can ride in da bed
Despite all the tragic accidents people still have passengers in the bed.  You'd think that we'd learn but we don't hence, the passage of laws. The primary reason for resistance to a law banning passengers in the bed is that some rural area residents can only afford a truck for utility and passengers.  I find that a lame excuse.  I see quite a few rural residents with bling and rims on their trucks that they could still afford a sedan or small van.
It seems that "Its not going to happen to me" attitude prevails.
Too many laws because we the people are too slow to learn.
Deeds Not Words

sliver

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 02:58:44 AM »
I say we should let people ride in the back of trucks and we should let people ride in cars without seatbelts if they want.  Why are we trying to save these morons and take away freedoms everyone should have.  If you want to be stupid and are not hurting anyone, be stupid.  This is AMERICA god damn it! 

I have personnaly always believe in thinning the heard and letting stupid people die if they want!  You pays your monies and you takes your chances.  It's a basic rule of life. 

S7ICKlVlAN

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 05:25:27 PM »
I say we should let people ride in the back of trucks and we should let people ride in cars without seatbelts if they want.  Why are we trying to save these morons and take away freedoms everyone should have.  If you want to be stupid and are not hurting anyone, be stupid.  This is AMERICA god damn it! 

I have personnaly always believe in thinning the heard and letting stupid people die if they want!  You pays your monies and you takes your chances.  It's a basic rule of life.

+1  :thumbsup:

BUD

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2013, 08:49:28 PM »

Priceless!  :shaka:
It is what it is.

hnl.flyboy

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 08:57:06 PM »
Yup.
LEX MALLA, LEX NULLA

FPC, SAF Life, HDF Life, GOA, HRA, Fun Factory VIP

BUD

It is what it is.

ren

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2013, 11:31:37 PM »

I agree but I think the driving force behind these laws are the insurance companies - if we get hurt or die - they lose $!
Deeds Not Words

Hi state

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2013, 08:42:13 PM »
I agree but I think the driving force behind these laws are the insurance companies - if we get hurt or die - they lose $!
Who cares if the insurance companies loose money. I loose money to the insurance companies when I pay them annually and don't get anything back for no accidents and a clean driving record..but what I don't get is they make laws for all passengers to wear seatbelts but there are none on the school or city buses

BUD

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2013, 08:46:46 PM »
Who cares if the insurance companies loose money. I loose money to the insurance companies when I pay them annually and don't get anything back for no accidents and a clean driving record..but what I don't get is they make laws for all passengers to wear seatbelts but there are none on the school or city buses

Probably won't be any on the new rail system either!
It is what it is.

ren

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2013, 08:59:41 PM »
I meant to refer to the insurance companies' lobby. I think they are the driving force behind laws - or have proxies such as "consumer advocacy or safety groups"
Deeds Not Words