First boar (Read 3091 times)

Tom_G

First boar
« on: July 14, 2018, 06:21:23 AM »
Took him at about 200 yards. He crossed the road while I was reloading, having emptied my rifle engaging a sounder moments before.

The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

drck1000

Re: First boar
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 07:05:56 AM »
Nice boar!  :thumbsup:

Nice gun! Nice new truck! And nice color coordination!  ;D

Whatcha making?

Tom_G

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 07:12:02 AM »
Nice boar!  :thumbsup:

Nice gun! Nice new truck! And nice color coordination!  ;D

Whatcha making?

The boar and the t-shirt are mine; the rifle and truck aren't. The color coordination wasn't premeditated.

We're in Texas, where pigs are nuisance animals and exist only to be eradicated. Ed's freezer was already full, so we offered this boar (and a shoat I also got) to the carrion. This morning, all that are left are bones, and those are scattered widely. Looks like the coyotes were appreciative!
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

aieahound

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 11:07:44 AM »
Nice one Tom! 

dogman

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 12:17:17 PM »
Nice!
Looks like a Toyota add.

drck1000

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 01:48:48 PM »
The boar and the t-shirt are mine; the rifle and truck aren't. The color coordination wasn't premeditated.

We're in Texas, where pigs are nuisance animals and exist only to be eradicated. Ed's freezer was already full, so we offered this boar (and a shoat I also got) to the carrion. This morning, all that are left are bones, and those are scattered widely. Looks like the coyotes were appreciative!
Ahh.  Gotcha. 

I have a buddy that lives near Houston and yeah, they are a nuisance.  Some land owners will even pay folks to help them thin out the numbers.  I told him I'd do it for free.   ;D

stangzilla

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 06:58:21 AM »
nice shot!  :shaka: