HPD firearms clearance (Read 4346 times)

Dumbgun

HPD firearms clearance
« on: December 29, 2015, 04:05:52 PM »
HPD and or kaiser untucked themselves. So they issued my pistol permit today. Unfortunately i have 12/30-12/31/15 to pick up pistol as I have no more time to spare or trade around with others. I switched schedules with others so i could run around trying to find a DR. who would sign the HPD letter in the way HPD wanted it. So I only have these two days then I am back to work and will not be able to make the time to sit in traffic then stand line at HPD. otherwise I will miss the allotted registration period and will have to start all over again, who knows, they might start asking for the letters again. Can you please have someone come in and  release the pistol. I have the permit in hand and the pistol is paid in full, please contact me ASAP.

mauidog

Re: HPD firearms clearance
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 07:21:55 PM »
HPD and or kaiser untucked themselves. So they issued my pistol permit today. Unfortunately i have 12/30-12/31/15 to pick up pistol as I have no more time to spare or trade around with others. I switched schedules with others so i could run around trying to find a DR. who would sign the HPD letter in the way HPD wanted it. So I only have these two days then I am back to work and will not be able to make the time to sit in traffic then stand line at HPD. otherwise I will miss the allotted registration period and will have to start all over again, who knows, they might start asking for the letters again. Can you please have someone come in and  release the pistol. I have the permit in hand and the pistol is paid in full, please contact me ASAP.

As I mentioned in the other thread, registration after the deadline has never been a problem. One or two days late, and they won't even notice. 

I've yet to hear of anyone having to go through the permit process again for not registering on time.  Once the LGS has their permit paperwork done and signed your part of the permit, the transfer is complete. 

Get there as soon as you can.  Since they delayed your permit approval unnecessarily, I doubt they will be strict on the registration.

JMHO
An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.   -- Jeff Cooper

Q

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 08:43:37 PM »
As I mentioned in the other thread, registration after the deadline has never been a problem. One or two days late, and they won't even notice. 

I've yet to hear of anyone having to go through the permit process again for not registering on time.  Once the LGS has their permit paperwork done and signed your part of the permit, the transfer is complete. 

Get there as soon as you can.  Since they delayed your permit approval unnecessarily, I doubt they will be strict on the registration.

JMHO

I also suggest getting their before lunch.

That line is getting crazy, and will explode after dumb ass passes his executive order.

OGC

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 07:10:28 AM »
 Think his point was that he doesn't have any other time left after jumping through all these hoops and taking time off of work.

We are still off island until we re-open on Monday, January 4. 

We have families and personal lives just like our customers .   I am visiting my father for his 80th birthday with my family in Arizona.   And Eric is visiting with his entire family in San Diego .

We are the only two people on the FFL, so one of us has to be present to conduct to transfer we goin so one of us has to be present to conduct to transfer legally.

we've taken the same time off roughly for the last seven years ,  but usually one or the other is still on Island .

This Kaiser and Straub clearance issue has really hurt a lot of people, and now that it is over,  there doesn't seem to be any restitution to those who paid a lot of money out of pocket to try to get medical clearance .

Dumbgun

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 11:27:55 AM »
FFL forgot about that part. The whole mess got me worked up. I apologize and OGC is in good standing with me again. It would of been nice if someone had told me about the HPD/Kaiser feud. I would of stayed home waited until it sorted itself out. New year,new skin. My apologies again for talking out my butt.