Who's Shooting This Week? (Read 137527 times)

drck1000

Who's Shooting This Week?
« on: March 30, 2018, 09:36:28 AM »
Who's going shooting this weekend?  Understand that it's Easter Weekend, so many of you will be super busy with family stuff.  Some of you are probably headed to the range today.

I'll be shooting a training course tomorrow.  Been looking forward to this course for a while, both for the shooting as well as a chance to "get away from it all".  Reminding myself why I enjoy shooting and forget about all the crap going on in the media right now. 

If you're going shooting, what are you gonna be shooting?

For me, it will be my Glock 17 and maybe PPQ.

Have a great weekend all!  Hope you enjoy the nice weather! 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 07:12:47 AM by drck1000 »

PalisadesKid

Re: Who's Shooting This Weekend?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 09:48:51 AM »
Who's going shooting this weekend?  Understand that it's Easter Weekend, so many of you will be super busy with family stuff.  Some of you are probably headed to the range today.

I'll be shooting a training course tomorrow.  Been looking forward to this course for a while, both for the shooting as well as a chance to "get away from it all".  Reminding myself why I enjoy shooting and forget about all the crap going on in the media right now. 

Koko Head rifle side for me this Sunday right at 8am. Taking a friend who's never shot before.

drck1000

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 09:52:07 AM »
Koko Head rifle side for me this Sunday right at 8am. Taking a friend who's never shot before.
Outstanding!  Hope your friend enjoys it and takes up shooting as a hobby! 

stangzilla

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 10:03:45 AM »
sprained my ankle, so i'll be staying home reloading some .44magnum.  getting ready for the next time.   :shaka:

zippz

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 10:08:36 AM »
Ill be RSO at Kbay  :(
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

drck1000

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 10:13:04 AM »
sprained my ankle, so i'll be staying home reloading some .44magnum.  getting ready for the next time.   :shaka:
Go shoot with Inspector's crew.  Even in a wheelchair, you'd be about the right "speed".   ;D

Just kidding Inspector.  Well, mostly.   :P

Well, you're enabling others to enjoy shooting, so  :thumbsup:

When I used to RSO at SRGC, I often would be able to shoot near the end of the range day.  Even here and there when members would "insist" I try their new (insert firearm). 

Teichi

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 10:14:24 AM »
I'll be OIC at Kbay ;)

Heavies

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 10:25:46 AM »
Won't be doing any for a while.  Toooooooooooo Busy! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

macsak

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2018, 10:29:22 AM »

i'll be in the HDF bay all day as an RSO

drck1000

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2018, 10:29:50 AM »
I'll be OIC at Kbay ;)

What's going on there?  Just open range?  I thought they had something like a "family and friends Friday".  A couple of friends have been trying to get me to shoot with them out there for a while.  One still lives on base.  I just haven't been able to make it out on the days they have it. 

Won't be doing any for a while.  Toooooooooooo Busy! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
:(

At least you'll be saving up for more black powdah! 

drck1000

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2018, 10:30:53 AM »
i'll be in the HDF bay all day as an RSO
You usually get to shoot then though, right? 

Hopefully the weather with be MUCH nicer than last week. 

Did any of the AK guys "test" their guns and dump them in the puddles? 

macsak

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2018, 10:35:41 AM »
Did any of the AK guys "test" their guns and dump them in the puddles?

we tried to talk them into it, but no takers
 :wacko:

drck1000

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2018, 10:39:57 AM »
we tried to talk them into it, but no takers
 :wacko:
I will try when I get my AK project completed. 

I have shot my ARs in pouring rain and snow, but never purposely dumped it in water.  I've seen other (including instructors) do stuff like bury their handgun in snow, take it out and then shoot them.  Funny stuff.  I wish I got some of that on video. 

Teichi

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2018, 11:08:40 AM »
What's going on there?  Just open range?  I thought they had something like a "family and friends Friday".  A couple of friends have been trying to get me to shoot with them out there for a while.  One still lives on base.  I just haven't been able to make it out on the days they have it. 
 :(

The Commander of Marine Corps Base Hawaii (MCBH) has been enforcing the regulations regarding the recreational shooting at Kbay. The Puuloa Rifle and Pistol Club (PRPC) still holds a charter with the Marine Corps Community Services (MCCS) to operate on base at Puuloa and KBay. PRPC must follow all base regulations regarding the operations on MCBH to include certified OIC/RSO personnel, required beach guards, certified emergency medical personnel, with aid bag, cervical collar, designated safety vehicles, and casualty litter. Proof of rifle or pistol registration is required.This will be the first time in close to 20 years that PRPC will be using KBay Ranges.

PRPC does not conduct an "open" range. We primarily conduct a multiple relay known distance live fire using the NRA/CMP National Match Course of fire. 200 yards slowfire, 200 yards rapid fire, 300 yards rapid fire, 500/600 yards slow fire.

Our website is www.puuloa.com

rklapp

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2018, 01:44:17 PM »
Gotta be pricey to operate the Kbay boat patrols for non-military purposes.

I wouldn't mind dumping my AK VEPR in the mud. Has me curious.

I've been busy in Hilo this week so no ammo loaded yet. Lots of beach cleanups going on and I've been feeling the need for beach time lately. Probably from all the rain we've been having.
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

changemyoil66

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2018, 01:56:06 PM »
Ill be at the hdf shoot. Back is better, no plate carrier though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ren

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2018, 02:29:11 PM »
Gotta be pricey to operate the Kbay boat patrols for non-military purposes.

an you know this man...

Deeds Not Words

Rhed

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2018, 02:52:19 PM »
I gotta go church this Sunday..

robtmc

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2018, 08:22:29 PM »
I'll be OIC at Kbay ;)

Now if there was a way to get something like this started at Pohakuloa.  Both army and Marine Corps use the range facility.  Cannot believe the ranges are all that crowded that civilians could not be accommodated.  No safety boats needed, etc.

I mean, geezus, you ever used Google Earth to see all the ranges they have there?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 08:41:45 PM by robtmc »

ren

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2018, 08:27:25 PM »
Now if there was a way to get something like this started at Pohakuloa.  Both army and Marine Corps use the range facility.  Cannot believe the ranges are all that crowded that civilians could not be accommodated.  No safety boats, etc.

I mean, geezus, you ever used Google Earth to see all the ranges they have there?

it would be a world class range
Deeds Not Words