Good guys With Guns (Read 7132 times)

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Good guys With Guns
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2019, 10:18:31 AM »
Tag. You’re It.
I got the last word. (How long will this go on? Stay tuned I guess)
 :geekdanc: ( snowflapp dance)

P.S. thanks for the tinfoil CMO. It’s very soothing.

I hate to disappoint you.  I know this is the only fun you have.

Come at me again, troll boy. 

:geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:      :geekdanc:     
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

drck1000

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2019, 10:32:11 AM »

I was suggesting this forum alienates the pro-2A Democrats which I’m guessing there are a crap load of ‘em in this State judging by whose in office and the number of gun owners.
I agree with this. Though I would think most would see right through much of the rhetoric as mostly venting.

As a wide friend mentioned the other day, this is a 2s thing that ALL should get behind. Alienating any pro-2a group or individuals for that matter doesn’t help. Enough of the various shooting groups bickering and get together and fight this BS

Ok, end my venting. Coffee now kicking in.

Have a good day!

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2019, 10:33:48 AM »
I agree with this. Though I would think most would see right through much of the rhetoric as mostly venting.

As a wide friend mentioned the other day, this is a 2s thing that ALL should get behind. Alienating any pro-2a group or individuals for that matter doesn’t help. Enough of the various shooting groups bickering and get together and fight this BS

Ok, end my venting. Coffee now kicking in.

Have a good day!

You shouldn't pick on people for their size!   :wave:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

drck1000

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2019, 10:37:16 AM »
You shouldn't pick on people for their size!   :wave:
Fawk!

WiSe...  While this friend definitely isn’t skinny, he’s not fat. Or at least that much fatter than I am 😳

And before Mr. Tourette’s shows up #nofocus

macsak

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2019, 10:44:05 AM »
Fawk!

WiSe...  While this friend definitely isn’t skinny, he’s not fat. Or at least that much fatter than I am 😳

And before Mr. Tourette’s shows up #nofocus

heads

changemyoil66

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2019, 11:42:28 AM »
Interview done on the guy who killed the shooter, he said he was watching this guy because he didn't look right.  So situational awareness was first.  Guy wearing a black trench coat does stick out.

Shooter had history of weapons violations so he had the shotgun illegally.  The difference is that he was stopped within seconds of shooting.

Inspector

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2019, 12:00:55 PM »
I was suggesting this forum alienates the pro-2A Democrats which I’m guessing there are a crap load of ‘em in this State judging by whose in office and the number of gun owners.
Yeah, I figured that. I’m guessing there are not that many. But honestly, who knows for sure? I’m not sure how they figure how many gun owners there are here? If they go by the registration records then they are WAAAAAY off cuz they don’t destroy them when someone leaves. This is just my feeling but I think the number of gun owners they estimate are on island are probably much smaller than what I see as estimates. But that is just my opinion only. I have no basis in fact on this.

I’m also always Leary of the number of guests to members viewing at any given moment. (Borrowed some of Changemyoil’s tinfoil)
Paranoid much?  :rofl:

We’re like the Hawaiians. (Hope Kuleana doesn’t see this or this thread is going off the rails)
Yeah, let’s try and keep this on topic.  :rofl:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

drck1000

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2019, 12:58:57 PM »
Yeah, let’s try and keep this on topic.  :rofl:
Another $5 bet? 😝

stangzilla

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2019, 01:01:40 PM »
By "citizen," do you include citizens with badges?

Because a guy named Deedy -- a man with a badge and a gun -- has had his life ruined for committing what the state has charged as murder.

I am only considering lawfully armed citizens in Hawaii, of which we have none

Inspector

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2019, 01:02:21 PM »
Another $5 bet? 😝
No one here does anything illegal.  :rofl:

zippz

« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2019, 01:03:24 PM »
. There are so many fractured groups here that if we could organize everyone together we might stand a chance.

Almost like a coalition.  Sounds like a good concept.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

stangzilla

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2019, 01:04:03 PM »
Wasn't there a guy who worked at Xerox on Ohau that killed a few of his fellow workers?
How about the cop on the BI that chased his wife down and killed her, this was in Waikola village? 
I'm sure I can find a few more.  I don't care about your life, if you don't.
I'm willing to risk that my fellow gun owners are responsible.
I'm very sure the Hawaii Democrat party is not trustworthy.
They run the government and the cops.  That is proof enough,
we need concealed carry or open carry guns for our personal
protection.
The video of the Texas church shooting may be disturbing. I'll
post it if requested, 911 would not have worked.
HPD would do what they do best, write reports.

sorry, I should have been more clear in my post.  I meant lawfully armed citizens, and not off duty or retired LEO or armed security.  we don't have any lawfully armed civilian citizens in Hawaii, and that was my point

groveler

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2019, 02:14:35 PM »
sorry, I should have been more clear in my post.  I meant lawfully armed citizens, and not off duty or retired LEO or armed security.  we don't have any lawfully armed civilian citizens in Hawaii, and that was my point
Gottcha.
I think we are also allowed to have loaded firearms at our residence, place of business or place of Sojourn.
Hunters with a hunting license can also wander around in a designated hunting area with loaded firearms.
But you are correct, outside the areas I mentioned loaded firearms are illegal for civilians.
I don't,  but I know a lot of people that ignore that law, I just can't remember their names or where they live.
Aloha.

Bota-CS1

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2019, 03:43:55 PM »
Sometimes it takes an eye opening event to show the way.  No matter how many stats are given, it takes just 1 thing to help show the way.

This is the way.  Weapons are part of my religion.  I have spoken.
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

oldfart

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2019, 04:38:19 PM »
What if the exact same incident happened here?
It would be an conundrum for the police and prosecutor.
What, Me Worry?

6716J

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2019, 05:48:27 PM »
Almost like a coalition.  Sounds like a good concept.

How about something like....... OH I know!

Hawaii Firearms Coalition

Yeah that's a good name. Now who could we get to organize such a thing?......

Back to you Zippz

And see you on the 30th
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

Bota-CS1

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2019, 05:31:35 AM »
What if the exact same incident happened here?
It would be an conundrum for the police and prosecutor.

I’m sure someone like Rhoads would lean heavily on the Chief and Prosecutor to bring charges against that person for acting in self defense or to preserve life.  Remeber, this is the man that has his “finger on the pulse” of what’s going on in the community.   
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

Inspector

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2019, 06:56:07 AM »
How about something like....... OH I know!

Hawaii Firearms Coalition

Yeah that's a good name. Now who could we get to organize such a thing?......

Back to you Zippz

And see you on the 30th
I’m sure Zippz and London are doing the best they can with what they have to work with. So far what I have seen is pretty impressive. I applaud them for what they have accomplished so far.

But I think in order to have more influence on our elected officials who are not afraid of losing their jobs, we need numbers. And to get numbers we need experienced, professional organizers with money to try and bring together all of these fractured entities and independent voters. The Republican Party has abandoned Hawaii and it shows.

Glasser

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2019, 10:38:22 AM »
Wasn't there a guy who worked at Xerox on Ohau that killed a few of his fellow workers?
How about the cop on the BI that chased his wife down and killed her, this was in Waikola village? 
I'm sure I can find a few more.  I don't care about your life, if you don't.
I'm willing to risk that my fellow gun owners are responsible.
I'm very sure the Hawaii Democrat party is not trustworthy.
They run the government and the cops.  That is proof enough,
we need concealed carry or open carry guns for our personal
protection.
The video of the Texas church shooting may be disturbing. I'll
post it if requested, 911 would not have worked.
HPD would do what they do best, write reports.

I guess you could add John Miranda? He didnt kill any co-workers but had killed his GF prior to taking hostages at gunpoint.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_Honolulu_hostage_crisis

« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 10:43:41 AM by Glasser »

Glasser

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2019, 11:36:57 AM »
https://bongino.com/the-stats-on-self-defensive-gun-use-liberals-dont-want-you-to-see/

To summarize a number of studies on the issue:

The National Crime Victimization Survey is administered twice a year by the Bureau of Justice Statistics, and provides the most conservative estimate of SDGU at about 100,000 cases per year. Of note, the survey requires individuals to self-report to the federal government that they used a firearm in self-defense while providing their name and contact information. Most will be hesitant to do so for obvious reasons, so this estimate should be taken as the absolute minimum.

A 1994 survey conducted by Bill Clinton’s Center for Disease Control (CDC) found that Americans use guns to frighten away intruders who are breaking into their homes about 500,000 times per year.

Obama’s CDC conducted a gun control study in 2013, finding that “Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million…”

Criminologists Gary Kleck and Marc Gertz published a study back in 1995 in which they found that gun use accounted more for defensive gun use than it did for criminal activity.” A literature review of thirteen studies in their paper provides a range of between 800,000-2.5 million SDGUs. A follow-on study in 1997 argues that that SDGU accounted for more than 80% of all gun use in America.

CDC survey data from the 1990s that was unpublished but accessed and analyzed in 2018 by Kleck implies roughly 1 million SDGUs per year.

According to the National Survey of Private Firearms Ownership, there are 1.5 million self-defensive gun uses every year.

According to a paper by David Kopel, Paul Gallant, and Joanne Eisen, “[F]irearms are used over half a million times a year against home invasion burglars; usually the burglar flees as soon as he finds out that the victim is armed, and no shot is ever fired,” and “Annually, three to six times as many victims successfully defend themselves with handguns as criminals misuse handguns (thus handguns do up to six times more good than harm).”

There are at least hundreds of thousands of SDGU per year – but don’t expect to hear about 99.99% of them in the mainstream media.