MAGPUL AK47 MAGAZINE (Read 3853 times)

Kingkeoni

MAGPUL AK47 MAGAZINE
« on: February 16, 2014, 06:43:48 PM »
So after a long wait, it's finally here.

Magpul's first AK magazine.

After virtually owning the AR magazine market, magpul has decided to take on the Kalashnikov and its variants.

I test fitted the magazine in everything AK that I have and have to say, this damn thing fits well in everything.

I'm not too worried about finding magazines for most of my AK's because they'll literally feed ammo out of any old magazine at all.

The real test would be my PTR-91, chambered in 7.62x39 and engineered to take any AK magazine.

Historically, most metal AK mags don't work too well in this otherwise excellent rifle. I've been using "circle 10's" and they work perfectly.

If magpul's mag would work with this rifle, I'd be impressed.

I clicked the magazine in and lo and behold, it fit perfectly. Almost as if magpul made this magazine for this rifle.

Ok, it fits well but how will it function?

This mag did everything it was supposed to do and it did it well.

Feeding was smooth and flawless.

I have no complaints about this magazine at all.

The magazine itself feels light but extremely solid and well built.

I ran 7 magazine loads through the gun (210 rounds) and the mag worked perfectly.

For good measure I fired 90 rounds out of my SGL-21. Another perfect performance for the little mag that could.

If you can find it, I would highly recommend this magazine for any AK or variant owner.
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

macsak

Re: MAGPUL AK47 MAGAZINE
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 06:51:37 PM »
So after a long wait, it's finally here.

Magpul's first AK magazine.

After virtually owning the AR magazine market, magpul has decided to take on the Kalashnikov and its variants.

I test fitted the magazine in everything AK that I have and have to say, this damn thing fits well in everything.

I'm not too worried about finding magazines for most of my AK's because they'll literally feed ammo out of any old magazine at all.

The real test would be my PTR-91, chambered in 7.62x39 and engineered to take any AK magazine.

Historically, most metal AK mags don't work too well in this otherwise excellent rifle. I've been using "circle 10's" and they work perfectly.

If magpul's mag would work with this rifle, I'd be impressed.

I clicked the magazine in and lo and behold, it fit perfectly. Almost as if magpul made this magazine for this rifle.

Ok, it fits well but how will it function?

This mag did everything it was supposed to do and it did it well.

Feeding was smooth and flawless.

I have no complaints about this magazine at all.

The magazine itself feels light but extremely solid and well built.

I ran 7 magazine loads through the gun (210 rounds) and the mag worked perfectly.

For good measure I fired 90 rounds out of my SGL-21. Another perfect performance for the little mag that could.

If you can find it, I would highly recommend this magazine for any AK or variant owner.

great report

red on the base and follower?
for the red army?

Bunker

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 08:12:52 PM »
I'd personally wait for the Gen 2 steel reinforced if this was my thing, only because I've seen this mag fail the drop test. But overall seems to be a pretty good mag, although I'm too much of a purist to own one. JMHO

JHanawahine

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 09:00:20 PM »
Thanks KK.saw kgs was sold out.wanted to see how they fit

AWS-GTAW

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 11:15:41 AM »
This magazine may be comparable to the Tapco mags.  Seems like they can't hold up a drop test from stomach high. 

Kingkeoni

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 05:12:04 PM »
This magazine may be comparable to the Tapco mags.  Seems like they can't hold up a drop test from stomach high. 

Tapco mags have caused FTF's in rifles I've used them in.

The magpul's functioned perfectly for me.
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

TastesLikeMetal

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 09:26:09 PM »

He mentioned a steel reinforced version coming soon, I read about those not long ago.