Good deal on a ballistic helmet? (Read 3508 times)

eyeeatingfish

Good deal on a ballistic helmet?
« on: November 16, 2016, 02:40:48 PM »
Got this in my email. Wondering if it is a good deal. $300 seems to be the starting for a basic ballistic helmet but they go all the way up to $1,000 and they all seem to claim IIIA rating....

Is it true ballistic helmets have an expiration date?

https://www.botach.com/longfri-tactical-ballistic-helmets/?utm_source=botach.com&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=BotachFlashSale-Longfri-11/15/16

suka

Re: Good deal on a ballistic helmet?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 03:51:30 PM »
run forest run.................

hvybarrels

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 03:59:44 PM »
If there was one that could double as a motorcycle helmet it would help justify the cost, but I think it's two completely different kinds of smashy. Interested to see what you find.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 07:55:05 PM »
If there was one that could double as a motorcycle helmet it would help justify the cost, but I think it's two completely different kinds of smashy. Interested to see what you find.

Interesting idea but not really what I was looking at. But yes, I do believe they are two different types of smashy.

rhironaka808

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 09:36:47 PM »
Yes. Level 3a only. No DOT or snell ratings for ballistic helmets.

Surf

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 07:29:47 AM »
Generally speaking armor expiration time frame is 5 years from date of manufacture.  This usually includes soft and hard armor.