Range rules/requirements (Read 9896 times)

TastesLikeMetal

Range rules/requirements
« on: November 24, 2016, 10:24:34 AM »
I'd like to check it out some time but live in Kaimuki so want to make sure I bring what's necessary.  Here are my questions.

1. Dress requirements.
2. Caliber limits/Ammo available.
3. Are there any legal docs required.
4. Anything else I need to know?

Thank you

Boxcar682

Re: Range rules/requirements
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 10:38:15 AM »
Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving!

From X-Ring's website:

To use our facility, please follow these instructions before coming to X-Ring Indoor Range.

Four firearm limit per person (no more than 2 long guns).
No outside ammunition.
No outside target.
Firearm must be in a case no longer than 41″.
Minimun age requirement 13 years old, must be with legal guardians.
Photo Idenfication required for use of the range facility. (Children must have State ID Card)

Dress Code

To ensure a SAFE and satisfactory experience, the following dress code will be enforced.

The following are NOT allowed:

Flip-Flops, sandals or open footwear of any kind.
Tank tops or low-cut tops.
Clothing or jewelry displaying: drugs, obscenities, lewd or illegal behavior, sexual overtones. etc. or any reference that is disruptive or disrespecful to others.

TastesLikeMetal

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 11:19:31 AM »
Didn't know they had a Website, thanks and Happy Thanksgiving.  I'll go see if there's a Caliber limit there.

Heavies

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 02:31:20 PM »
I am thinking they said the backstop can handle up to .50BMG.

You have to buy ammo from them when you shoot, so probably better to call first and see if they have what you want before you go down.

nhtango

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 04:22:50 PM »
Oh goodness, no. Rifle caliber up to 7.62/.308 and all Pistol calibers.
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
USMC Combat Marksmanship Trainer
USMC Combat Marksmanship Coach

Heavies

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 06:10:56 PM »
Guess that entire flier they put out is out the window entirely..  cause it said .50BMG RATED.

Oh well.

WTF?Shane

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 03:17:18 PM »
Bumping this because of new policies put into place. I don't pay attention to their social media stuff, so I was unaware. I asked Brian of their rapid fire policies before I started blasting away.

Need to be qualified by them to shoot from holster, and rapid fire from handgun and long gun.

Have to take their CCW class to allow to draw from holster.

Rapid fire qualification is on 14" target at 7yds for handgun and 15yds for long gun. Drills are controlled pair (not sure of par time), 5rds in 3 seconds, and 10rds in 5 seconds.

$20 for qualifying run. Qualification is good for 1 year.

If any officials want to clarify or add to this, please correct me.  :thumbsup:

suka

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2017, 08:26:52 PM »
glad I didn't hop onto their bandwagon ; at 120rds a min. seems like KoKo Head speeds.

Why bother if someone can't shoot at least 300-500 rds a min.

PalisadesKid

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2017, 06:25:42 PM »
Bumping this because of new policies put into place. I don't pay attention to their social media stuff, so I was unaware. I asked Brian of their rapid fire policies before I started blasting away.

Need to be qualified by them to shoot from holster, and rapid fire from handgun and long gun.

Rapid fire qualification is on 14" target at 7yds for handgun and 15yds for long gun. Drills are controlled pair (not sure of par time),2rnds in 2 seconds, 5rds in 3 seconds, and 10rds in 5 seconds.

Yes sir you're right.

Just did the pistol rapid fire qualification myself last weekend. It's pretty easy and definitely do-able. One thing to add in addition to what you previously mentioned, is that 15 out of 17 shots MUST remain within the outer most No. 5 ring in addition to getting those incremental shots at each interval noted above.

zippz

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2017, 08:29:46 PM »
You have to do it every year? :wacko:
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Bushido

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2017, 08:53:15 PM »

I believe they were doing a free qualification if you are signed up for their next League Night.

WTF?Shane

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2017, 12:10:08 PM »

Rapid fire qualification is on 14" target at 7yds for handgun and 15yds for long gun. Drills are controlled pair (not sure of par time), 5rds in 3 seconds, and 10rds in 5 seconds.