Russian New Warfare Handbook (Read 3272 times)

London808

Russian New Warfare Handbook
« on: September 26, 2017, 04:00:36 PM »
A handbook for U.S. Army formations to increase awareness of Russian tactics, nearpeer
capabilities, and current U.S. non-material solutions to mitigate the threat posed
by Russian proxies.

https://info.publicintelligence.net/AWG-RussianNewWarfareHandbook.pdf

Russian officials have criticized a U.S. military handbook preparing soldiers for a possible future conflict with Moscow and its allies.

Described as a guide intended "to increase awareness of Russian tactics, near-peer capabilities, and current U.S. non-material solutions to mitigate the threat posed by Russian proxies," the 68-page document, "Russian New Generation Warfare Handbook," details how Russia's military has evolved and improved since the Cold War and calls on the U.S. to make changes to face the "Russian threat." In response, Russian Embassy spokesperson Nikolai Lakhonin called the handbook a "clear contradiction" of both nations' attempts to rebuild bilateral ties.
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

London808

Re: Russian New Warfare Handbook
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 04:09:58 PM »
"Parachute cord (550 chord) and silly string can be used in an urban environment to drape over and identify trip wires."

LOL
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

changemyoil66

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 10:18:52 AM »
I wonder if they still fear the A-10?

mangosteenqueen

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 08:59:15 PM »
You can learn quite a lot from Ukrainian/separatist combat footage of the Ukraine conflict. High volume of fire and lots of large caliber firepower, although you don't see much aircraft or air combat.
The A-10 can still do a lot of damage and even if it doesn't penetrate the main battle tanks, I'm sure it can cause a lot of panic to the crew because who wouldn't be scared of 30mm fired at over 4,000 rounds per minute right at them?

changemyoil66

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 09:26:28 AM »
You can learn quite a lot from Ukrainian/separatist combat footage of the Ukraine conflict. High volume of fire and lots of large caliber firepower, although you don't see much aircraft or air combat.
The A-10 can still do a lot of damage and even if it doesn't penetrate the main battle tanks, I'm sure it can cause a lot of panic to the crew because who wouldn't be scared of 30mm fired at over 4,000 rounds per minute right at them?

During the cold war, Russian said 1 of the things that was a threat deterrent was the A10.

dirtylickins

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • I carry a gun... Cause carrying a cop is too heavy
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 10:33:22 PM »
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1553494718006455&id=344861402203132

When you don't have target stands you use your buddies.

rklapp

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 08:58:17 AM »
I remember watching "film" in the 80s (there were no "videos" back then) of Russians doing live fire with the message from the DIs that this is why we can't underestimate the Russian army because their training is more dangerous than ours. I guess that's the advantage of living in a non-litigious, communist state.
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/