CCW FTW! (Read 264 times)

ren

CCW FTW!
« on: October 11, 2017, 07:50:47 PM »

rklapp

Re: CCW FTW!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 07:51:00 AM »
Didn't you know that this never happens and carrying a gun never thwarts a robbery???  :crazy:
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
Mosin Nagant 91/30 (1942) with 1x reddot
AR-15 Varmint 24" with Vortex 16x
AK-47 VEPR 23" with Vortex 6x
300BLK 16" upper with Barska 16x

changemyoil66

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 09:13:07 AM »
Detroit has some brains, they actually issue CCW's now due to the crime. 

oldfart

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 10:41:52 AM »
Outstanding :thumbsup:
What, Me Worry?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 10:44:41 AM »
Detroit has some brains, they actually issue CCW's now due to the crime.

Detroit police chief: ‘No question in my mind’ legal gun ownership deters crime

By Jessica Chasmar - The Washington Times - Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Detroit has experienced 37 percent fewer robberies than it did last year, and Police Chief James Craig is crediting
armed citizens for the drop.

“Criminals are getting the message that good Detroiters are armed and will use that weapon,” said Chief Craig,
who has been an open advocate for private gun ownership, the Detroit News reported. “I don’t want to take away
from the good work our investigators are doing, but I think part of the drop in crime, and robberies in particular,
is because criminals are thinking twice that citizens could be armed.

“I can’t say what specific percentage is caused by this, but there’s no question in my mind it has had an effect,”
he added.

In addition to the drop in robberies, Detroit has seen 22 percent fewer break-ins of businesses and homes and
30 percent fewer carjackings in 2014 than during the same period last year, the Detroit News reported.

Chief Craig said, however, that he doesn’t believe gun ownership deters criminals from attacking other criminals.

“They automatically assume another criminal is carrying,” he said. “I’m talking about criminals who are thinking
of robbing a citizen; they’re less likely to do so if they think they might be armed.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/16/detroit-police-chief-no-question-my-mind-legal-gun/
I'm not saying I'm Batman, but I am saying the two of us have never been seen together!