"I am going to the range today" (Read 381209 times)

stangzilla

Re: "I am going to the range today"
« Reply #1120 on: February 28, 2024, 09:32:18 AM »
Oh look who was there today!
Our favorite madaf..

that madah F'n madafaka!  >:D

oldfart

« Reply #1121 on: March 10, 2024, 08:54:27 PM »
They had to shut down the range today to rescue someone.  I guess they were afraid of someone with a 50 cal might take a shot at the helicopter.
I also saw zip out there shooting.
What, Me Worry?

ren

« Reply #1122 on: March 10, 2024, 08:56:35 PM »
They had to shut down the range today to rescue someone.  I guess they were afraid of someone with a 50 cal might take a shot at the helicopter.
I also saw zip out there shooting.

They sent an officer down to shut down the range due to the rescue. I wonder how much it cost the heli to fly? It took awhile. Was windy. Were you on rifle side?  :shaka:
Deeds Not Words

oldfart

« Reply #1123 on: March 10, 2024, 09:27:35 PM »
They sent an officer down to shut down the range due to the rescue. I wonder how much it cost the heli to fly? It took awhile. Was windy. Were you on rifle side?  :shaka:
I went to the rifle side to look around, then went to shoot pistol.
I saw my next door neighbor out there too.
Had a chat with jc1271, my cousin, and Frank the rangemaster.
What, Me Worry?

oldfart

« Reply #1124 on: March 25, 2024, 08:24:54 AM »
Have not seen this for a while.
Glock pistol 9mm case head blown out.
A reloaded round.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 04:15:27 AM by oldfart »
What, Me Worry?

ren

« Reply #1125 on: April 28, 2024, 09:45:06 AM »
for those that have the intestinal fortitude to "go train" and discuss the finer mechanics of an M4 and VCOG - headed to the east side range today
Deeds Not Words

oldfart

« Reply #1126 on: April 28, 2024, 06:41:14 PM »
for those that have the intestinal fortitude to "go train" and discuss the finer mechanics of an M4 and VCOG - headed to the east side range today
...I was there by the black powder guys all day.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 01:11:36 AM by oldfart »
What, Me Worry?

macsak

« Reply #1127 on: April 28, 2024, 06:59:29 PM »
heads

« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 04:22:26 AM by macsak »

ren

« Reply #1128 on: April 29, 2024, 07:20:45 AM »
Great day at the range. Barrel wasn't hot thanks to my Geiselle and BCM handguards. I enjoyed the drive.
Deeds Not Words

zippz

« Reply #1129 on: May 04, 2024, 12:42:27 PM »
HFD helicopter has been searching the Kaiwi Coast all morning, someone's missing.  Range has been stopped off and on.

Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

ren

« Reply #1130 on: May 04, 2024, 01:00:54 PM »
HFD helicopter has been searching the Kaiwi Coast all morning, someone's missing.  Range has been stopped off and on.

what event is this?
Deeds Not Words

hvybarrels

« Reply #1131 on: May 04, 2024, 02:23:25 PM »
Action bays are open? When’s the next range day?
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

zippz

« Reply #1132 on: May 04, 2024, 03:34:27 PM »
what event is this?

MPPL USPSA.  We got 2/3rds way through the match before shutting down for the day.

HFD says it's a missing person, could be on land or sea.  They will probably be searching tomorrow again.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Antithesis

« Reply #1133 on: May 04, 2024, 03:51:35 PM »
I saw all police and EMT vehicles at the lookout points this morning right outside of Kokohead Rifle Road. They seemed to be scanning the ocean for someone.

I believe they're looking for this guy:

« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 03:57:13 PM by Antithesis »
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
If you wish for peace, prepare for war

oldfart

« Reply #1134 on: May 04, 2024, 08:00:40 PM »
Yeah makes sense now. They were searching land and sea.
What, Me Worry?

changemyoil66

« Reply #1135 on: May 06, 2024, 07:58:51 AM »
Went to the bay this weekend. Haven't shot for 2 years, except for the CCW quals (VP9 and Shield).  I know a firearm that's property stored can sit for a while.  Trust, but verify.  So my AR, I used grease because the oil kept drying out and I got tired of checking ever other month or so.  IDK the brand, got some free grease when Mrs. CMO attended the girls only classes in CO a few years ago.  They gave out various samples of stuff.

I also wanted to shoot my ammo that isn't stored in a air tight ammo can.  I usually shoot this ammo once a year, but with covid and range closed, I haven't.  So about 4 years the ammo was out in the open air.  It all functioned correctly, from 223, 9mm and 45acp.

Got to shoot the 1911 and I missed it as my range time with her was limited since I purchased her.

oldfart

« Reply #1136 on: May 06, 2024, 10:52:14 AM »
Went to the bay this weekend. Haven't shot for 2 years, except for the CCW quals (VP9 and Shield). 

Got to shoot the 1911 and I missed it as my range time with her was limited since I purchased her.
Guns are like children. If you neglect them, some government agency will come and take them away.
What, Me Worry?

QUIETShooter

« Reply #1137 on: May 06, 2024, 11:04:58 AM »
Guns are like children. If you neglect them, some government agency will come and take them away.

And like the children, given to foster people (LE?) who end up neglecting them anyway.  Like the KPD Chief that likes to leave his firearm in the bathroom after he takes a shiite.

Or the HPD officer that left his rifle unattended.

Or the HPD officer that got his "equipment" stolen.  Translation: firearm.

Yep if or when taken away, our firearms are in good hands.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

changemyoil66

« Reply #1138 on: May 06, 2024, 11:14:04 AM »
And like the children, given to foster people (LE?) who end up neglecting them anyway.  Like the KPD Chief that likes to leave his firearm in the bathroom after he takes a shiite.

Or the HPD officer that left his rifle unattended.

Or the HPD officer that got his "equipment" stolen.  Translation: firearm.

Yep if or when taken away, our firearms are in good hands.

Sounds like PD should also have a places to keep law.  If your place of business has a restroom that's outside of your office.  Is this restroom still your place of business?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #1139 on: May 06, 2024, 11:57:29 AM »
Sounds like PD should also have a places to keep law.  If your place of business has a restroom that's outside of your office.  Is this restroom still your place of business?

They have open carry and concealed carry privileges.  Plus they are within reach of the weapon, so they have immediate control of it.

Even if there were special Places to Keep laws for that, in this instance the weapon was not intentionally left unattended.

A better law would include negligence or recklessness, where they do something they know they should not do.  We have way too many laws specifically for guns when a broader statute already exists or should be created.

Why is robbery with a firearm considered a worse crime than robbery using brute strength or a metal pipe?  Why not make the laws against all robberies as serious as they do armed robberies?
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall