Can anyone recommend a physician (Read 7660 times)

02camss

Can anyone recommend a physician
« on: February 20, 2018, 12:57:37 PM »
I have Kaiser and need to find an outside Doctor to get a medical clearance letter.  Can anyone recommend a doctor?  I tried looking through the older post.  Please PM me if you can help.  Thanks

Juggs

Re: Can anyone recommend a physician
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 09:39:00 AM »
I’m also needing a referral. Nothing found via search. Please PM if possible, thanks!

zippz

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 10:24:28 AM »
Try sending message to HRA.  They're tracking this and may be able to give you some tips
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

tillamook

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 11:19:07 AM »
Im on the Big Island and will do clearance letters.  I've had quite a few people have to fly over from Oahu to see me.  PM me for more information and the scheduling process. 

It is not up and running yet but DRGO will have a list of firearm friendly doctors available on request hopefully soon
https://drgo.us/2adoc-com-will-connect-patients-and-providers/

Juggs

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 10:24:57 PM »
I found a psychiatrist that will help with medical clearance letters and very much supports the constitution. He gave me the OK to post his contact info, and he’s reached out to the HRA.

Dr. Thomas Cook

stangzilla

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 05:26:56 AM »
I found a psychiatrist that will help with medical clearance letters and very much supports the constitution. He gave me the OK to post his contact info, and he’s reached out to the HRA.

Dr. Thomas Cook

Good to know there are people on our side  :thumbsup:

kf2num

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 11:50:53 AM »

Dr. Thomas Cook

Hi, Juggs. Did Dr. Cook write the medical clearance letter for you? I'm stuck in the same situation with Kaiser.

Q

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 05:10:19 PM »
Dr. Greenly if on oahu

Soleyobo

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2018, 12:20:17 AM »
Do these contacts still work?  I just switched to Kaiser but reading the horror stories I might switch back to HMSA.   :shake:

RSN172

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2018, 11:15:15 AM »
Try Dr Josh Green  LOL

rklapp

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2018, 08:24:49 PM »
Do these contacts still work?  I just switched to Kaiser but reading the horror stories I might switch back to HMSA.   :shake:
I've filled out the Kaiser authorization form twice with no problems (yet).
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

stangzilla

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2018, 05:32:53 AM »
If you have kaiser and have never seen a psychologist  or behavioral health, you won't get denied. It's when you went to BH, then it puts the ball in the court of HPD. Then they can red flag you if they so desire. That's when they get the green light to infringe on our 2A rights. You could have seen BH for biting your finger nails or having a nightmare, doesnt matter. Once you're red flagged, you red flagged for life!  :grrr:

hawaiian808

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2020, 09:57:21 AM »
Having the same problem with Kaiser. Seen a Therapist for a day (25 years ago) and now I had to turn in my firearm to HPD til I get clearance letter. Does anyone know where I can go to get this resolved? It’s also gendering my employment opportunities so I really need this letter. THANK YOU

groveler

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2020, 10:05:09 AM »
Try Dr Josh Green  LOL
You have a sick sense of humor!

hawaiian808

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2020, 10:44:22 AM »
Looked u Dr. Greenly but his office is closed permanently. Trying the other Dr. Thomas Cook but only get voicemail
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 10:56:18 AM by hawaiian808 »

tillamook

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2020, 11:15:48 AM »
Looked u Dr. Greenly but his office is closed permanently. Trying the other Dr. Thomas Cook but only get voicemail

Im on the big island and do them if you are desperate and want to travel (except I no longer do them for active duty LEO)

armsinc

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2020, 07:33:59 AM »
Having the same problem with Kaiser. Seen a Therapist for a day (25 years ago) and now I had to turn in my firearm to HPD til I get clearance letter. Does anyone know where I can go to get this resolved? It’s also gendering my employment opportunities so I really need this letter. THANK YOU
I dont know what your financial situation is but I bet you if you filed a lawsuit stuff with either clear up really fast for you or you could set a precedent.
ArmsInc Hawaii

MrJones

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2020, 10:41:30 AM »
I was red flagged by Kaiser about 10 years ago. I ended up getting a clearance letter from a outside doctor. I want to acquire a new PTA. I have HMSA now for about 10 years. Do I still need the clearance letter? Kaiser red flagged me for seeing a physician 35 years ago for minor depression.

Dr Jones

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2020, 12:18:22 PM »
I was red flagged by Kaiser about 10 years ago. I ended up getting a clearance letter from a outside doctor. I want to acquire a new PTA. I have HMSA now for about 10 years. Do I still need the clearance letter? Kaiser red flagged me for seeing a physician 35 years ago for minor depression.

Dr Jones

If it were me, I'd submit the permit application without the clearance letter.  That's the only way to really know if HMSA will flag you.

If they don't flag you, then you're good.

If HMSA flags you, and HPD asks for the clearance letter, I'd just give them the 10-year-old letter.  If they bitch about it being 10 years old, tell then it should be fine, since HMSA flagged your application for a 35-year-old reason.

That's me, though.  My mindset is to not volunteer information.  If you provide the letter, and HMSA doesn't flag you, you'll confuse them even more.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

MrJones

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2020, 01:22:29 PM »
I was wondering if they look at your old PTA’s and cross check the information.