Kokohead range report 13JAN2013 (Read 13946 times)

ImKu

Kokohead range report 13JAN2013
« on: January 13, 2013, 06:20:26 AM »
0620 All benches taken....I just took the last one.
The mind acts like an enemy for those who do not control it.
- Bhagavad Gita

Hunter1007

Re: Kokohead range report 13JAN2013
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 06:31:39 AM »
Wow that many people shooting with ammo prices the way they are. Wish I could shoot my new rifles I got last month but there is no 5.56 on the island at a decent price.

erocko

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 06:50:55 AM »
Wow. I was there last Sat, at about noon, with about 60-70% of the benches taken.  That could've been the weather, though. It was super windy.

Colt808

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 06:55:37 AM »
Wow that many people shooting with ammo prices the way they are. Wish I could shoot my new rifles I got last month but there is no 5.56 on the island at a decent price.
It's CHEAP when you only fire 1-2 rounds every hour.  ???

FYI: There are A LOT of bench hogs who treat the range as a social club and don't give a crap that others are waiting.
Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it. ~Thomas Paine

And I still see stupid people.

Hunter1007

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 07:05:21 AM »

FYI: There are A LOT of bench hogs who treat the range as a social club and don't give a crap that others are waiting.

No joke! Those guys really take the mantra "One Shot, One Kill" to a whole new level. Well at least the first part. ;D

xer 21

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 11:16:26 AM »

you mean when you go to the range, see three benches open at the end, and you're glad you came early, and then some guy walks out of the shadows and says "oh, my friends are coming.  sorry".

and then 2/3 of them never show up, and the original guy shoots 15 rounds and spend 50 minutes talking with his friends.

Jkeone808

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 11:30:45 AM »
you mean when you go to the range, see three benches open at the end, and you're glad you came early, and then some guy walks out of the shadows and says "oh, my friends are coming.  sorry".

and then 2/3 of them never show up, and the original guy shoots 15 rounds and spend 50 minutes talking with his friends.

That royaly pisses me off every time I see it, which is usually every time I go.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

WCMTWS

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 11:49:15 AM »
Why not say that you'll move when your friend gets here? Or tell them no place holding

Southsyduh808

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 03:23:06 PM »
I was at the range today.... I was expecting it to be crazy so I got there about 5:15am... was SUPRISED to see most benches taken, I guess I planned it right... I got a decent bench 92 but atleast I was blasting away did take 2 breaks for water and a musubi.... but I do DisLIKE when "friends" take up 4 benches and usually only couple guys shooting at a time, I mean I respect the old timers, and their info, but they could have just used 2 benches that would have been used properly and given 2 to the people waiting... but hey early bird always gets the worm too! was a fun day wind was dead-to minimal...  :geekdanc:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 02:19:38 PM by Southsyduh808 »

Kingkeoni

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 04:40:32 PM »
That royaly pisses me off every time I see it, which is usually every time I go.

Fuck em.
Just take the bench.
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

hnl.flyboy

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 07:07:32 PM »
Went to the LIFE class at Action Bay 1...fun time!
LEX MALLA, LEX NULLA

FPC, SAF Life, HDF Life, GOA, HRA, Fun Factory VIP

Funtimes

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2013, 07:25:15 PM »

Same thing I tell them at the movies, "Are they here? If not, they can use your bench when they show up. I can get the range master if you like."

Funtimes

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2013, 07:25:40 PM »
I was able to teach a class today, we had nine students - so I was busy and stressed all day lol.

Aiea78

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Grab em by the handles
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2013, 07:44:46 PM »
Almost need parking meters to time people, like at the tennis courts.  Or something.  Another range would so rock too. 
sigh.
Assault Rifle? What I have here is an Anti-Assault Rifle.
Proud Member 2016 2a Day Dozen open holster carry crew yo

drck1000

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2013, 08:58:53 PM »
Went to the silhouette range with a friend to test out his Sig 2022 that he recently got back from serving at Sig.  It looked like everything was all good until the trigger pin started walking.  Looks like the gun is going back to Sig.

Got to the range around 2 pm and got on the waiting list at the silhouette range.  Got a shooting station at around 2:30 pm.  By 3:00 pm, it was only about half full. 

Dolomite

Kokohead range report 13JAN2013
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 09:47:26 PM »
I was at the life training too.... Great class and lots of fun.... I recommend this class to everyone... Instructors were great and man did they bring a lot of handguns and ammo....

Great bunch of people both students and instructors!!!! Makes you realize that handguns are a lot different from rifles....

Those cowboy guns are actually fun to shoot.... Maybe better than the semi autos.....

badandy

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2013, 10:11:14 PM »
LIFE class today was fun.  Nice to see that the wife is starting to get the bug.   She was a bit intimidated at first, but the instructors did an excellent job of encouraging her to just relax and shoot.  After failing in my attempts to teach her golf and how to lift weights properly, I learned my lesson and left the teaching to the professionals.  I tested her when we got home and she remembered everything.  Thanks again to the LIFE Instructors today(Bill, Lyle, and the rest).  I've been shooting for years, and I still managed to learn a lot.  Thank you for everything.   

« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 06:46:27 AM by badandy »

DuckFat

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 12:36:21 AM »
Fuck em.
Just take the bench.
This

I thought there's a rule against holding benches anyway.....

Same thing I tell them at the movies, "Are they here? If not, they can use your bench when they show up. I can get the range master if you like."
I worked at a movie theater one summer break while I was in high school. I know for a fact that you cannot hold seats for other people because it's OPEN seating. If they put their shit there and walk away you can toss it, sit there, and they can't say "boo" to you. Well they can say "boo"......
Guy gets punched in the face on halloween COMMENT!!.mp4
What if rhinos are just fat unicorns?

Frog

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 01:32:30 AM »

Not to mention every other word out of their mouths is F this or F that!  Have some courtesy to others around you that may have kids with them!   :wtf:

Jkeone808

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2013, 02:10:58 AM »
Fuck em.
Just take the bench.

Next time I'm going to.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington