Poll

Magpul Dynamics Preferred Class Dates

February 3-5 for Carbine1 and 7-9 for Handgun1
35.3%
February 10-12 for Carbine1 and 14-16 for Handgun1
64.7%
Total Members Voted

Magpul Dynamics - Hawaii Class (Read 34851 times)

coldpaint

Re: Magpul Dynamics - Hawaii Class
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2013, 10:09:14 PM »
Would we be able to bring the necessary amount of ammo on a plane to the BI/MAUI or??

Funtimes

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2013, 10:32:24 PM »
Would we be able to bring the necessary amount of ammo on a plane to the BI/MAUI or??

Only 11lbs.  You would definitely need to find a way to get ammo there.  Not sure how much it costs to ship hazmat inter-island?

jonjon

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2013, 10:39:39 PM »

We can try to work with one of the local gun shops on the outer islands to bulk order some ammo for us ahead of time.

kaneohegrown

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2013, 11:25:01 PM »
Totally in for a carbine course. Lol what am I saying, carbine, handgun, shotgun it doesn't matter, I'm in.

dirsh

« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2013, 12:08:01 AM »
We could take the ferry...oh wait
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
╾━╤デ╦︻

GZire

« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2013, 07:27:04 AM »
Only 11lbs.  You would definitely need to find a way to get ammo there.  Not sure how much it costs to ship hazmat inter-island?

YB doesn't note hazmat fee:
http://www.htbyb.com/yb/shipgoods.php?sub=Hazardous+Materials

Ammunition does fall under hazmat though.  If we palletize and send everything at one time it would minimize the charges.  Typically YB will charge by cube and weight.  So the smaller footprint the better.  Something as small as a pallet though I don't know if they'll take weight into account.

GZire

« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2013, 07:28:03 AM »
Totally in for a carbine course. Lol what am I saying, carbine, handgun, shotgun it doesn't matter, I'm in.

Me too.

One question though is basic level of proficiency.  I'm assuming most of us here are at least of medium level and not beginners?

drck1000

« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2013, 07:42:12 AM »
I'd be down for a Level II handgun or carbine.  If it's going to be on the outer island, a two 2-day courses or a longer combined course would appeal most to me.

If there are ranges available and Magpul Dynamics falls through as instructors, let me know and I can contact a few that I looked into coming to Hawaii this year, but couldn't find a range to host.  One of those is Redback One.  I'll actually be going up to the mainland for a 2 day handgun followed by a 2 day carbine with them next week.   I went through their basic carbine last year and it was awesome.  That said, it would be great to have instruction from a range of instructors. 

Dregs

« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2013, 10:17:20 AM »
I'd love to attend. Would have to work up the funds though.

Garuda

« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2013, 09:05:41 PM »
We could take the ferry...oh wait

Lol.  The ferry like most things that aren't here today, made perfect sense. 

What a travesty. 

Lets get some concrete dates set!   :thumbsup:

badandy

« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2013, 12:04:05 AM »
Count me in for any class. 

GPAGAP

« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2013, 01:41:43 AM »
I'm interested in pistol, carbine, shotgun - in that order - any level.

Precision rifle, not so much.

I believe the last training company to come out here was Tactical Response, somewhere outer island?

fstbckgt

« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2013, 04:08:15 AM »
A pistol course would be awesome, I could probably swing 2 or 3 days.

Aiea78

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Grab em by the handles
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2013, 07:04:01 PM »
In and hope to go to something!
Assault Rifle? What I have here is an Anti-Assault Rifle.
Proud Member 2016 2a Day Dozen open holster carry crew yo

Trumper

« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2013, 09:31:32 PM »
just got here and waiting on my stuff from Cal. I would be down for a class. I'm a beginner though.

jonjon

« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2013, 10:07:18 AM »
OK - a little update.

Just got a reply back from Caylen Wojcik the director of Precision Rifle for Magpul Dynamics. He will be meeting with Jon Canipe the director of Carbine operations next week and they will be contacting me to go over the details of holding Magpul classes in Hawaii, I will keep you posted.

Also from the responses so far, looks like a majority of the 2a members would be interested in carbine and handgun courses so I will be more focused on getting details for these classes. As far as possible range host, I have only received one possible location so far on the east side of the Big Island. If anyone knows of any other possible locations please feel free to let us know.

macsak

« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2013, 11:17:18 AM »
interested in mostly handgun
would do 2-3 days
next would be shotgun
then further down would be close range rifle
not really interested at all in long range
i suspect i am in the minority

OK - a little update.

Just got a reply back from Caylen Wojcik the director of Precision Rifle for Magpul Dynamics. He will be meeting with Jon Canipe the director of Carbine operations next week and they will be contacting me to go over the details of holding Magpul classes in Hawaii, I will keep you posted.

Also from the responses so far, looks like a majority of the 2a members would be interested in carbine and handgun courses so I will be more focused on getting details for these classes. As far as possible range host, I have only received one possible location so far on the east side of the Big Island. If anyone knows of any other possible locations please feel free to let us know.

imanley

« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2013, 04:24:50 PM »
OK - a little update.

Nice, thanks for getting this going! Not sure if I could do anything to help, but thanks for keeping up posted!

Funtimes

« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2013, 08:41:52 PM »
As far as classes go, while I would probably attend anything to see how the instructors do and pick up something, I would really be hoping for advanced level classes!

GZire

« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2013, 08:53:08 AM »
interested in mostly handgun
would do 2-3 days
next would be shotgun
then further down would be close range rifle
not really interested at all in long range
i suspect i am in the minority

Nope, I'd look at things the same way.  While I do like long range stuff, it's the least of my concerns.

I'd rather have an intermediate level handgun on up.  Anything rifle/shotgun.