Trump (Read 370981 times)

changemyoil66

Re: Trump
« Reply #1300 on: January 10, 2019, 10:04:13 AM »
Students Hate Trump's Immigration Quotes…

Vids like these crack me up, but sadden me at the same time.  These are supposed to be the future of our nation and TDS blocks the brain from thinking.  You should see the vid he did at UC Berkley. 

I think he also did another vid where he asked a guy about open borders and the guy said he supports it.  So then he ask "would you remove the door from your home and let a stranger sleep in your bed and eat your food?".  The guy said no.  Then he changed his thoughts on open borders.

rklapp

« Reply #1301 on: January 10, 2019, 02:09:19 PM »
If (not saying he will) the President uses emergency funds to build the wall, what would keep a future Democrat President from declaring a gun emergency.

https://youtu.be/yp9SOESnPcA?t=642
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #1302 on: January 10, 2019, 02:11:42 PM »
If (not saying he will) the President uses emergency funds to build the wall, what would keep a future Democrat President from declaring a gun emergency.

And do what? Suspend the Second Amendment?

Slippery slope arguments are rarely honest or correct.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #1303 on: January 10, 2019, 02:33:00 PM »

4D chess.  That's why there was a section in the military budget about this.  IIRC something about engineers.  Can't wait for a Hawaii judge to challenge it, then wins in SCOTUS.

So they knew the DNC might slack on the wall for the budget so it was "hidden" in other budgets just incase.  Just like money for the inspector general (IG).

changemyoil66

« Reply #1304 on: January 10, 2019, 02:34:24 PM »
And do what? Suspend the Second Amendment?

Slippery slope arguments are rarely honest or correct.

Can an XO be signed for a bill like the Assault Weapons Ban 2017/19?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #1305 on: January 10, 2019, 05:28:48 PM »
Can an XO be signed for a bill like the Assault Weapons Ban 2017/19?

If it could, don't you think Obama would have done that already?
-- Melvin Udall

rklapp

« Reply #1306 on: January 10, 2019, 09:17:21 PM »
For nearly everything that President Trump says, there's a video or tweet where he says otherwise. I guess that would explain the 4th dimension in his thinking.

Trumper

« Reply #1307 on: January 10, 2019, 09:34:22 PM »
Can I come over to your house eat your food and sleep with your wife?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #1308 on: January 10, 2019, 09:50:02 PM »
For nearly everything that President Trump says, there's a video or tweet where he says otherwise. I guess that would explain the 4th dimension in his thinking.

You should look for the full video so you have some context for that sound bite from 15 years ago.

Then, if you don't already know the definition, you should look up the meaning for "metaphorically speaking."

He was giving advice to graduates, saying to never give up in trying to achieve their dreams.
-- Melvin Udall

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #1309 on: January 10, 2019, 10:29:51 PM »
For the environment, it all depends what your beliefs are.  We have lots of oil in our nation and nearby oceans.  But due to tree huggers, have been prevented from drilling.  Hence buying from the middle east.  So increased prices and less jobs and supporting other nations.  Same concept for the straw ban in CA and like laws.  Because yes banning straws will save the environment.  Instead lets cut down more trees to make the paper straws.  I could care less, the environment will be fine.  I'm sure the Paris Accord will disagree.

I think its 100% the media's fault for spreading the fake news due to their party affiliation and trying to make ratings.  Imagine how much more support he would have if they did more fair reporting.  How much more stuff would have been done.  Because many old timers (my parents) only watch whats on the 6 oclock world news so of course they don't like Trump.

I do worry about the comments made by Trump and the 2A and his working with the bump stock ban.  So no one can say that I support 100% of the things he does.  Barry never took any guns or gun parts out of anyones hands.  Gun Free zones yes, but not actual parts.  Just where you can and cannot take the guns.

Drilling was never a major one for me, I might like to get away from it because of the negative risks of oil drilling but I also realize that economically we can't just ignore the need for oil. I am more concerned about the regulations on pollution and endangered species. We have wiped out species before I have no doubts that we can do it again. As for pollution we are seeing it out in the environment and inevitably end up consuming it.

The media is a tough topic because they really are not a single entity and in truth the reporting can run the gamut. You might have a respectable agency be ruined by one or two dishonest reporters, or you might have a concerted effort to misrepresent news. Similarly you have places that strive to report accurate news but inevitably let bias seep in and on the other side you have other places where bias is the leading idea instead of reporting the truth. I do think the media often does not give Trump fair coverage but I also think Trump overplays the issue of biased news as well so I think both sides are irresponsible with the truth. Both the news and Trump would be wise to extend the olive branch but I am not holding my breath. Like two sides complaining the other side needs to show more respect but neither side doing anything to earn it.

I am not upset at Trump for the bumpstock ban but that is because it is consistent with my already formed position on that type of item (a different topic). My biggest 2A criticism of Trump is just that he didn't work towards CCW reciprocity.

I think my biggest concerns about Trump are the ethical issues and questions of competency to do the job. I wouldn't say he is the worst but he is far from the best on many levels.

I am glad that you and I can exchange ideas about Trump respectfully though even when we don't agree on certain parts. I do appreciate that.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #1310 on: January 10, 2019, 10:32:18 PM »

While he was obviously speaking metaphorically and on a different issue I do think there is a bit of irony there because in essence he is pointing out that if you really are trying hard to obtain a goal you can find a way around it. So he basically points out that the wall won't stop the determined individual.

changemyoil66

« Reply #1311 on: January 11, 2019, 01:03:44 AM »
One could argue since he is talking to a college graduating class that:

1) Any non us citizen is probably here legally. Student visa.
2) Has a college degree so most likely be a productive member of society
3) Has the money for school. Or the brains to apply and get a scholarship. Relates to #2 above.

Versus someone with no education or skillset and hops a wall (instant and willing law breaker) and ownes an iphone.

I wonder how many illegals who get arrested for big crimes have a good education from their country. But it doesnt count here. My wifes mom has a law degree in Taiwan. But useless when she came to hawaii because its another country and not a well known school either. So her education "didnt count". But this was the 70's so im sure things were different compared to now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

changemyoil66

« Reply #1312 on: January 11, 2019, 08:57:35 AM »

I am glad that you and I can exchange ideas about Trump respectfully though even when we don't agree on certain parts. I do appreciate that.

^^^This, even though I do not agree with somethings that you believe in, I do try and respect everyone on this forum.  Because odds are we will eventually run into each other cause the island is so small.

Had a guy I played Xbox with for years.  Never met him or knew his name, just his SN.  1 day I was at Mililani TC and I heard a voice that sounded like his.  So I called his SN and he looked and said sup.  Same thing happened at a Best Buy.  But this one I knew his 1st name cause he was a friend of a friend.

changemyoil66

« Reply #1313 on: January 14, 2019, 05:05:14 PM »
Clemson invited to WH. Cooking staff not working due to shutdown. Trump paid for fast food to be served.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

*Edit, he called the Clemson coach and explained why there is no food made at the WH.  Asked him what his players want and bought it.

Fake news again tearing his tweets apart.  "We had mountains of burgers, a mile high". 

« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 09:51:37 AM by changemyoil66 »

rklapp

« Reply #1314 on: January 14, 2019, 05:07:33 PM »

changemyoil66

« Reply #1315 on: January 15, 2019, 09:48:47 AM »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1084117143988461571

What?!?

The strategy is give funding for the wall and gov re-opens.

Back up plan is declare national emergency, shut down border, use Army Engineers.

changemyoil66

« Reply #1316 on: January 16, 2019, 09:07:43 AM »
So is this 4D chess?  RIFA?  Can Trump admin fire fed workers (judges) after 30 days of a gov shutdown?  I'm not familiar with this.

groveler

« Reply #1317 on: January 16, 2019, 12:04:46 PM »
So is this 4D chess?  RIFA?  Can Trump admin fire fed workers (judges) after 30 days of a gov shutdown?  I'm not familiar with this.
You can't do a RIF on a budgetary shutdown, only administrative.
However Trump could order a review and make it administrative,
then do a RIF.  I suspect he will get a wall and a RIF, we win either way.
Any day a Democrat suffers is a GOOD day.

changemyoil66

« Reply #1318 on: January 17, 2019, 12:31:20 PM »
Pelosi says Trump cant hold a state of the union.

Trumps response: She cant travel to Egypt with the company jet.  She has to fly commercial.

Winning MAGA2020

RSN172

« Reply #1319 on: January 19, 2019, 02:52:33 PM »
Anybody watch his “big announcement “ today?